[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

Hi there, now I have to post here too :)

I have decided to build up a World Eaters force for the Heresy.

But I need a little help/advice.

I actual own 2 BaC Boxes, an Leviathan Body, and an Raven Guard Contemptor Body which I plan to convert into WE-Style :)

Last but not least, the laser rapier Vindicator, because of style :)

So guys now what do you think, will this be a good start?

I plan definetly to buy a second Contemptor ( i dont like the plastic BaC ones)and maybe the Red Butchers

What do you think would fit in best, mechanised or all by pods?

I am afraid about footslogging, too much Dakka out there :)

I plan definetly to play the three Bots i like them for their looking :)

Like I told ya before:

You can hold it like a roofer. ;)

I've used Gahlan and Inductii in a spartan pretty much since book 6 came out.

They won't disappoint.

Funny story though, I've been eyeing these six jetbikes I've got on my paint desk recently too. I feel like we kinda make them work a little better as a viable combat squad. Heavy bolters aren't great but not worthless and you've got good mobility to put our sweet charge bonuses to good use.

I've used Gahlan and Inductii in a spartan pretty much since book 6 came out.

They won't disappoint.

Funny story though, I've been eyeing these six jetbikes I've got on my paint desk recently too. I feel like we kinda make them work a little better as a viable combat squad. Heavy bolters aren't great but not worthless and you've got good mobility to put our sweet charge bonuses to good use.

I had noodled up this list a while back with a bike/speed theme...maybe you could modify it to work with your jetbikes?

2000pts running BA row

Praetor on a bike - Paragon blade, halo, digital lasers

Apothecary on a bike 

10 outriders - sarg has melta bombs and power fist

Red Butchers in a Dreadclaw

3x 11 Assault Marines - 2 power weapons, AA, Melta Bomb on sarg

2x 3 sky Slayer Jets bikes with MM

ah, good point...so for the same points you could bring a primus on a jetbike, move the praetor onto a jetbike, and replace his 10 man outrider squad with a 4 man jetbike squad (including a jetbike sarge with the same PF/MB loadout)...you could drop an assault marine from each of those squads and pick up 1 more jetbike bringing his retinue up to 5.  5 jetbikes vs 10 outriders, hmm, more shooty from the heavy bolters, 2+ vs 3+ save, probably a pretty even trade off?

edit:  would look like this

edit on mah edit:

1995pts

Praetor on a jetbike - Paragon blade, halo, digital lasers
Medicae Primus on a jetbike 
7 Jetbikes - sarg has melta bombs and power fist

Red Butchers in a Dreadclaw (Or Leviathan in pod, same points with melta lance and AC as the butchers/dreadpod)

3x 10 Assault Marines - 2 power weapons, AA, Melta Bomb on sarg

Edited by Guiltysparc

ah, good point...so for the same points you could bring a primus on a jetbike, move the praetor onto a jetbike, and replace his 10 man outrider squad with a 4 man jetbike squad (including a jetbike sarge with the same PF/MB loadout)...you could drop an assault marine from each of those squads and pick up 1 more jetbike bringing his retinue up to 5. 5 jetbikes vs 10 outriders, hmm, more shooty from the heavy bolters, 2+ vs 3+ save, probably a pretty even trade off?

edit: would look like this

1990pts

Praetor on a jetbike - Paragon blade, halo, digital lasers

Medicae Primus on a jetbike

5 Jetbikes - sarg has melta bombs and power fist

Red Butchers in a Dreadclaw (Or Leviathan in pod, about the same points with weapon upgrade and phosphex)

3x 10 Assault Marines - 2 power weapons, AA, Melta Bomb on sarg

I think so, yes. AA sarge is often thrown up front to tank wounds, so the extra survivability should be worth it.

Hi guys again a question by me, the "normal" Bolter Marines, like i have them in B@C , are they a viable option, or should I give them Chainaxes and Pistols for the infight?

I mean, you get pistols and chainaxes for free, so you still have the bolters. They could come in handy on a big despoiler squad if its not in a position to charge something, it can pop off fury of the Legion instead.

Hi guys again a question by me, the "normal" Bolter Marines, like i have them in B@C , are they a viable option, or should I give them Chainaxes and Pistols for the infight?

I mean, you get pistols and chainaxes for free, so you still have the bolters. They could come in handy on a big despoiler squad if its not in a position to charge something, it can pop off fury of the Legion instead.
Absol:cussingutely.

That's why I ordered 40 Chainaxes last week.

So is anyone running falax blades on their sergeants?

I just ran them through math hammer and they seem to statistically give you a wound against 2+, slightly more if inductii. Good way to beat the unweildly ap2 deadlock?

I have not tried them as I like to WYSIWYG and I am haven't got the spare cash to grab a set of rampagers for just the arms.

So I guess assault marines are a thing now (just finished reading the topic).

I've been working on a list for the last couple of days. Already had some help, but I thought sharing it with you guys couldn't hurt.

This will be my second 30k army, I wasn't happy with my Iron Hands. I think the play style of the WE suits me better. I already have access to the following:

- Spartan Assault Tank

- Landraider Proteus

- 2x Legion Sicaran battle Tank

- Legion Sicaran Venator

- Knight from the Imperial Knights: Renegade

I'm open for suggestions and feedback. Maybe even some advice on what can be changed in the future for more list variation or how to downsize the list to like 2500 or 2000.

World Eaters 3000pt

HQ [190]

Khârn

Gorechild

Berserker Assault ROW

Elites [1050]

5x Rampagers

5x Jump pack

Artificer armour

Power fist

5x Red Butchers

Chainfist

Combi-Melta

Spartan Assault Tank

Armoured Ceramite

Flareschield

Dozerblade

3x Apothecary

3x Jump pack

Troops [855]

15x Assault Squad

Chain Axes

3x Power Axe

Melta-bomb

Artificer armour

15x Assault Squad

Chain Axes

3x Power Axe

Melta-bomb

Artificer armour

15x Assault Squad

Chain Axes

3x Power Axe

Melta-bomb

Artificer armour

Fast attack [165]

3x Attack Bike

Multi-melta

Melta-bombs

Heavy Support [410]

Leviathan

Siege claw

Siege drill

Armoured Ceramite

Phosphex discharger

Dreadnought drop pod

Lord of War [330]

Knight Gallant, House Malinax

Reaper Chainsword

Bio-corrosive rounds for their heavy stubbers

Thunderstrike Gauntle

That looks like the kind of army I want to run...I'm thinking of using either chaos raptor kits or berserker kits with jump packs. I have the zerkers to do it...and if I were to get magnets I could magnetize their backpacks and jump packs so I could switch them out.

The chaos raptors are a better looking kit though (and a pain in the neck to paint all that banding). I'd probably swap Khârn out for a generic praetor or some such, I converted the b@c termies to Butchers for my Daemonkin...when I found out I'd misread the options and non champion chaos terminators can't have two power weapons (they look pretty boss though).

I liked the 5th edition blood angel book and very nearly went with them, wanting a all jump pack army, but other things happened and so here I am now.

I initially got into chaos because I wanted an assault army (my main army is tau Enclave) and I loved berserkers in 5th...but now they are just...not great.

Edited by Trevak Dal