++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

Good job, but better invuls via discs? Can you explain that?

Sounds like you need a rematch!

I did notice that taking a Disc makes you Daemon, though.. So changeling makes it harder to hit Tzeentch/Daemon units within 9" yes? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Good job, but better invuls via discs? Can you explain that?

Sounds like you need a rematch!

I did notice that taking a Disc makes you Daemon, though.. So changeling makes it harder to hit Tzeentch/Daemon units within 9" yes? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Someone else watching had told me that since the Sorcerers gain the daemon keyword they then get the +1 invulnerable save for being a tzeentch daemon?  I honestly wasn't sure and came here to fact check him.  I really do want a rematch with the guy, as I know he has a knight he didn't field that would have drastically altered that game! That's exactly what I was thinking with the Changeling as I will be walking my Rubics, not to mention his copying ability is hilarious to me and a potential deterrent to characters with special weapons.

Well yeah if the opponent can't win and the unit has a lot of strong pistols they'll usually just fall back in their turn.

I heard it is a cool mechanic that will see little action. Looks like you outlined the reasons.

Well yeah if the opponent can't win and the unit has a lot of strong pistols they'll usually just fall back in their turn.

I heard it is a cool mechanic that will see little action. Looks like u outlined the reasons.

It's really more of a defensive option.

If you get charged you can decide whether you want to fall back or continue the fight + using the pistols in your shooting phase. Plus in case of Flamer Pistols, the Overwatch should be good as well. :P

I heard it is a cool mechanic that will see little action. Looks like u outlined the reasons.

It's really more of a defensive option.

If you get charged you can decide whether you want to fall back or continue the fight + using the pistols in your shooting phase. Plus in case of Flamer Pistols, the Overwatch should be good as well. :P

Good point.

Daemons that have the Ephemeral Form special rule get +1 to their Invulnerable Save.. So it's only the Chaos Daemons in that section of the Index: Chaos who have the chance of getting it, and even then it's only some. Fateweaver, for example, does not have Ephemeral Form.

Tried some more stuff today!

Discopred

Works very well, no surprise here. Will be a big bullet magnet of course but that has to be expected.

Hellwright

Not worth the points. He looks nice on paper, being S5 T5 and having lots of weapons against armour. But they are so short ranged that he has to advance towards the enemy which means that he probably won't be in range to heal your Predators and backfield tanks etc. Just take a normal Warpsmith and if you want to, maybe advance him with your Helbrutes and other walkers. 

Hellforged Contemptor

I play mine with the Butchercannon and Deathclaw + Hellflamer. He's a nice allrounder and the invul makes him worth taking. 

Maulerfiend

No. 180+ points if you take it with the Magma Cutters and it still sucks! It only hits on 4+ with 4 attacks which make it very unreliable at taking down enemy armour. It would have to always get prescience but that spell is better reserved for other units. A Helbrute with a Multimelter will do the same job much more reliably. Shame that it's so bad now...

Ya, I am getting the same feeling with my maulerfiends, love the guy, but a helbrute is a bit more reliable minus the invulnerable save.

I was hoping the decimators weapons would be x2 str, but he is stuck at str 9. Contemptor with double fists is something I hope to add to boost the armies close combat, and that fancy new 30k one is on my list.

Got tabled today hard and fast for the first time in a little while- Mechanicus with an Imperial Knight

Executed those things with the tracks and big guns on their shoulders fast but the Robots were unkillable.. Everything I shot at them had a few mortal wounds come back with 6s on invul saves and I couldn't manage to get Smites off against the Knight... Bad bad bad

I was silly and took a side of the table because it was convenient, and basically gave him the 3 objectives in his deployment zone and there was no way I was getting to that. Learn from my mistake and pay attention to deployment

By the way, check this out. So every wound on my Rubrics was giving them a 2+ save, either by melee or Skitarii weaponry.. I rolled 1s for every save they made all game and lost 20 rubrics that way. This particular game was 3000pts, and I had 10 CPs. The lament was real.. Everything i re-rolled, either a stray armor save, or damage from a lascannon, or a charge, the d6 was a 1. We all have bad days, eh?

So let's suppose a few things.

1. The Thousand Sons will get their own codex. (Death Guard are certainly getting one!)

2. It will be relatively soon. (Can't let the shiny new models coast on placeholder rules.)

3. It will be accompanied by some new models. (All new releases are.)

Now, any of these could be argued, but that's boring so let's put it aside for now. Assuming they're correct, what do you expect?

Relics, obviously. A unique psychic chart, I damn well hope so. But models? All of the obvious stuff is already filled.

A Primaris-Scale Sorcerer?

Silver Tower? The Lord of Skulls can't be the only Superheavy forever. That said, the Fenris campaign book seemed to redefine Silver Towers as being Starship-sized rather than building-sized. Maybe a shard of one?

Maybe unique cultists? Representing Thralls or Adepts or some kind?

I wouldn't count on us getting models; new codex is assured. If we got anything itd be maybe a clampack character or something like a single figure of some kind; have an entire range to love gents! 

Granted....I certainly would have no issue what-so-ever getting even more dust bunnies to love ;-) 

Personally I'd love to see some of the utility brought back for Exalted Sorcerers. It's not that they're bad now by any stretch, it's just they were so versatile before. Same with the Scarab Occult Sorcerer who is now very poor. Can't see any new models unless there's generic chaos ones coming that are badly needed (like the standard CSM squad) And please please please keep that truescale trash away. Bad enough we have that garbage fluff to justify the loyalist versions, gods alone know what the traitor stuff would look like

I see twp distinct possibilities:

1. Unique codex release with corresponding models or starter pack.

2. Traitor Legions style release with assorted chaos models (Mortarion release?).

I'd love some Fast Attack options besides spawn, a unique Dreadnought, or some scout types (ie. Order of Jackal or Blindness). I personally am expecting a Traitor Legions style release this year though with Codex coming later down the line with new models to expand the army list.

Traitor Legions is I think the best we could hope for

If Savage Orcs got an AoS book, I think we can pretty safely expect a sub-faction featured so prominently to get their own book in turn. At worst, they could be lumped in with Death Guard, because attention is clearly being given to the cult legions and it would be odd to pre-empt the World Eaters and Emperor's Children with a release sooner rather than later.

I would also point out that the Sons are already borderline truescale.

If Savage Orcs got an AoS book, I think we can pretty safely expect a sub-faction featured so prominently to get their own book in turn. 

I also think that DG and Sons get their own books because GW somehow seems to promote these over the rest of the chaos factions. Which means in the end we would probably have three codices: DG, TSons and a book for CSM with Legion Rules for the rest of the legions.

Another quick insight:

Renegade Knights

Now, my Knight Paladin is currently painted in the colors of my Forgeworld Halo Prime but Ad Mech simply doesn't need him. Still, after what feels like an eternity I played him today along with my Militarum Tempestus. He performed AMAZINGLY! Against an Ork Kanwall he just cleared house. In 7th edition the Paladin Knight was just bad with his Rapidfire Battlecannon. But now he is actually very good against armour and in melee he can just wreck face. So for Chaos I would say he definitely has his place and is a valid alternative to Discopreds and Helbrutes etc. 

Archived