So I spent some time yesterday and today looking at pelvic structure (and not the hello sir bars over here but online) for both humans and animals.

Doing so has helped me progress round the base of the spine and the hips some more with another 4/5 small batches of greenstuff, I've been expending the boens and brining them towards the spine end, likewise some basic structural work around the base in making something more joined up and in scale with the beast.

med_gallery_88567_11374_43241.png

I've just finished another small batch which has balanced out the two bones nicely and am slowly filling in the gap between hips and spine to the point where i'll probably be beginning to properly detail the coxis in the next batch or two. I also need to define my metal to flesh transition points better as well so I can begin to define where will be ragged flesh and where will have skin and fur. Once shaped out the bones will get a liberal treatment of textures to match the rest of the bony ridges.

So far after a little bit of uncertainty it's going well my biggest risk is running out of greenstuff on this trip while still having a week or so left, STill have an 8 inch stip but that can suddenly deplete with a couple of solid batches. Though I should only be mixing at most a centimeter at a time for the hips.

As always let me know what you think and I'll no doubt be lurking on others threads until the next update.

Thanks man. As for the 8th belssing you'll have to wit and see, going to try and write up the second blessing over the next couple of days if things on ship go quite, I'm burning to much time into pokemon Ruby as it is while waiting for the shipyard staff to need assistance as the software config is basically done. 

Well at least you have one thing to keep your time running...essentially if the software is all done and no issues, then your being paid for...well...nothing haha

....damn you...I want your job...hahah...

The MCR of the ship is hot and sweaty (air con isn't working yet) and the DSME staff have a culture of lying to superiors and cowboy practises to make the lies less lies and just half truths. That includes hounding you to do things you refuse to do for very good reasons. Oh and one guy has the sniffles and has had for months with a very wet sniff that's like japanese water torture and they just got new radios so a constant playing with beebs was distracting yesterday. Be careful what you wish for.

Of course, if the software is playing up...

Anyway, amazing work on the knight titan, keep it up. :-)

Fingers crossed it's all working ok, New drop to install at lunch then some testing ready for DSME tests on Monday. We have two ships on the go and only one me so next week is going to get irritating as they just about as far apart as possible.

It's not too bad but would prefer to be home with the family and doing something challenging and interesting at work, it's hard to concentrate on writing even stories when the MCR heat makes me so sleepy. 

Still day off tomorrow and dinner out this evening, engineer that just joined us over here is taking a year off from the beer so likely to be easier to not get gazeboed and end up rough as hell all day tomorrow.

That's looking great, looking forward to seeing the ragged flesh sculpted on. 

Me too, fair bit of filling and shaping to be done first as I do need to remember that I will need to get a brush round all the crevices and the like at some point.

Edited by Mechanist

So came back to the apartment after lunch time to get some grub having used the normal lunch hour to put the latest software drop on board. Going to have to head back out soonish to do some testing when the yard goes quieter and I can have the system to myself.

However with about and hour to kill I avoided games on my phone and have added a little more to the Knight's arse.

med_gallery_88567_11374_576134.png

Sacrum and Ilium bones now join up ready for the next step, going to drill out the holes the Sacrum has (Sacral foramen) ready for final detailing. Along with this I'm working from the base of the torso down the back to begin adding the fleshy details. Till some filling to do as under the joints in the bones are some hollows that will be a nightmare to paint. Hopefully adding ligaments and stands of flesh will solve that.

Looking very, very promising indeed! That mixture of bones, flesh and cabling on the lower back and underneat the breastplate is nothing short of spectacular -- fantastic scultping there!

You have my undying respect for seemingly never ever taking the easy way out on this model! :)

Looking very, very promising indeed! That mixture of bones, flesh and cabling on the lower back and underneat the breastplate is nothing short of spectacular -- fantastic scultping there!

You have my undying respect for seemingly never ever taking the easy way out on this model! :)

If he took the easy way out, then the model would not be as awesome as it currently is. The man has true grit and determination to see It become the awesome he's envisioned.

Damned brilliant

I managed one session yesterday after some dinner and an afternoon nap.
med_gallery_88567_11374_563708.png

Adding the holes and beginnings of the detail I think sells it a lot better as a bone, hopefully a similar transformation will take place as I detail up the hip bones in the coming days. I did manage a little bit on that this morning while waiting for someone to come grab a bike from the apartment but no photos yet, not sure I'm totally sold on it but will post more as I progress and trying to work out how "spikey" to make the ridge of the hip bones.

So opinions please, I;ve been doing a little work on the ridges along the tops of the hips. So far I'm trying a different level of ridgy, spinyness on each side too see how I feel.

On the left side I've kept it toned down.

med_gallery_88567_11374_308304.png

and on the right side I've gone for much more prominent and a bit spikier.

med_gallery_88567_11374_32688.png

and the two together

med_gallery_88567_11374_592967.png

Now both levels of ridges are present already on the model, with the toned down version matching the pauldron with MoK and the rougher one similar to the skull and flesh covered pauldron. Both shown on the previous page.
the other option is to match the leg spikes a little and have some spines coming out from the bone ridge.

I'll play more tomorrow but wondering about peoples thoughts.

WOW JUST WOW that is an impressive bit of GSing and by bit I mean amazing undertaking. I think both sides look fantastic but the "spikier" side looks more organic like it actually grew that way where the other side though also fantastic looks more like it was made just my two cents either way you go they both look fantastic

So spiky seems t have been the choice.

Began a little last night, with some plastic spikes along the Sacrum, then used some pins to begin sculpting my own on the hip.

med_gallery_88567_11374_553158.png

A bit difficult to make out the green on green here but the aim is to have three spikes out from the hip I'll then sculpt some details into the hip to represent part of a Chaos star.
with a chaos star on one side it's tempting to have a mark of Khorne on the other hip but will see how that goes.

since I'm flooding a little at the moment with closeups of hips I though it was time for a quick shot of the whole spine together, still some blending of the older and new to go and a little more detail but its going nicely and might even look planned all along.

gallery_88567_11374_186235.png

Looking forward to getting a bit more round the hip and finalising the look of the bones, hopefully tonight.

Yep. It's a nightmare. A monster. In the very best possible way, a wonderfully disturbing daemonic construct. You do understand that it will suck the soul from any table it touches, right? That much awesome will cause serious psychological dread as soon as it's placed. I approve. :)

*Subtle grinds his teeth* Damnit I wish I could build something right now! Work like this is just too inspiring and motivating to get some modeling done. Humm... maybe, for just a few hours.

Very cool!

Thank you.

Yep. It's a nightmare. A monster. In the very best possible way, a wonderfully disturbing daemonic construct. You do understand that it will suck the soul from any table it touches, right? That much awesome will cause serious psychological dread as soon as it's placed. I approve. :smile.:

*Subtle grinds his teeth* Damnit I wish I could build something right now! Work like this is just too inspiring and motivating to get some modeling done. Humm... maybe, for just a few hours.

Haha, yes right up to the point where it dies turn one (I went second so didn't even get a move) to ranged D Wraithknight. I tacked it together to play a game last month and it was on the table for deployment + 5mins before hit and a 6 rolled for the sD Shot. Then blew up and killed a bunch of my Berzerkers I'd also screwed up and double paid for about 20 berzerkers thanks to battle scribe's tracking of chain axes. Worked out the error on about turn 3 and ended up with a handful in reserve that did basically nothing. Needless to say the game didn't go well.

Man that spine is looking wicked! Seeing the whole thing as opposed to the close up shots really makes me appreciate all the detail that has gone into the model again. Out of curiosity when you start sculpting do you tend to mix more GS than what you need or less? I've got a horrible eye for how much I need and usually mix too much haha

Man that spine is looking wicked! Seeing the whole thing as opposed to the close up shots really makes me appreciate all the detail that has gone into the model again. Out of curiosity when you start sculpting do you tend to mix more GS than what you need or less? I've got a horrible eye for how much I need and usually mix too much haha

Always to much, even when I try for the tiniest amount it's always too much. Fortunately there is usually somewhere that needs some filling out to finish up larger chunks or when I run out of that I do what I need to do and grab a seperate piece of the kit and start/continue on that. Thats basically how the Pauldrons got started and most of their work done.

If it comes to it greenstuff can be put in the freezer and will stay pliable for ages I've even had some in a freezer for over a week and been able to use it, starts of hard but warms up and softens. It wont be as fresh though and will tend to be towards the less sticky end but fine for rough work or work where you want it a bit more cured.

I completely agree with Vairocanum that a look at the whole back really brings home what an incredible conversion this has become -- and that is some wicked sculpting once again. I love the inclusion of the Stonehorn tail!

Just to clear that uo, though: Are you going to use the regular Knight legs (or rather, the Knight legs you carefully sculpted-over to attach muscle) and attach them to the pelvis area, or will the legs be more radically rebuilt?

Anyway, this thread never fails to amaze! Excellent stuff!