Today, the Death Company killed...

Xenith

Today (or yesterday), my 8 man DC squad on foot killed a 3 man bloodcrusher of khorne squad and a 12 pack of flesh hounds. Not noteworthy except they charged me :biggrin.: .

Big shoutout to Mephiston for doing the most damage but the DC tanked 17 wounds from the flesh hounds in one turn to which only 2 DC died.

I also had a 10x Jump DC with Dante, Sang Priest and Chaplain but they got heavily roasted by 2 soul grinders and a helldrake in turn 2. Lots of dead DC marines :sad.: .

Edited by Spagunk

I also had a 10x Jump DC with Dante, Sang Priest and Chaplain but they got heavily roasted by 2 soul grinders and a helldrake in turn 2. Lots of dead DC marines :sad.: .

Hmm I would probably run all those ICs with Sanguinary Guard.

Hmm I would probably run all those ICs with Sanguinary Guard.

I tried that already but every time the Sanguinary guard are trumped by weight of fire.

Switched to DC because they can take small arms fire like champs.

How so? Both are T4 one wound, SG has 2+, DC has 3+, with the priest, both have FNP. Am I missing something that makes DC more survivable?

How so? Both are T4 one wound, SG has 2+, DC has 3+, with the priest, both have FNP. Am I missing something that makes DC more survivable?

I don't think this is the right place for this discussion. Plenty of other thread that address differences and benefits between SG and DC.

This time, I chose a bigger squad of DC by removing SG from my list and transferring points. I wanted to see if they performed better and according to my assessment they performed a lot better.

In other words it's numbers – DC are cheaper per marine?

Yes. Each SG works out to be 33 per marine before adding anything. DC with jump pack tally at 23 per marine. Now mind you you get a MC power weapon to your SG for "free" but you also have to pay an additional 25 pts (banner) to match the attacks that DC get standard (bp/ccw). Then, you have to add the Sanguinary Priest tax to add the fnp which is 75+ if you plan to use a Jump Pack with them. It's a lot of work to buff up the squad which is why I just dropped the extra 200 pts for the squad into more DC for a higher number of attacks.

Honestly, the Sanguinary Priest was just for the relic Power sword and to give dante access to FNP. There wasn't any "Oh, put these guys in there to make them more efficient" as that is what the chaplain was for. I could have dropped the priest to get more marines but I was pressed for time when making the list.

But that's not what this thread is for : )

Edited by Spagunk

• 3 weeks later...
Two squads of five and seven killed 6 nurgle spawns went forth and ran over a squad of daemonettes and horrors then got bogged down by a squad of 5 plague marines till the last turn until a juggernaut khorne lord came in and started to slaughter them... My new blood angels chaplain miniature fluffed everything... New model syndrome. Of all the to hit dice he rolled only two hits were made throughout the game. Not a bad tally for the death company though...

Well yesterday I played my first and second ever games with 1850 and the itc format and my death company did splendid.

First game I got a turn 2 charge against Logan on storm rider with astorath and 7 death company (1 sword 2 fists) and wiped him in 1 round of combat.

Second game I got a turn 2 charge with the same squad and 5x tac marines against arjac, a wolf Lord/battle leader in terminator armour with storm shield and fist/hammer maybe, and 5 terminators(th/ss) and wiped them out in 1 round of cc as well.

But to balance it off I couldn't take the last hull point of a blizdread in 2 rounds of combat with Mephiston and 5 th/ss terminators and in return loosing the 5 terminators before Mephiston got his act together and did it.

Next game I ha the same squad charge 3 twc after I shot them with a land raider crusader and lost 4 terminators to to killing 2 twc and doing a wound to the last guy then spent the next 3 rounds of combat trying to kill the 1 guy.

Battle ongoing, but I've just pulled off a first turn charge on a 12' x 6' board and popped a Cobra with fifteen Death Company, Astorath, Lemartes and a Chaplain.

T2 saw a different nine man squad with Chaplain take out an Ork Dreadnought. Battle ongoing...

Battle ongoing, but I've just pulled off a first turn charge on a 12' x 6' board and popped a Cobra with fifteen Death Company, Astorath, Lemartes and a Chaplain.

T2 saw a different nine man squad with Chaplain take out an Ork Dreadnought. Battle ongoing...

T3 saw that above nine man squad wipe three Vypers in combat, Astorath, his Chaplain and two remaining Death Company take out Eldrad and a Farseer, and a third squad of eight Death Company shoot two Fire Dragons.

• 2 months later...

Today i have played against Chaos and Space Wolves. It was a very bloody battle.

I have two units of five DC marines with jump packs each (one Fist and one Power Weapon), the first one killed 15 Chaos Space Marines in two turns. And the other one killed 2 Chaos Bikers, 1 Space Wolves Runepriest in bike, and 5 Space Wolves Bikers.

Also i have to make a special mention of my Furioso Dread, who killed 5 Chaos Marines, One Forgefiend and 5 Space Wolves Bikers.

Yesterday I ran two 9 man jump squads lead by either a Chaplain or Lemartes. They killed a riptide(took forever!), a ghostkeel, and entire Command cadre, and a team of stealth suits.

I have no idea what a Command Cadre is, but it sounds like Xenos trickery, good work on removing it from the field of battle!

Over 900 Brother in Black have seen the field of battle since this thread has begun, that is nearly an entire chapter fallen to the rage.

How many chapters worth of marines have succumbed to the Black rage over the last 10,000 years, I wonder.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, with the Advent of The Brotherhood of the Lost formation in Angels Blade, this seems like a good time to start the Death Co kill counts!

Who plans to add some more DC to their army? I'm Looking at adding at least a couple of squads, maybe 10 on foot with bolters, and 2x 5 with packs.

Edited by Xenith