++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

Nothing takes away the rule "Lord of the Thousand Sons," so he can still project it. However, once he loses the Infantry keyword, he no longer benefits from his own aura. This is why I think Ahriman on foot is better than Ahriman on his Disc. 4++ invul re-rolling 1s, AND you are probably protecting him, so he won't take many hits in the first place.

The loss of this ability is less of an issue on the Exalted Sorcerers that take Discs.

Keyword daemon is there because abilities affect daemons

You had mentioned that mini smite was doing work so it seems that by design these guys need to be smiting their butts off every round along with denying others.  Combined with a handful of Icons stripped mortal wounds could be coming off faster than we realize after 3-4 psychic phases.

Thanks again for the clarification on demons.  I need to get out of a USR mindset.

Thanks for the breakdown sir.

Another quick question probably all ready answered.  If my exalted sorc takes a disc and loses the infantry key word does he also lose the ability to buff infantry while on disc?

Thanks!

I still don't believe that was the intent. It makes no sense at all.

Also what does the demon key word do?

Allow Grey Knights to hit you more often.

Don't forget some keywords are just 'tags' right now and will grow as codexes/rules are further released. Down the road certain keywords could have much larger meanings than they do the day of the release.

As Prot said demon is just a tag word much like <Legion> it doesn't inherently offer anything but certain things like Grey Knights or a demon prince aura will affect "demon"

As far as the infantry and disk of Tzeentch riders are now cavalry. I think the change to cavalry makes sense, but now not bring effected by the Lord of TS buff makes little sense. I figure it's an oversight and will get FAQ'd

Thanks all,  as mentioned I think I still want USRs in a subconscious way and keep looking for explanation in certain key words that do not mean what I think.

Thanks again.  I hope it gets faq'ed.

So I was watching the FLG question and answer session regarding 8th. They said that in a detachment your units must share at least one faction keyword to be included. So there is that.

As Prot said demon is just a tag word much like <Legion> it doesn't inherently offer anything but certain things like Grey Knights or a demon prince aura will affect "demon"

As far as the infantry and disk of Tzeentch riders are now cavalry. I think the change to cavalry makes sense, but now not bring effected by the Lord of TS buff makes little sense. I figure it's an oversight and will get FAQ'd

My belief is that the aura will always affect the character that generates it, but will only affect surrounding units of Infantry.

About the Faction keywords I really think overall the work GW did amounts to pretty much every codex being rewritten for 8th. I think fortunately we all see an update to play with out of the gate, but they've intentionally left room to grow with all armies and I'm sure we'll see more faction rules in the future.

So I was just looking at the data slate for Big Red, and I noticed that his aura extends to all Thousand Sons units, not just infantry. To my understanding, that includes all vehicles, walkers, The hell turkey, etc. that is potent!

Wow, I had missed that detail on Magnus!  He looks better and better though looking forward to hearing how he is in actual play and what strategies come up to protect him (being in CC as much as possible, fly etc...)

The scans are great but looking forward to actually holding the books to dig deeper.  My group is focused on Shadow War Armegeddon right now anyway until 8th drops officially.  :/.

OooooooKay that is news to me; and that is wonderful. 

Magnus already was far better then last edition, that is a fantastic change. 

What a wonderful time to be a 1k son player. :happy.: :biggrin.:

I havent actually had a chance to get games in, my group is waiting until we get all our books in hand on the 17th, once they are we can go from there and I should have a tactica started up by early july! 

One thing; I dont *think* that a Exalted on Disc (or Ahriman on disc) would benefit from the aura as he lacks the keyword....but If so then they would be the ONLY characters in game that I have seen that would not benefit from their own unique traits......kinda an issue. so Prot I hope you are right my friend as it would make the discs far more logical of a choice to spend points on (along with the innate fly and daemon keyword benefits!) 

Looking at the FW options, what do people think the Thousand sons will benefit , combat, shooting, fliers or artillery?

Any thoughts on 20 strong rubric squads, possibly as a bubblewrap for an Ahriman on foot?

I think based off of this ruleset that a 20 strong squad will HUGELY benefit. 

No need for both Aspiring sorcerers for squads, you save 25 points taking a huge unit of 20 over 2 units of 10. (assuming 20 models, aspiring with staff, 2 soul reaper, no flamers)  

the "perma-split fire" is very good and benefits large (and mixed) chaos squads IMO.   the soul reapers can fire off into their own targets, the bolters can nail whatever they find to be most opportune. Works out nicely IMO

Any sorcerer could be mixed in to a good advantage with Exalted or Ahriman particularly on disc benefiting (remember you do not ignore your own models for movement so you need to make space.... a Flying model does and so is a tad more flexible)  

The benefits for warp-time are obvious and plentiful, the bigger the squad...the more "bang" for your buck. 

I saw on 40k Community that the First Blood series has a game today with 1k sons vs Dark Angels.  Has anyone had a chance to check these out?  I think the first one was yesterday.

Would love to see GW playing 8th if I am correct in what I saw.

Does anyone yet have a good sense of what 'matters' in 8th? Bodies, multi-wound weaponry, AP, combat vs shooting? People quickly twigged that Autocannons were good in 6th, does anyone have a feel for what a potential meta might resemble?

What "matters" after the many games I have played in or seen in the store, is balanced lists, although fun stuff is still viable.

For the first time since Wrath of Magnus came out, I'm putting Rubric Marines in lists automatically and then building around them. 9/10 my lists have 20 rubrics. By the way yesterday I deployed them in cover for the first time on an objective and lololololololol

@Archaeinox:

How have you found the low range on smite and most of the other powers to be affecting how the legion plays? 

Sorry RPR, I must have missed your question. Smite, in any form, has added up each game so far, in one way or another. It's a totally new game now, hard to compare to 7th.

Archived