++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

Lots of games going on in my store today.

TS vs. Death Guard starter at around 900pts is still a toss-up.. If TS play keep-away, they will win.

TS vs. TS... My Ahriman list vs. my buddy and his Magnus list.. Crushed, I let Scarabs get charged by a full strength Magnus. He's nuts. At one point he did 10 Mortal Wounds to a unit of 10 Rubric Marines. LOADS of fun. I only felt like the game was a loss at the end of turn 4. Did 15 wounds to Magnus and caused a lot of damage. I brought my Scarabs (2 units) in turn 1.. Should have held one back for later, or dumped all of them into Magnus turn 1... Oh well.

Smite from 4 Aspiring Sorcerers + the big guys adds up.

Happy with 8th. GW is all but saying TS are getting more stuff after the TS faction focus today. People are butthurt on Facebook. I see why. Trust me, I've played this army for 20 years and I have seen the ups and downs and I realize that Traitor Legions rules going away is garbage.. but remember-

It's just a placeholder.

LEARN 8TH NOW and suck it up and we will be rewarded once we get good stuff. Get a grasp for the rules and encourage others to stick with it. My store has been going hard all day. Just closed up shop. Not many sales, but wait til about 2 weeks.......

Raven1 I plan on using spawn for most if not all of my FA.  I think they will make for a good screen unit.  Looks like they lost their invuln, unless beast confers it.  In the leaks I could not find specific info on what keywords like Calvary, Deamon and Beasts mean?

Good to hear!! Have you tried any of the vehicle options? I've always liked predators even when they were lackluster, so I was wondering if you had any input on that.

I looks to me like the damage the hellturkey has been kinda nerfed though.

The Predator is sick. 2d3 autocannon shots that do 3 flat damage if one goes through is nice. It's 1 pt under the TL Lascannon on top, and I'd keep except against Land Radiers and the like. If you fight a lot of land raiders I'd go with the TLLC. I am considering getting a second one. I thought about a Land Raider, but there's no point putting Terminators in there if they can deep strike.

I've changed my mind on Ahriman. If you have the points, the disc is a good upgrade. Far from an auto-include, though. Exalted Sorcerers are wonderful distraction units, and I'd rather it be them moving up on discs than Ahriman, if you are short on points.

Next list for 2k is: 

Command Points: 6+d3

Outriders:

Fateweaver (Warlord- Tenacious Survivor for 6+ fnp) 

3 Screamers

3 Screamers

3 Screamers

Vanguard:

Ahriman on Disc

5 Scarab Occult Terminators w/ Hellfyre Missile Rack and Staff

Supreme Command:

Exalted Sorcerer on Disc with Axe

Exalted Sorcerer on Disc with Staff

Exalted Sorcerer on Disc with Staff

I think it's legal because: keywords?

The Screamers are meh. But I like how fast the list can move. Will let you know how it does. I'm not sure why Fateweaver costs so close to Magnus. He doesn't even have Ephemeral Form! loloolololo

What do you find you are spending command points on?

Have you tried the Icon yet? I want to spam them for experimentation purposes. I was hoping 3-6 icons would add up some nice mortal woumds over the course of a few turns.

What do you find you are spending command points on?

I have yet to play 8th officially (waiting till books are in hand on the 17th) but I would imagine Psychic tests are a big winner for us. Maybe some Rubric armor saves from being shot / stabbed up close by D1 weapons (I imagine that will be frustrating) 

Charge distances and the 2CP charge interruption both seem like winners. 

Standard army im looking at falls between 6 and 8 CP. (3 base, standard battalion, and possibly the command detachment)  within 2k.  (

Sidenote; Its so nice being able to actually fit a decent amount of models in 2k.........rare feeling for the 1k sons. 

Good to hear about the predator! I have two with the auto/las (the old ones with metal turret and sponsons that I think is way cooler than the new ones) and a full out dakkapred. Maybe I can use those as a part of a spearhead detachment!

I hope that the 'codex' offers a daemon prince more suited to us when it comes out. The one in the index looks great, but not anywhere near psychic enough.

And is it just me, or do the malific claws seem like the best choice against most targets for Way less points than the other options?

The claws are definitely the optimal choice. The amount of bonus attacks more than beat the improved str, ap, or damage from alternatives.

I think bonus attacks will nearly always be superior when it comes to this type of power ratio between weapons, unless you know what you're facing beforehand.

Ok so by turn 3 I'm all out of Command Points. Turn 1 I would probably use one for Warp Time. Remember I've got 1 or 2 units of Scarab Occult Terminators attempting to charge turn 1 depending on deployment and enemy.. So that power needs to happen. As per matched play, I might burn the next command re-roll in the shooting if a lascannon rolls a 1 for damage or something like that. After that, you're damn right I might re-roll the charge if it's absolutely garbage.

I follow a "use it before you lose it" mentality. You aren't going to win the game by holding those re-rolls til turn 4.

Speaking of re-rolls, unlike 7th edition, thus far except for a couple games, it has been unclear to me who is winning at turn 4.

Regarding the auto-pass morale tests stratagem, THANKFULLY, you have the benefit of seeing a unit take tons of casualties before rolling the test at the end of the turn.. So if the enemy is doing lots of damage and you need those Rubrics or Terminators to hold that spot and stay there next turn, declare you are spending the 2pts and auto pass it. Next turn, that's a Smite, maybe a Soulreaper into a tank, etc.. I dunno. Player's choice.

I have a question. Taking a disc of Tzeentch conveys the Fly keyword to my Exalted Sorceror. Does that mean he can fall back and shoot? 

I'm asking because from the T'au faction focus, it is specifically mentioned that the Fly keyword allows Crisis Suits to fall back and still shoot. 

However, I'm also unaware that the 8th Edition Core Rulebook has any section whatsoever that explains the function of keywords. Which is understandable since they are trying to get away from the whole USR thing.

Which led me to believe that this instance of falling back and shoot is unique to the Crisis Suits. However, there is not such thing listed in their data sheet either.

So my question is... can someone verify that this whole falling back and shoot due to the "fly" keyword is only unique to the T'au Crisis Suits or to everyone including our Sorcs on discs?

Yes according to the leaked books. Those things aren't crisis suit specific but keyword "Fly" specific.

Thank you. However, may I know where have you confirmed this? I can't seem to find it in the Core Rulebook...

Archived