[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

I had another game versus World Eaters yesterday.

Gahlan, a power axe sergeant and 14 inductii wiped out Terminator squads on the charge with ease. They had stormshields too. Huehuehue.

Gahlan chopped down 3 Terminators himself, he is a beast in CC, invuln and 4+FNP is pretty solid to survive long enough to axe something in the balls.

I had another game versus World Eaters yesterday.

Gahlan, a power axe sergeant and 14 inductii wiped out Terminator squads on the charge with ease. They had stormshields too. Huehuehue.

Gahlan chopped down 3 Terminators himself, he is a beast in CC, invuln and 4+FNP is pretty solid to survive long enough to axe something in the balls.

I think what's glorious is charging 15+ power armoured inductii at a 10 man super elite terminator unit (Juestaerin etc.) and seeing the look on the oppo's face - something like 'haha seriously?...this'll be easy...' and then rolling over them in the first round with a million wounds inflicted!

Guest Royal Cactus

Hey everyone,

since it was perhabes the last Chance of getting a Calth set i finaly decited to enger the Heresy. The only Problem I have right now is this: eventhough i have been in the hobby for 7 Years i only played 2 games of 40k, i'm more of a sculpter and fluffbunny so in conclution I know the fluff very well but i have no idea what units are good and which Layouts sucks.... So i thought I'd just ask you guys!

I want to start fresh with the Calth set and will start a World Eaters Legion. I really love Tank models and Termynators.

So by now I'm sure you know what is in the box but I'll write what i have anyway:

30 Mk4s

1 Contemtor

5 Termis

1 Champlain

1 Termin Captain

I also have the Chaos Landraider Model sitting around unpainted i think you can still use it right?

I also intend to get the new Pospero set so how would you guys go about it with the stuff i have?

MfG. The Cactus

Hey guys, been playing world eaters for a few months now and been reading through this thread (all 72 pages. on a smartphone).

Seeing as i haven't seen anyone say it yet:

Angron doesn't benefit from the +1 FNP and +1 IWND in the Crimson Path rite of war. Which sucks as a 3+ FNP Angron running around with a 4+ IWND would be sickening. But if you read the rules as written for the rite of war, is says: All units with the Legiones Astartes (World Eaters) rule. Angron doesnt actually have the Legiones Astartes rule.

So, my question is, if Angron is in a 20 man despoiler squad with Gahsuperlan, and in the enemies deployment zone, whilst gahlan would effectively give the squad and himself the 3+ FNP, would the fact the squad has that save pass on to Angron? or no matter what, is he: 3+, 4++, 4+ FNP and the squad 3+, 3+ FNP?

Let me know if that doesnt make sense. Cheers in advance guys.

Edited by The Red Angel

I really love Tank models and Termynators.

You would LOVE Iron Warriors and Iron Hands. Both love tanks, both have cool asf terms. IW terms are ridiculous, a 10 man unit unleashing 20 small blast templates is unfair to say the least. 

Gorgon Terms are also pretty cool.

Both would get mauled by Butchers in combat however.

Edited by The Red Angel

Hey guys, been playing world eaters for a few months now and been reading through this thread (all 72 pages. on a smartphone).

Seeing as i haven't seen anyone say it yet:

Angron doesn't benefit from the +1 FNP and +1 IWND in the Crimson Path rite of war. Which sucks as a 3+ FNP Angron running around with a 4+ IWND would be sickening. But if you read the rules as written for the rite of war, is says: All units with the Legiones Astartes (World Eaters) rule. Angron doesnt actually have the Legiones Astartes rule.

So, my question is, if Angron is in a 20 man despoiler squad with Gahsuperlan, and in the enemies deployment zone, whilst gahlan would effectively give the squad and himself the 3+ FNP, would the fact the squad has that save pass on to Angron? or no matter what, is he: 3+, 4++, 4+ FNP and the squad 3+, 3+ FNP?

Let me know if that doesnt make sense. Cheers in advance guys.

The Red Angel

No, the squad would not 'pass' the save to Angron. As you say, the squad would have 3+ and 3+FNP and Angron would have 3+, 4++, and 4+FNP.

Hey everyone,

since it was perhabes the last Chance of getting a Calth set i finaly decited to enger the Heresy. The only Problem I have right now is this: eventhough i have been in the hobby for 7 Years i only played 2 games of 40k, i'm more of a sculpter and fluffbunny so in conclution I know the fluff very well but i have no idea what units are good and which Layouts sucks.... So i thought I'd just ask you guys!

I want to start fresh with the Calth set and will start a World Eaters Legion. I really love Tank models and Termynators.

So by now I'm sure you know what is in the box but I'll write what i have anyway:

30 Mk4s

1 Contemtor

5 Termis

1 Champlain

1 Termin Captain

I also have the Chaos Landraider Model sitting around unpainted i think you can still use it right?

I also intend to get the new Pospero set so how would you guys go about it with the stuff i have?

MfG. The Cactus

First of all, great (and correct) choice to join the XII Legion!

With what you'll have from the boxsets I recommend putting the terminators (with combi-meltas, chainfists and powerfists) in the landraider, make the 30 marines into 3 squads of inductii with powerfists, make the chaplain model a praetor with paragon blade, and give the contemptor the multi-melta and melta in the fist. Take the 'Berserker' Rite of War and CHARGE!

To augment the list I'd then go with purchasing a spartan assault tank so that all your terminators can get in, bulk two of the inductii units up to 15 and put apothecaries in each, keep one inductii squad at 10 but give them the old landraider, and maybe buy some rhinos to put some special weapon squads in for support.

Oh and buy red butchers and give them a landraider because they're awesome!

That's my two cents for a start.

Edited by Ethrion

Guest Royal Cactus

So i should kid the Termis out to deal with Tanks, divide the 30 into 3x10 Squats in Land Raiders and get some Spartan-Tank-action going? But what are inductii? And what about rites of war like Armoured Spearhead or pride of the Legion is that something to look at with the Butchers?

Oh and thank you very much for your answer!

So i should kid the Termis out to deal with Tanks, divide the 30 into 3x10 Squats in Land Raiders and get some Spartan-Tank-action going? But what are inductii? And what about rites of war like Armoured Spearhead or pride of the Legion is that something to look at with the Butchers?

Inductii is a free upgrade you can give Tac squads to make them eat everyone else. Inductii with chainaxes and bolt pistols rather than(or in addition to) bolters have increased strength and Feel No Pain, but -1 Balistic skill and can no longer score, or be joined by anyone but Primus Medicae and apothicaries. You also have to take Gahlan "Choppy Time" Surlak, who is a super Primus Medicae.

If you are playing fluffy WE rather than some objective capturing guys dressed as WE, Inductii will help you turn everything into little red chunks.

Edited by Unholyechoes

While normally I would consider dropping the bolters for the CCW (2 points per guy savings), but seeing as the World Eaters get chainaxes for free, you don't have make that sacrifice and always maintain the threat of Fury of the Legion with Rapid Fire bolters if an assault seems unlikely for whatever reason. It also gives them decent volume for overwatch in case they get charged (you really prefer to be charging, but unlike say Emperor's Children, you don't live and die by it).

The free chainaxes are literally the strongest bit about the World Eaters. There is a reason for the thread title. :D

Personally, I like equipping my units to be able to deal with armour and combi-meltas then chainfists tear stuff up good. Having a lot of landraiders can get expensive but it's great having plenty of assault vehicles. To save on points I'd at least have a spartan with the terminators in and another landraider with red butchers, everyone else can footslog for now.

As for rites of war, I'd say go with the 'Berserker' one - hatred outside of your own deployment zone is brilliant and you'll get more value out of it than say 'Armoured Spearhead' or 'Pride of the Legion'.

Guest Royal Cactus

I did consider Iron Hands for a long time but I want to sie with Horus, perhabes I'll do a IH-Black shield force at one point I was reading how a bunch of them where fighting along the Sind of Horus after istavaan 5. okay than Thank you very much for all the help, so I'll get the Pospero set nin a few weeks and than a order from FW is in order let's get the first book and some sweet stuff like butchers! (Autsch, my wallet just hurt!)

One last thing: when playing Heresy one should use The Legion spesific Rites of War father than the generic ones right? And since i get the Axes for free can i keep the bolters with outextra Points?

Edited by Royal Cactus

I did consider Iron Hands for a long time but I want to sie with Horus, perhabes I'll do a IH-Black shield force at one point I was reading how a bunch of them where fighting along the Sind of Horus after istavaan 5. okay than Thank you very much for all the help, so I'll get the Pospero set nin a few weeks and than a order from FW is in order let's get the first book and some sweet stuff like butchers! (Autsch, my wallet just hurt!)

One last thing: when playing Heresy one should use The Legion spesific Rites of War father than the generic ones right? And since i get the Axes for free can i keep the bolters with outextra Points?

No, you don't have to use the legion specific rites. I sometimes use the orbital rite for my World Eaters and the 'Pride of the Legion' one for my Emperor's Children. Use whichever fits and suits your build and play style. I just find that the 'Berserker' Rite of War is incredible.

Yeah, you can keep the bolters and get the extra ccw for free. However, I think in order to get the special rule you have to model them with an axe and not just say they have one. You can just say they have bolters somewhere, or mag-lock them to their backpacks.

Edited by Ethrion

So is it confirmed that we get chainaxes and pistols IN ADDITION to the bolter for free? I'd always thought we could only ever exchange a chainsword or other CCW for the axe.

If that is the case, how have you guys been handling modeling? I have loads of BaC bolters laying around but not sure how I'd model them maglocked, seeing as they all have gauntlets attached to them...

It's a long running argument over what access means and whether just having the option to take something is qualifies. They probably should pay points for them because Inductii are a tad OP, but it can be argued either way.

It's a long running argument over what access means and whether just having the option to take something is qualifies. They probably should pay points for them because Inductii are a tad OP, but it can be argued either way.

Yeah the wording in the new red book seems like modelling the figure with the chainaxe counts as paying the points cost - "any model... with 'access' to a chainsword...". 'Access' not being the same as 'with'. 

When I build my Inductii my bigger concern is, that they have Chainaxes in their hands. Some dudes get a Bolter + Axe, some a Bolter + axe at their hip (FW, Anvil Industrie) and some axe + Bolt Pistol and Boltgun at their back. That does two things.

It looks more like a mob of crazy guys instead of a civilized unit AND it helps that you don't need massive amounts of Bolters without a hand on it.

That's for sure.

I would, if I could, post some pics, but I can't, which is sad, so that is that.

As a matter of fact it is quiet easy to cut of the right arm right below the armpit turn the lower arm for like 90° and glue it back on. That way you get a nice look of "Boltgun at the ready". The left arm is now free for holding a Chainaxe, a head or showing the middle finger. ;)

I am thinking of running three blobs of Inductii with apothecaries, and a Master of Signal and two full stacks of quad mortars giving covering fire. It has no real anti-armor except PF Sergeants and Shatter Shells, and no anti-air at all, but it sure seems like a fun list. Edited by Unholyechoes