Today, the Death Company killed...

Xenith

Game against chaos. Raphens squad took out a rhino an two tooled up chaos champions squads. I ended up conceding with raphen and a power fist left alive because they were the only two left. The squad is overpriced but awesome if they make it into combat at full strength.

Friday night game against tau. 11 death company one power fist and a Chappy killed a two man squad of battle suits with drones. A single xv88 with drones a 6 man squad if path finders 10 Kroots that charged me haha, and a devil fish. One 1 left with Chappy. Fun stuff and my other squad of dc 8 man squad bare with jump packs killed two stealth suits. One kroot that had charged my other squad of dc that ran from combat after loosing one kroot really funny!

• 1 month later...

<OH MIGHTY THREAD, I SUMMON THEE FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!>

This week my Death Company have killed:

45 Pink Horror

A blob of 20 Guardsmen

Commisar Yarrik (3 times in one game! >_<)

A Haruspex

A Flying Hive Tyrant.

It's been a busy week.

DC

After being reduced to 3 men ( one hammer, one power sword, and a Librarian), the death company charged and killed 3 Deathwing Terminators and one Terminator Armor Inquisitor. Hammer and Librarian survived to kill a Rune Priest before the Wolf Lord slaughtered them.

Game One

3 x 5 Death Company

Chaplain

Cassor the Damned

Accounted for one squad of Dire Avengers :dry.:

Game Two

1 x 7 Death Company

1 x 8 Death Company

Astorath

Death Company Dreadnought

Accounted for 4 HPs worth of Wave Serpent, one squad of Striking Scorpions, one squad of Dire Avengers and one Farseer.

I played against Iron Hands last night at 1850 and brought 2 x 10 man squads of Death Company with 2 powerfists each, one with Astorath as a tag along.

They killed 3 Grav Centurions, 8 THSS Termies (well, the Sang guard guard helped), 8 Tac Marines and a Sergeant w/ Powerfist and 5 scouts. 

Astorath was...decent.  Not sure if he was that much better than a stock chaplain but they certainly made their points back!

Had a great narrative game last night and my DC performed well, as they often do.

I usually run my DC with a Chaplain and Dante (Rage, rerolling hits and Hit Run to repeat is brutal), they managed to charge a 20 man squad of Necron Warriors, Dante took the challenge from the overlord, and didn't kill him, but the DC wreaked faced and won the combat, and we swept the whole unit to get first blood and slay the warlord.

D

• 2 weeks later...

Today my Death Company killed;

A 10 man Dark Angel tactical marine squad,

An 8 man Dark Angel devastator squad,

And 4 out of a 5 man Dark Angel tactical terminator squad.

The Death Company was comprised of 15 marines, all fitted with JP and 3 marines were given PF. All of the Death Company marines fell in battle against the recently-fallen-to-chaos Dark Angels.

Last game against necrons, 7 DC on foot with one fist. Tied up the night bringer for two turns before killing it, lost everyone but the power fist who then went on to tie up a unit of destroyers until the end of the game.

I had my first game in my gaming groups Six Up Save League against a Nurgle themed "summoning" army last night.

My Death Company were on an absolute rampage!

The loadout was 7 DC with jump packs, one fist and one powersword.

Turn 1: They were charged by some Beasts of Nurgle and the Death Company killed the whole lot without taking a wound.

Turn 2: Charged a squad of Nurglings and killed them all, no losses.

Turn 3: Charged a Unit of Plague Bearers that were tying up a Tac squad, Killed them all, no casulaties.

Turn 4: Charged a second unit of Plague Bearers, killed them all. A sould grinder dropped an AP3 blast on them but only killed one marine.

Turn 5: Charged his HQ (I cant remeber what its called, a banner bearer or somthing) and took one casualty.

Edited by Bukimimaru

I finally get to add to this excellent thread!

I took 15 DC with jump packs in my game last night, with 2 power fists and an attached chaplain. They charged a unit of nob bikers with an attached painboy and warboss.

With 65 + 8 (powerfist) attacks on the charge they killed 4 nobs outright and put a couple of wounds on the characters, and with the second round of combat they finished off all but the warboss, who survived to wipe them out with 2 wounds left.

A fitting end!

• 2 weeks later...

Today my DC (2 Fist, 7 Chainswords with Bolt Pistols and a Chaplain) killed:

1 Dark Angels Dreadnought and in the following turn 1 DA Libby and 5 DA Veterans. 

Only losing four DC marines.

Not so much but enough. :biggrin.:

Spent yesterday playing a huge game at Warhammer World in Nottingham.

My Death Company (1 sword, 1 fist and the 5 pistol/chainswords with a Chaplain) got the charge off against a squad of 10 Khorne Bezerkers and murdered the whole squad in one go. That +1 initative is sooo good!

I then got charged by a soulgrinder who killed 5-6 of them. :(

Fortunatly my Powerfist stepped up and punched the Grinder right in the face! >:D

WW Grinder

Yesterday the Death Company killed...

nothing. Absolutely nothing.

To be fair, they did soak up 90% of the Grey Knights first turn fire power. Reduced to one guy and a chaplain, the Chaplain decided that his job guiding them to a glorious death was basically done, and left to join an assault squad and later the Sanguinary Guard. The remaining mad man joined in on a combined charge on some Terminators, soaked up a combat squad of Interceptors worth of fire, then died to a daemon hammer.

Did I mention I really miss WS 5? Like, a lot.

Also tabled the Grey Knights, with Draigo, Cotez, and two Librarians, by turn 4. Baal strike force for the win.

A squad of Ork Bikers.

The pistol/chainsword guys killed all but the nob. Then my P-fist dude overkiled him and in return he took out the fist and another brother. I need to add a maul or sword.

A squad of Ork Bikers.

The pistol/chainsword guys killed all but the nob. Then my P-fist dude overkiled him and in return he took out the fist and another brother. I need to add a maul or sword.

A Chaplain with a Crozius is a massive help in these situations.

I mean, the invun save is great and the ability to let all the DC re-roll hits is awesome, but the concussive Power Maul is the icing on the cake.

Strike Force Mortalis

• Chaplain
  • 5 man DC with power sword (in Rhino)
  • 5 man DC with power axe  (in Stormraven)
  • Death Company Dreadnought with power fists (in Stormraven)
  • Death Company Dreadnought with power fists (in Drop pod)

Total carnage during an 1850 battle Vs Eldar:

• 4 HPs worth of Falcon grav tank
  • 9 Wraithguard
  • 10 Dire Avengers including Exarch
  • 3 Fire Dragons

Strike Force Mortalis

• Chaplain

• 9 Wraithguard
  • 3 Fire Dragons

Batrep? :D

Strike Force Mortalis

• Chaplain

• 9 Wraithguard
  • 3 Fire Dragons

Batrep? :biggrin.:

Clicky :)

A squad of Ork Bikers.

A Chaplain with a Crozius is a massive help in these situations.

I mean, the invun save is great and the ability to let all the DC re-roll hits is awesome, but the concussive Power Maul is the icing on the cake.

Word.

I am however so "nervous" about using Mauls/Crozius, since my arch enemy (aka. 'friend') plays Ork Speedfreaks and it just smell a lot like list tailoring :P