Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

Well hey there! :)

If you would like to join us, welcome!

Don't get me wrong but could you show us something of your stuff to get an impression of your way of writing? :)

Think that there are enough Legions who might be happy to get some help.

Though I want to write my Legions fluff by myself, I will definetely need a writer to have a look on it or (and that will probably happen) I won't have the time to write their fluff and will need help. ^^

What's open for someone who'd be in to join the project as a writer

Welcome Banjoboy, to the Brotherhood of the Lost! I'm project head, Simison. And to answer your question, yes, we're always willing to add another writer to the team. Given your second post, we have plenty of room to write. Out of 18 legions, only one of them is outright done. We have at least three rulebooks in play if you're willing to write in FW style. And there's an almost limitless potential for writing stories. 

Out of those three options, if you want to work on a legion, ask around in the general thread. If you want to write a narrative piece, give it a shot and post it where it's most apt. If you want to work on the rulebooks, I'd suggest talking to Sigismund and see if you can help out with Escalation.

Ola. Welcome tonthe brotherhood of the insane. You are welcome to write for my Wardemns of Light if you want to. Legion Entries, exemplary battles are always something I struggle with. I am more the visionary guy with ideas, for the writing I rely on all of the inkspillers here.

Well hey there! :smile.:

If you would like to join us, welcome!

Don't get me wrong but could you show us something of your stuff to get an impression of your way of writing? :smile.:

Think that there are enough Legions who might be happy to get some help.

Though I want to write my Legions fluff by myself, I will definetely need a writer to have a look on it or (and that will probably happen) I won't have the time to write their fluff and will need help. ^^

Here's a bit of an unread proofread writing sample for a theoretical Wardens of Light Hero, in the time immediately after the Reunification

The Butcher’s Fall

Not all of the Terrans of the Xiith Legion took to the Ghost King as he took up the leadership of the newly-christened Wardens of Light, and many of them felt a disconnect with their new leader Gwalchavad, his overtures of calm and internal peace mocked by many in the old leadership, even as they felt a pull to their progenitor. The most notable figure against the Primarch in those early days was Praetor Longinus the Star-Butcher, a savage fighter, who self-styled himself as a warrior-king in the newly growing Imperium, his Cataphractii terminator armor garishly decorated with the ornaments of tribute from the subjugated.

Where he expected admiration upon meeting his father, Gwalchavad only found disappointment in the butcher, whose folly the vagrant had already seen in the once unjust aristocracy of Caerbannog, misguided by the same temptations of greed. Longinus felt the disappointment and was disgusted, incensed at what he believed his primarch’s weakness and shortsightedness and walked away from him, knowing he would bring peace at the end of his axe, regardless of where he was demoted to after spurning his primarch.

However, lacking the wrath and pride of his brothers, Gwalchavad forgave and kept the Praetor at the head of his chapter, even if he kept him away from the once famous spearhead assaults, the bloody 11th chapter once conducted. Garnering a reputation as the Last Apostle of War, his men kept in the old colors, fighting in the old style, when they were let to fight instead of garrison, obstinate against the wave of serenity that advanced the chapter past him.

These last Apostles of War we’re however at last given an opportunity at glory, when they we’re the only force left unoccupied as the technosavants of the Argeo system swore off the chains Gwalchavad had seemingly placed on willingly. His pendulum swinging back towards rage, he sent the Apostles to clear the world with only the admonition, Longinus had heard and ignored many times before “From strength, learn gentleness through gentleness, strength will prevail.”

As the Strike Cruiser Martyr’s Memory exited the warp over Argeo’s capital world, it found a trap, having rushed headlong into an ambush by the surprisingly advanced ships of the lost tribe of humans, refusing surrender, Longinus ordered the dying ship to crash into the world’s surface, an action that cost him a battalion, his misguided glory-seeking leading to his doom, as he felt himself recall the Primarch’s meditation. As the survivors escaped the hull and rushed out of the ship for slaughter, a changed man took up his axe again. Longinus rebirthed, left his trophies and ornaments on the ship, ripping them from his armor and taking only an axe and stormshield with him as he exited the hull.

Surrounded by the innumerable armies of Argeo he did not flinch, instead ordering the men he’d carried out genocide after genocide with to stand down and give an ultimatum. ”Lay down your arms and be forgiven, attack us and you will die.” They stood in a tense standoff their for an hour, neither side firing, until the Argeans loosed the first shot’s they’d been given a chance at. Longinus charged into the offending battalion, stormshield over him and slew each man one by one that had fired on him, leaving a young drummer standing on the pile of littered corpses, swiftly cut down in crossfire as more men fired on the redeemed butcher, only to face the same fate. Over the ensuing campaign, the Butcher, dying, followed the same tact.

When the Primarch returned to Argeo expecting a dead world, he found a dead hero, the survivors of the Apostles of War, carrying the axe and bearing the story and armor of the man who repented in death, carved down after 48 hours of combat with mind and body as one. The Butcher’s axe and armor, ornate in their craft, remained treasured relics for the legion to this day.

You have to ask the individual Legionnaires if they want help with their legions. My own Wardens are coming along fine, so I don't need the help. Since the Dune Serpents are coming up next in Book 2, you might want to ping Squig to see if he needs help. 

Rulebook-wise, Book 1 is purely crunch right now, and there's not a lot of writing to be done. Feel free to ask Sigismund if he wants help with Escalation.

Hi di ho. Yes, as simison pointed out, the story has potential. I just have a few suggestions:

The name longinus is latin. The apostles drew most of their terran wardens from france, spain, basquia. So the names should have a spanish, french or creolic ring to them.

He is not the last apostles cuz guaire amalasan ( the guy who killed gwal in canonverse is still there although in broverse he is tamed because of wrong tactical decissions he made wjich awakened the pariahgene amd left him nroken until they were reunited with their primarch.

If he is an apostle in c- termi- armor, then he used a greatsword, the weapon of choice of the apostles. Of course it could be a big cleaver to fit the butcher theme. The swords are twohanded and i am not sure about stormshields. Nust very big awords^^ and rushing with c-termiarmor is not really the case. Slow and purposeful. That is the reason Gwal disbanded most of them because they were to slow. Finish a conflict quick. Reduce the suffering

I like that you describe the drawing to the charismatic.primarch.

You could emphasize more on it and let longinus struggle with himself. With his views colliding with the views of his primarch and only in the face of death he makes freedom. U could awaken his pariah gene when they crash on the surface because of rule of cool and because it is a near death situation which puts a lot of stress on him.

Ahh and please refer to Gwal as avatar of light. I know there are a lot of names to him, but those are given to him from the caerbannog people.

By the way, currently i am working on rewriting the origin a bit, ao it could be, that you have to change something later.

But I will take him to the canonverse as well and let him be one of the wardens killing gwalchavad^^ so i like your take.

• 2 months later...

Guys,

What do you think of the following:

A boardwide painting contest?

BotL vs canon

Every participant can choose to make either a canon or BotL mini. If the winner is a BotL mini, it will be implemented as a character of chosen Legion (in its fluff) and canon minis will become Nightguard / blackshield characters.

Can occurre in Decembre or it could start with January 2017.

Pro for us:

Advertisement

More of the board get to know us

Hopefully cool minis of our legion

Reward for participants: a unique version of our BotL banner

Might be worth trying. :)

Absolutely. :)

We can also use the summaries of our legions we wrote for our insurrection add to catch their attendance.

What do the others think?

Believe that some of the mods might help us because of their experience like Olis, Dosjetka and some others. :)

Ok,

as it seems, no one got objections.

I would suggest the following:

Drak: can you create a participant and a "winner" banner for those, who completed the challenge?

Sigi/ Blunt / Meros: Can one of you write something like an introduction for a canon vs BotL contest? Maybe a scenario like our "Just because" thread?

AO / Mikhal: Any thoughts about rules or restrictions in terms of modeling?

Kelborn: Can you contact some of those guys who had started such a competition in the past? Namely Dosjetka, Lord Thorn, Olis, Brother Arklay

I would recommend that we start with 2017. Until then, we got time to organize, prepare and arrange the competition.

Reward for the completion of a miniature:

- special banner (which will automatically be an add for us ;P)

- character will somehow be included in our fluff, be it a named red box character, a meet of the Nightguard or a named depiction of legionnaires

If everyone is fine with that, I would contact the MODs in the evening / tomorrow morning.

:)

To make that clear: they can chose between canin and broverse and if the winner is for example an imperial fist, the mini becomes a blackshield and is as imperial fist a company if maybe the Fire Keepers?

And I think the only restriction should be heresy armor up to mk6

Correct.

If you would participate with a, for example, White Scar mini and you "win"by completing it in the set time frame, your character would be implemented in, let's say, the Terran born branch of the Predators or as a named marine pic or whatever. That would be up to the legions master.

If you complete a BotL mini and thus you would "win", your character would somehow be named in our fluff, be it a small side note or as a depiction of the Legion (you know, the marine pics)

Sounds plausible to use only up to Mark VI.

Blunt, no worries. Hope, everything's fine in your area.

Archived