Today, the Death Company killed...

Xenith

Amazing work Brothers! 

I have been busy with work and holiday the last while, but I can tell you that since the 9th April, this thread has seen the glorious sacrifice of no less than 265 Death Company marines, and untold other xenos and heretic scum.

Excellent efforts from Joelmai with the strike force andBukimimari with the daemon slaughtering - Looking at the kill totals, you can see who your regular opponents are!

I recently used my DC (9 marines, 1 fist, 1 power maul and a librarian with a force axe) against necrons. With a little help from scouts DC destroyed 3 wraiths (they didn't have RP though) and then charged a squad of warriors with Orikan and lord killing almost all warriors in the process. Survivors fled and next turn Orikan became S7 T7. I charged them again and although necrons were majority toughness 7 with a total of 5 wounds my DC ripped them apart.

Librarian helped greatly with unleash rage, quickening and his force axe. And I rolled 11 when charging both times which gave me additional attacks (I used FTSF).
Sadly I lost the game 5:7.

Today the Death Company killed....

A Tervigon, a 3 man Warrior Brood, a 8 man Genestealer Brood with Brood Lord, and a 30 ork mob in 'eavy Armor. 2 Blood Angel victories, one by objectives, one by tabling. Glory to Sanguinius!

edited for spelling

Edited by BadDice0809

Seems like the orks did a number on the DC this weekend. 

Only thing my DC got to kill, was a few boys IN THE SHOOTING PHASE, after deep striking in danger close to the ork gun line. Got pounded with a direct hit from a Shokk Attack Gun (S9, AP2) and managed to fail 11 (ELEVEN!) 4+ cover saves. I tried tanking some on Dante, but that unit was wiped. Rest of the game was a formality.

Poor Dante... when I ran him one game this weekend he also died an inglorious death tanking wounds from a deep striking Mawloc... saved 12 wounds from the Sanguinary Guard though (he had already taken a wound from ripping apart Death Leaper). Come to think of it, shouldn't the Guard died to a man to protect him? Thats like their whole job...

I haven't played in four years so, "Back in the day my Death Company killed.."  :tongue.:

An entire Necron army (Eye of Terror era).  They wiped out everything I had on the table except my tornado of 27 Jump Pack DC (back then you could get away with that).  I just went from unit to unit and ate every last one of his models by the end of turn six.  Technically I lost because I completely ignored all of the objectives but I didn't give a damn.

An Eldar Phantom Titan (first edition Apocalypse).  We were getting shot to pieces by this ugly armourcast hunk of junk.  Moriar's (DC dread) drop pod hit waaaay off course and the only thing close enough to attack at all was the titan... so I charged in!  Naturally nothing happened at first but then I hit some kind of rending critical something... then rolled a chain reaction... which dealt some unbelievable number of Structure Points worth of damage.  I just barely managed to finish it off by the end of the game and the table started cracking jokes.  I never saw the owner at the tables again but to this day the "official" story is Moriar took out it's ankle and tripped the monstrous thing, then ripped the pilot right out of the face (cockpit) while it was trying to get back on it's feet.

Other than that my DC have been pretty par for the course it seems.  I dearly miss Rending and Litanies of Hate like crazy, hardly worth the trade off for power and special weapons IMHO.

I haven't played in four years so, "Back in the day my Death Company killed.."  :tongue.:

An entire Necron army (Eye of Terror era).  They wiped out everything I had on the table except my tornado of 27 Jump Pack DC (back then you could get away with that).  I just went from unit to unit and ate every last one of his models by the end of turn six.  Technically I lost because I completely ignored all of the objectives but I didn't give a damn.

Interesting. I didn't know there was a time when tabling your opponent didn't win the game.

The guy running the game had a campaign setting in play.  He was also the store owner, lol.  He made the call that I'd lost (or tied since he had nothing left standing) but I wasn't gonna argue with him.  Still, arguing that point for myself kinda takes the fun out of the story.

That store owner sounds like a prick. Good win for you though. And killing a Phantom with a Dreadnought wins you the prize for "biggest kill ever" for anything Death Company!

Thank you, good sir!  Someday I'll get my hands on a miscast of one of those heads so I can rebase that particular dreadnought with it.  :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday the Death Company killed:

• A Squad of MoN Chosen (Dark Vengance loadout)
  • A MoN Chaos Lord with the Murder Sword
  • A Helbrute
  • 7 Plague Marines (with help from a Tac Squad
  • A Tzeech Daemon Prince
  • 18 Pink Horrors
  • 3 of those flamer Tzeech Damon things.

Totaly earned their place in Valhallah, all Shiny and Chrome.

Yesterday the Death Company killed:

•  
  • A Squad of MoN Chosen (Dark Vengance loadout)
  •  
  • A MoN Chaos Lord with the Murder Sword
  •  
  • A Helbrute
  •  
  • 7 Plague Marines (with help from a Tac Squad
  •  
  • A Tzeech Daemon Prince
  •  
  • 18 Pink Horrors
  •  
  • 3 of those flamer Tzeech Damon things.
  •  

Totaly earned their place in Valhallah, all Shiny and Chrome.

What would they do on Valhalla, being dead? Shouldn't the DC be interred on Baal? SCNR :wink:

Drink deep of Tanna and remember the fallen.

Edited by Quixus

• 3 weeks later...
Played a 1250 list, Cassor the damned in a pod came down in front of a riptide melta shot it. Next turn the riptide missed all shots I used the psychic ability to give cassor more attacks and he straight brutalized the riptide and killed it with some very unlucky dice haha.