[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Played a gmae with WE today, Angron was surprisingly good, killing everyone Horus-style, yeah he almost died but killed lots, dreadclaw or such other assault transports are a must have with this legion. Surlak proved disappointing a melta blast killed him outright. The chainaxes tacticals are good vs tanks and infantry alike, again give them a transport.

My opinion about inductti is: take them if there are no objective markers, S6 can be great in purge the xenos but not so when you don't get any points for killing people.

Edited by noigrim

Hi guys,

I'm curently thinking about joining the Heresy and I have the option to get the Prospero Box at quite a discount.

Would the mk3 amour make a good infantery base for a WE army? As the are described to have used more of the mk2 ones.

Thanks.

Jorim:

Absolutely. Of all the legions, the World Eaters are supposed to be the most ramshackle in terms of armors fielded, so you can pretty much do whatever. I plan on taking a couple of the Prospero squads and mashing them together with some of my Calth squads and a few of the Forgeworld helmets/torsos to make it really ragtag (I guess it'd count as Mk. V?)

On an unrelated note: my local 40k league is starting up again and there's gonna be some heavy restrictions on list building, i.e. it'll be quite hard for people to build cheesy Decurion lists, but for our purposes I'll be able to throw together whatever I want pretty much- how well do we tend to do versus straight CADs with 40k armies?

Jorim:

Absolutely. Of all the legions, the World Eaters are supposed to be the most ramshackle in terms of armors fielded, so you can pretty much do whatever. I plan on taking a couple of the Prospero squads and mashing them together with some of my Calth squads and a few of the Forgeworld helmets/torsos to make it really ragtag (I guess it'd count as Mk. V?)

On an unrelated note: my local 40k league is starting up again and there's gonna be some heavy restrictions on list building, i.e. it'll be quite hard for people to build cheesy Decurion lists, but for our purposes I'll be able to throw together whatever I want pretty much- how well do we tend to do versus straight CADs with 40k armies?

The absolute best way to integrate 40k & 30k is to have both forces built using the AoD force org chart. You'd be amazed how much of the bananapants insanity is curtailed by just that small move. We've got two guys in my local 30k group who play Orks regularly and one with tyranids. We always have a blast.

Two smaller changes I'd also suggest. Use the AoD Destroyer Weapon rule (Str10Ap1, instant death, sunder, successful invulns are re-rolled, d3+1 wounds/hull points) and change any "remove models from play" effect such as Thunderblitz and Stomps to D3 Str D hits instead. We've been play testing these changes for about six months over about 80 games and they've done great things.

Edited by Flint13

Found my answer. 

Let me pose a question to you all..  Why is Angron absent from most lists? Is Khârn just better? Almost every Chapter does a Primarch deathstar but WE, is he just not that good on the table?

Edited by primalexile

Primarchs are expensive and the more used ones are force multipliers as well as beatsticks. Angron just hits things so it's a big chunk of points. You may be able to get better mileage out of him by foregoing the retinue and just toss him down alone in a dreadclaw.

As far mixing marks, from what I've seen the only thing that remotely works is MkIII chest or helmet with Mkother parts. MkIII's chunky limbs look ridiculous alongside other Mks.

Edited by Terminus

^I'll second that. Treat Angron like you would a Leviathan dread in a pod and you'll rarely go far wrong. 

I've gotten hilariously effective results out of Angron and Ghalan Surlak in a dreadclaw. Try it for yourself.

^Eh, the armor save of a Primarch I've found to be largely inconsequential.

Rarely does a weapon that would be pointed at a primarch have less than AP2.

If you leave Angron out to be shot to death, an extra pip of armor save isn't really going to do it most days. It's the 5 wounds that irritates me to no end.

In our group we decide beforehand whether primarchs will be allowed because purely from a fluff point of view they wouldn't be in most battles. We only roll them out for the legendary battles in the campaigns or if we feel like a huge 6k vs. 6k game.

Fairness-wise it's also mean to rock up to a friendly game with Mortarion or Angron and steamroller through everything.

^Not really. If you build a proper list that is capable of handling more than grots, you can handle a Primarch.  They are worse than many other LOW options.  For a scion of the Thousand Sons, you sure let ignorance inform your misplaced fears!  You can do better than that, frater.

Two smaller changes I'd also suggest. Use the AoD Destroyer Weapon rule (Str10Ap1, instant death, sunder, successful invulns are re-rolled, d3+1 wounds/hull points) and change any "remove models from play" effect such as Thunderblitz and Stomps to D3 Str D hits instead. We've been play testing these changes for about six months over about 80 games and they've done great things.

They took the modified version out, as the 7th ed one is weaker most of the time

Edited by SkimaskMohawk