simison

Found it. The Forge Masters Sanctum. They did a little of canon work, expanding on one of the World Eater campaigns before shifting over and giving the Lightning Bearers a big boost.

I had asked them to give the same treatment to the Wardens, and ColdWinter was nice enough to say that they'd think about it. But they haven't posted anything since March, which is a shame because they do good detail work, including the posed legionnaires. 

It'd be wonderful if we could combine projects.

Tower shield – 10 points for characters in terminator armor/15 points for non-terminator characters/50 points as a unit upgrade - Grants +1 to the model's invulnerable save and counts as defensive grenades. Models with a tower shield can never benefit from having two close combat weapons. Available to terminator squads, command squads and characters.

I think "Tower Shield" is fine, however I just noticed your pricing: Terminators benefit more from having a Tower Shield (they get a 4++ or even a 3++ for Cataphractii, whereas PA only get a 6++ or a 5++. Because of that, it should cost more for terminators, less for non-terminators. You should also specify what happens for those that don't have invul saves (do they gain a 5++ or a 6++?), and place a hard cap of 3++ (if ever there are any other pieces of wargear that give a 3++, you don't want 2+/2++ termis, that would be completely bonkers)

Found it. The Forge Masters Sanctum. They did a little of canon work, expanding on one of the World Eater campaigns before shifting over and giving the Lightning Bearers a big boost.

I had asked them to give the same treatment to the Wardens, and ColdWinter was nice enough to say that they'd think about it. But they haven't posted anything since March, which is a shame because they do good detail work, including the posed legionnaires. 

It'd be wonderful if we could combine projects.

Hah!!! I asked them too and got at least a Warden of Light template. But it was too small. But I can ask cold winter if he wants to help on the botl. So ironhandsfanatic is not only doing the graphics alone.

I hadn't realised the significance of Irvin's claws before. I like the spoila optima angle; that alone says something about his stature as a warrior, as I imagine that custom is quite limited among the Astartes between the demands of the Mechanicus to study any archeotech, and the stigma attached to the weapons of many enemies.

For future reference, how would the likes of Akylles regard him?

Edited by bluntblade

I hadn't realised the significance of Irvin's claws before. I like the spoila optima angle; that alone says something about his stature as a warrior, as I imagine that custom is quite limited among the Astartes between the demands of the Mechanicus to study any archeotech, and the stigma attached to the weapons of many enemies.

Seriously, I need to double-check all your posts because this is like the fifth time you've edited a post with a new question.

Irvin Ruel is one of the oldest marines in existence by the time of the Insurrection. So, he's given an enormous amount of respect both within and without the Legion. That said, he's clearly a Terran Marine and never has fully adapted to Alex's idealism. That means that the respect is mostly professional from the other Wardens. 

Despite the utter devastation inflicted by the Day of Revelation, it was still imperative for the Loyalists to attend to typical logistical matters, such as the chain of command. Among the Halcyon Wardens, the Order of the Shield was the hardest hit with the grandmaster of the order, Pyrhicles, falling to the Traitors, along with a large percentage of the Order's upper echelons. It would take several months to determine who was next in line to become the newest Lord Protector. 

In time, it was determined that Citadel Zeen Valettay was next in line. The veteran was in the middle of an extermination campaign against a Hrud infestation, completely unaware of the Insurrection when Gaius, Hand of the Halcyon Wardens, arrived with news of his promotion. The campaign against the Hrud was abandoned as Valettay and the Warden detachment returned to Terra to assume a new responsibility and a darker mission against their wayward cousins.

Seriously, I need to double-check all your posts because this is like the fifth time you've edited a post with a new question.

Irvin Ruel is one of the oldest marines in existence by the time of the Insurrection. So, he's given an enormous amount of respect both within and without the Legion. That said, he's clearly a Terran Marine and never has fully adapted to Alex's idealism. That means that the respect is mostly professional from the other Wardens.

Sorry, it's a bad habit of mine. Edited by bluntblade

It occurs to me, that the moment the Traitors break through into the Sol System, Alex would be using his Divination to foretell the end of the fight in his usual strategy to figure out how to win the campaign.

Except, he quickly sees that he's going to die. And, it's not even a remote possibility, happening in like 4% of the futures he can see. It's more like he's seeing his death 67% of the futures he can see, and most of the futures where he lives leads to a bleaker end result (a good third of his 'survival' endings happen only because he abandons the Imperium). 

Now, while he doesn't quite believe he's guaranteed to die, the odds are high enough against him that Alex starts taking precautions and begins to set his affairs in order. Thing is, I'm not quite sure he would need to do. Let's see, he makes instructions on who is to replace him as Legion Master. He writes letters to his brothers who won't make it in time to Terra. 

He doesn't see far enough to the Cohort division, so he has nothing to say about that. 

I'm just trying to think of what else he would do to make the most of his last couple of months on the mortal plane. Maybe send another treatise to the budding Imperial Cult? 

Anyway, if it isn't obvious, I feel like writing a Testimony of Alex, thanks to Sig's work, and this is the side effect of that.

It can be reasoned that I am my father's greatest failure. I had always sought to bring my family together in harmony, and now we will be forever divided by hatred. I was created to defend the innocent and now watch as billions of lives are snuffed out, powerless to stop it. I was charged to finish the work my father had begun, to guide Humanity into an unprecedented Golden age, and could not prevent the civil war that threatens to return Humanity to Old Night. I was called the Seer for my perception of both present and future, yet I am powerless to prevent Death from closing its bony fingers around my neck. 

Knowing the day you die offers an interesting perspective, to say the least. 

Perhaps I am my father's greatest failure. Even if that may be, it is not in my nature to surrender to despair. 

As always I will strive to use what time I have left well. I may not be the one to shepherd Humanity into a peaceful age, but I will do everything I can to ensure a seed of such a possibility will survive this siege. The blood of the innocents may stain the streets, but I will protect trillions more from the depredations of Chaos. My family may be sundered, but I will not abandon my father, my brothers, or my sons at this dark hour. I will sacrifice myself to offer them a chance to see a better tomorrow as I have always taught. 

For I love my species as my father loves them. For us, no sacrifice is too great for they are priceless to us. 

The Testimony of Alexandros Darshan VonSalim, the Warmaster

Then again, does Irvin still use Cataphracti armour?

I'm thinking Akylles will probably be my POV guy for any Terran shenanigans on the Day of Revelation. So do you have any character traits in mind for him beyond what I added during the Shrike story, and do you have any characters names among Irvin's assault units?

Edited by bluntblade