gallery_5348_11506_117094.jpg

Ranulf the Black:

gallery_5348_11506_105952.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_1427.jpg

Nils Ironclaw:

gallery_5348_11506_108797.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_175786.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_30591.jpg

The rider of the fourth Wolf, Fior Frostmane, will be added finished soon.

I've matched the personal heraldry to the new fluff in Curse of the Wulfen. Just got to add snow and grass tufts to the bases, once they've had a coat of varnish.

C&C welcome :)

Cheers,

WW

Harald Deathwolf and the Riders of Morkai charge headlong into battle:

gallery_5348_11506_133896.jpg

Joined by Fior Frostmane:

gallery_5348_11506_121311.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_44362.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_18643.jpg

Group shot of the pack and great company markings:

gallery_5348_11506_4237.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_228575.jpg

Now to decode what to paint next. Another 5 Grey Hunters I think, before my Wulfen arrive!

C&C appreciated.

Cheers,

WW

Those are awesome brother. Was it simple to make Logan's wolf into a thunder wolf?

Yes to the one I've used. You need to sculpt some fur into the recesses the reigns glue into, and add a saddle, but otherwise it's fine. 

The other wolf, leaping forward, is a fair bit harder, as the chunk of ice it's based on extends it much to far over a regular 60mm base. 

Missed the last few updates, havent been online for a while, RL impacting on hobby again, sigh.

Wolves are simply stunning dude....can you provide a step by step to them please?

I'll assume you mean the Thunderwolves.

For the grey wolf, base coat was celestra grey, with dawnstone used for the fist pattern, and then washed with nuln oil. I then drybrushed with celestra again. Then I did the final stripe down the back of the wolf in black, highlighted with grey.

The grey/brown wolf was based in dawnstone, then washed with nuln oil. Then a stripe of XV88 was applied as the first pattern, then Dryad bark as the final pattern colour. Then I washed it with agrax earth shade. Then I drybrushed the grey with administratum grey, and the dryad bark with gorthor brown. Then a final black stripe was painted down the back of the wolf.

The final wolf was based in zandri dust, and gorthor brown and dryad bark as the pattern. Then it was all washed in agrax earth shade. He zandri was drybrushed up with ushabti bone, and the Browns with their lighter counterparts. A final black stripe was applied down the back of the wolf, and highlighted with eshin grey.

Thats great, ill take a note of the recipe for future reference......have you done any wulfen yet ?

I seem to say the same things over and over again when commenting on people's work here, but these all look amazing! The skill level displayed by multiple people here is mind-blowing.

Wraithwing (besides having a badass username), your work is impressive and inspiring. I love how you have tied your Thunderwolves together but still made them unique and not uniform. I never thought to use the wolves from Logan's chariot to convert to TWC and I am totally going to steal that from you. I love the idea of using the pilot from the Stormwolf as a TWC Iron Priest conversion, and I want to do one of those. As soon as my bases arrive from Secret Weapon Minis I can start assembling my models and not just cutting off the sprue and cleaning them up!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. Such great looking models!

Just wanted to test the water with this Wolf Priest WIP.

He's not in my army list, but with the recent discovery that the Lords of the Fang formation could well include a generic Wolf Priest, I decided I wanted to convert one up.

I'm still undecided what to do with my Krom. Very tempted to Ragnarise him, but I will then want to do some Blackmanes to go with him!

Let me know what you think:

gallery_5348_11506_106109.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_114126.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_50258.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_121952.jpg

Not too sold on the helm. I'd like to use a bare head, but can't find one that I think will fit.

What do you think?

Cheers,

WW

That idea works well atop of the wolf shaped helmet from the troop box. I can dig out a photo if you'd like. It's squared lower "jaw" fits nicely under the end of the skull.

The nice thing about the Krom body, is that it fits most of the requirements for a badass looking model.

End of Line

That idea works well atop of the wolf shaped helmet from the troop box. I can dig out a photo if you'd like. It's squared lower "jaw" fits nicely under the end of the skull.

The nice thing about the Krom body, is that it fits most of the requirements for a badass looking model.

End of Line

Waiting for "that one guy" who makes his entire army out of krom. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update today, to keep the thread rolling.

Decided to make Drenn Redblade the leader of my new Grey Hunters pack/ The Power Sword arm from the Space Wolves kit goes quite well with him I think:

gallery_5348_11506_56867.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_87481.jpg

gallery_5348_11506_5327.jpg

I also shaved the company markings off the shoulder, as I'll be putting pack markings there.

Cheers,

WW

Looks awesome, Wraith! I've been considering something similar (though not replacing the chainsword), and you've made a very convincing argument. :D

I really like combing through your thread, and when I shamelessly rip off one of your ideas for inspiration, I'll be sure to give you a holler!

Looks awesome, Wraith! I've been considering something similar (though not replacing the chainsword), and you've made a very convincing argument. :D

I really like combing through your thread, and when I shamelessly rip off one of your ideas for inspiration, I'll be sure to give you a holler!

Thanks dude, appreciate it!

Could you show how you make the Deathwolves company marking? I find this really inspiring for my force, but haven't figured out that icon yet

They're transfers from the old forge world space wolves transfer sheet, now out of production sadly.

I managed to scrounge some via Facebook.

Aye it is a shame that the FW sheet has disappeared, we can only hope it makes a return.

The new GW transfer sheet only has Grimnar, Blackmane & Dragongaze's Great Company symbols on it, but you could use  Ragnars company mark and freehand te sun in the jaws?

Either that or check the downloads section here an maybe make your own transfers.

Redblade looks cool wit the power sword, Did you make a slot in the top of the scabbard to make it look empty (as the knife is in his hand). It is a nice little detail :)

Aye it is a shame that the FW sheet has disappeared, we can only hope it makes a return.

The new GW transfer sheet only has Grimnar, Blackmane & Dragongaze's Great Company symbols on it, but you could use  Ragnars company mark and freehand te sun in the jaws?

Either that or check the downloads section here an maybe make your own transfers.

Redblade looks cool wit the power sword, Did you make a slot in the top of the scabbard to make it look empty (as the knife is in his hand). It is a nice little detail :)

No, it's actually part of the miniature.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for some updates!

It's been a busy old month has March, so I'm looking to make some time this month for more hobby. Think I'm off to a good start with these guys:

gallery_5348_11506_80163.jpg

My second Grey Hunter pack. The second half of this pack will have another Plasma, as well as the Company Banner.

After the above are finished, hopefully in the next day or so, I'm moving onto these guys:

gallery_5348_11506_9911.jpg

The axes are magnetised, in case I want to field more claws or TH/SS.

Finally, I took a leaf out of Fyth's book, and converted my Iron Priest to ride a Thunderwolf:

gallery_5348_11506_98656.jpg

Super easy to do, and managed to keep all the cables and pipes intact.

Cheers,

WW

Archived