The Shattered Tenth: An Iron Hands Blog

Luna707

I'd say you've easily fulfilled the necessary quota for additional cabling and armour plates on IH terminators :wink: . They are not just  nice details, but give the models much more character. It's also great to see you working with the Gorgons, as I love their look, and it would have been a pity to not have them (or parts of them) in here. 

Well I'm not dead everyone!

Unfortunately I have been incredibly busy applying to medical school and have had precious little time to devote to my Shattered Tenth. I don't normally talk about my personal life but this has been a truly strange couple of years for me! I've battled depression, prevented my best friend's suicide, been rejected from a ton of schools, and had to part with a girl who just may be the love of my life but through it all Warhammer has provided me with not only a creative outlet but also a steady fixture in my tumultuous environment. To all of those who have entered a dark time in your life, I've been there and I want you to know that winter never lasts forever. Thank you everyone for your generous praise, you guys and gals have made BaC a really wonderful place!

Also I have a few surprises coming up that I think you all may enjoy!

In the mean time, here is some proof I actually am working on my ETL vow! I'm experimenting with different skin tones and I quite like my most recent attempt:

gallery_84811_11476_989434.jpg

When i last had one of my bad bouts of depression. bac,miniatures and Jeremy Kyle( your life is never as bad as the ppl on that show) were basically the only reason I'm still here.

• 3 weeks later...

2 more Gorgons!!! Five more to go!

gallery_84811_11476_72940.jpg

a couple more shots in the spoiler:

gallery_84811_11476_401993.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_683537.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_30030.jpg

I'd say you've easily fulfilled the necessary quota for additional cabling and armour plates on IH terminators :wink: . They are not just nice details, but give the models much more character. It's also great to see you working with the Gorgons, as I love their look, and it would have been a pity to not have them (or parts of them) in here.

Thank you! hahah yeah I may have gone overboard with the cabling, but I think it ended up looking pretty good

Some of the best stuff I've seen on BaC - amazing work!

Thank you, I really appreciate that!

When i last had one of my bad bouts of depression. bac,miniatures and Jeremy Kyle( your life is never as bad as the ppl on that show) were basically the only reason I'm still here.

Yeah working on warhammer stuff has been really helpful. I'm glad you like my Tenth!

Thanks for dropping by everyone, questions and comments are always welcome! Also I do some commission work on the side, so if anyone is interested feel free to send me a message and I'll see what I can do!

Damn, they look great. Like an indomitable wall of marching steel (iron?).  I particularly love their dynamic poses, a subtly turned head here and a slightly dipped shoulder there make a big difference. You're really knocking them out of the park. The inserted plasticard between torso and shoulder looks a bit rough at the top, though. Are you going to put some green stuff there or maybe cut it a bit more into shape?

And stop posting this awesomeness when I'm asleep! Wretched time zones. :laugh.:

TURN THE KEYS OF HEL

gallery_84811_11476_68989.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_209267.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_16495.jpg

Hey everybody! So I've had this leviathan for weeks but the bulbous nature of the torso/head combo was really throwing me off and as a consequence I was having trouble building a Leviathan I felt passionate. Then I remembered a superb conversion that Commissar Molotov pulled off and that turned out to be my main source of inspiration for this dready (check it out if you haven't already seen it: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/294073-true-scale-deathwatch-1712-frag-cannon-marine/page-11).

Damn, they look great. Like an indomitable wall of marching steel (iron?). I particularly love their dynamic poses, a subtly turned head here and a slightly dipped shoulder there make a big difference. You're really knocking them out of the park. The inserted plasticard between torso and shoulder looks a bit rough at the top, though. Are you going to put some green stuff there or maybe cut it a bit more into shape?

And stop posting this awesomeness when I'm asleep! Wretched time zones. :laugh.:

Thank man, I really appreciate it! I filed the irregularities of the plasticard down a bit just to appease you! hahaha

Really the suggested weight and size on these, just like a walking tank ought to feel. Superp as always.

Thanks! That is just the feel I was aiming for!

These look fantastic – they fit right in with your army, and really capture the feel of the artwork.

:) Thanks brother!

Your Gorgons are looking great Luna, what did you use for components in the end?

Thanks! I essentially have been building on top of the original models to make them larger in every dimension. Unfortunately there is no shortcut to it however and it takes quite a bit of sculpting and press molding (their increased size necessitates more of the armor plates found on the Gorgons) to get them to look right. I could do a tutorial if anyone would like to see it

Thanks for stopping by! Questions and Comments are always welcome

Woah!!

This thread has cranked up the awesome to 11 since I've visited. Can't device what I dig more; your insanely well done atrapos, your magnificent Leviathan, or those perfect true scale termies. Would love to see a tutorial on those. You could help make my dream of well done true scale SoH a reality :)

• 4 weeks later...

More Gorgons!!

gallery_84811_11476_756602.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_366625.jpg

These guys were fun, there are a couple cool conversions hidden in there too, like the underslung graviton gun on the left and the guy with half of his helm blown off on the right.

So I tried making a tutorial but as it turns out I am not particularly good at explaining myself in text and it ended up a bit like this:

gallery_84811_11476_1581.jpg

I've given up on that for now, but I am definitely open to responding to questions about the process! Please feel free to pm me questions you might have on any of my stuff and I will do my best to respond with something informative :)

The cold menace you managed to convey in your dread is nothing short of astounding Brother, and the choice to go for a casket icing on the cake.

Thank you! Cold Menace is exactly what I was going for!

Woah!!

This thread has cranked up the awesome to 11 since I've visited. Can't device what I dig more; your insanely well done atrapos, your magnificent Leviathan, or those perfect true scale termies. Would love to see a tutorial on those. You could help make my dream of well done true scale SoH a reality :smile.:

Thanks Brother! Do it! I would lose my mind if you made some true scale SoH!

That Leviathan is kickass!

Thanks!

Also I made an instagram account for my Iron Hands, you can find me under the name lunax7070 if you wish to see more stuff!

Thanks for stopping by! Questions and Comments are always welcome

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh boi

ahhhhh yeeeeuh

Stellar as always. I'm slowly running out of adjectives to describe your stuff. :tongue.:

Thanks man! That's a nice problem to have hahaha

Life has been fairly busy but I am currently painting all ten Gorgons and the Leviathan right now and they should be done shortly :) In the mean time here are some wips:

gallery_84811_11476_1320353.jpg

Sigismund's head with some hear and a mask.

And guess who's getting some paint....

gallery_84811_11476_566752.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, check back soon for some completed Termies and a Leviathan!

Life has been fairly busy but I am currently painting all ten Gorgons and the Leviathan right now and they should be done shortly :smile.: In the mean time here are some wips:

Thanks for stopping by, check back soon for some completed Termies and a Leviathan!

Loving that head on Sigimund, I always have trouble with painting flesh.

Come on the Leviathan! How hard was it the get that face plate in there?

The final bearers of Medusa's feral heart

gallery_84811_11476_1051204.jpg

A quick wip teaser of my latest creation. He is the last of a lineage of warriors known as the Highlander Triarii, stay tuned for more!

Also I have an announcement, I have been helping a good friend of mine get into 30k true scaling and he will be joining us soon on BaC. You can find him on instagram under lieutenantdan76, check him out if you want to see some sweet true scaled Imperial Fists!

Oh yeah, Varan is finally getting some paint on him. :smile.:

He's coming together pretty well, should be up here soon :)

Life has been fairly busy but I am currently painting all ten Gorgons and the Leviathan right now and they should be done shortly :smile.: In the mean time here are some wips:

Loving that head on Sigimund, I always have trouble with painting flesh.

Come on the Leviathan! How hard was it the get that face plate in there?

Thanks! Not too difficult, I just sanded down the existing sarcophagus with a grinding wheel (breathed in way too much resin doing so) and cut the blood angel one down to fit into the slot.

That might be the cooled leviathan i have seen.

Thanks brother!

Just discovered your thread, seriously amazing true scale stuff here. Your true scale terminators are definitely the most imposing I've ever seen! Looking forward to seeing Varan done!

Thanks man! I'm glad you like my stuff :)

• 2 weeks later...

A Company of Bitter Iron

gallery_84811_11476_858045.jpg

Well I have been painting like crazy the past couple weeks and I finally have a playable force! I’m not done painting yet, so these are very much work in progress photos, but I was too excited to not show them off.

I absolutely love the design of the Gorgons, they are firmly rooted in the more European aesthetic of the universe yet still play on eastern themes with the segmented armor design. Their armor reminds me quite a bit of Byzantine Cataphracts actually:

gallery_84811_11476_42079.jpg

In building my Gorgon squad I decided to add additional hanging armor plates in order to emphasize this design choice:

gallery_84811_11476_774449.jpg

Also Varan and the Leviathan saw paint (still wips):

gallery_84811_11476_1032224.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_117944.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_408830.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_79721.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_1354561.jpg

Five more Immortals joined the phalanx as well!

gallery_84811_11476_547853.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_252902.jpg

Now for some cool pictures!

gallery_84811_11476_606793.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_760568.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_387624.jpg

I played my first game of Warhammer ever a couple of days ago as well:

gallery_84811_11476_1524438.jpg

gallery_84811_11476_132376.jpg

I used the Company of Bitter Iron Rite of War and managed to hold onto the object long enough to assure victory over the Luna Wolves. The Leviathan and Varan were real beasts but I am especially proud of the Immortals as they weathered fire from a vindicator, contemptor, and Justaerin terminators for several turns yet never relinquished control of the winning objective.

That’s all for now, thanks for stopping by everyone!

I'll echo that – seeing the army shot set my autocardio a-flutter! :D

Fantastic looking army of which you should be proud. The attention to detail and coherent, cohesive approach makes the army even better than the sum of its (impressive) parts. 

I guess the only questions are, what next; and where's lieutenantdan76? :)