[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Well it's not so much that Breachers want to take a charge, since being the attacker denies the enemy charge bonuses as surely as defensive grenades. It's just that their negatives to charging and consolidating make them bad at getting there and following up. So usually you're just taking overwatch fire for no gain.

Also the Breachers do not have access to chainswords so no axes for them.

I ask because I keep seeing everywhere (else) that unless you go all-Raider you're throwing the match since you can't assault out of Rhinos, and I'm too cheap (poor) to buy a ton of Raiders.

Well, you need to use assault vehicles (phobos, spartans, dreadclaws, etc), otherwise an assault themed army isn't going to work.  You could certainly run a WE list while forgoing our close combat prowess but that doesn't really make much sense.  You could certainly try footslogging 20 man tactical blobs but with the abundance of large blast, high strength, low AP weapons in 30k i think you would get blown off the table pretty quickly.

As long as you have some assault vehicles to rush the enemy you can have a bunch of guys following on foot or in rhinos. They should be less of a priority and so should be able to make it close before coming under fire.

For example, send down a dreadclaw or two, and rush a landraider. Behind those, turbo boost the rhinos and/or run the footsloggers.

Next turn charge with the first wave you sent down and the rest should be pretty close on their heels by that point. The rhino troops should have moved a total of 30" by T2 and should be ready to support charge T3.

Certainly if there was nothing in the face of the enemy early on, footslogging/no assault vehicles will make life hard.

Edited by Ethrion

I forsee my future as a wave of Tactical blobs.

Time to get my hands on Apothecaries.

Go bonkers, 5 blobs of 20. 100 of anything is a pain in the peach to get rid of.

with apothecaries etc that will maybe JUST reach 1500... add two deredeo's, a sicaran and a preator. maybe some extra tanks and bam 2500 pts list

Hi guys again i have a maybe stupid question for you.

Would you say its fluffy or is there mention in the fluff that the alpha legion had an allingment with the world Eaters?

A friend of mine had the idea to add an Seeker Squad or the Headhunter Killteam :)

I mean, it IS the Alpha Legion, who knows what they're up to. They could be working with a band of World Eaters temporarily as their motives align, or something similar.

Whether they are worth it tactically I cannot say.

Alphas are good at infiltrating but no, they're not that good. No way they can emulate being a World Eater. An Alpha Legion player I know wanted to take Red Butchers as his 'borrowed' unit. I told him the rules technically allowed it but really absolutely no chance...Red Butchers are pure XII legion...no copies.

Alphas are good at infiltrating but no, they're not that good. No way they can emulate being a World Eater. An Alpha Legion player I know wanted to take Red Butchers as his 'borrowed' unit. I told him the rules technically allowed it but really absolutely no chance...Red Butchers are pure XII legion...no copies.

There's no 'technically' in the rules. :P

I see it as some Alpha Legionnaires stealing them whilst they're locked up and dropping them in the thick of it. The World Eaters do pretty much the same thing, they just don't steal them first. XD

There's no 'technically' in the rules. :tongue.:

I see it as some Alpha Legionnaires stealing them whilst they're locked up and dropping them in the thick of it. The World Eaters do pretty much the same thing, they just don't steal them first. XD

I know ;) I'm just protective over my insane madmen.

Ok thx Terminus, then i have to look for it.

I am ashamed i thought it could be stylisch and easy, to add just one seeker squad which could work with we :(

Wouldn't work anyway, because they are Fast Attack.

There's no 'technically' in the rules. :tongue.:

I know ;) I'm just protective over my insane madmen.
Angron isn't, Alpharius, Alpharius, or Alpharius could probably just ask to borrow them for a bit.