• 2 months later...

Evening all,

First off, I know I haven't updated this log in over two months and for that I can only apologise. Things have been erm... busy, to say the least. I have still been plodding away with additional Custodian commissions and have recently finished a Caladius Grav-Tank:

img_3806.jpg?w=700&h=

I'm very happy with how this came out and the best bit is I have the opportunity to paint another one for someone else so I will get pictures of that uploaded when it reaches completion. Here is the other side:

img_3807.jpg?w=700&h=

I had also (a while ago now) painted some World Eaters as a test for a future project and really enjoyed it. I wen't with black armour because I want to have a lot of daemons as part of the army and wanted to add some contrast as apposed to red marines and red bloodletters etc. I have another eleven of these guys in various states of assembly, green stuffing and painting so will add more pictures of those as I get around to finishing them:

img_3822.jpg?w=1000&h=

Here are some individual shots of each marine:

med_gallery_74887_13423_163060.jpg med_gallery_74887_13423_711033.jpg

med_gallery_74887_13423_113503.jpg med_gallery_74887_13423_489414.jpg

med_gallery_74887_13423_461398.jpg

I haven't thought of a name for this World Eaters war-band yet but I'm sure something will come up. As always I am keen to hear what you all think and thanks for looking :).

Nemac

Nice zerkers, i like the poses! They look awesome in black.

Thanks Elduderino :). Black is quick to paint and as I am extremely lacking in time lately it seemed to be the best option.

Brilliant 'zerkers! As for a possible warband name, how about "The Black Maw" or "The Obsidian Maw"?

Thanks KS :), I really like both those names, the "Maw" part especially. It is a word I hadn't considered :tu:

Brilliant 'zerkers! As for a possible warband name, how about "The Black Maw" or "The Obsidian Maw"?

Black is too mundane and obsidian too shiny IMHO. How about "The Sable Maw"?

I like that too, maybe I should do a poll?

Excellent works.

Thanks Bjorn :)

Black is too mundane and obsidian too shiny IMHO. How about "The Sable Maw"?

Ebon Maw

So many good options with KS' suggestion :)

I think the Black Maw is also a Word Bearers chapter

I couldn't find anything on the Black Maw except a Marvel villain I have never heard of :D

Those zerkers look :censored: ing cool, really good job. Your PLOG is one of my favourite to look through on the forum.

Thanks Captain Smashy Pants :), That's very kind of you to say!

I am currently building a couple of Maulerfiends and fixing a Kytan at the moment so I will get pictures uploaded as soon as they are assembled. Thanks for all the comments and name suggestions.

Nemac 

Thanks Pearson :)

I'm hoping to finish a few more bits for those Custodes over the next few days. I have three bikes and three terminators to do. The bikes are very close so I will try and get some WIP pictures added later today. regarding the World Eaters, I have added an additional three 'zerkers to the unit because eight and got the opportunity to try them out in a few games. They are fairly squishy, but they don't half pack a punch. 

Nemac

Thanks Bio :), Yea they do tend to churn through the enemy lines quite quickly. The problem is converting enough to make sure they still have a presense on the battlefield towards the end of the game. I think people see a Rhino filled with 'zerkers and they instantly try and blow it up. If you have my luck this is also not great as recently I had five in a Rhino with a Dark Apostle and Exalted Champion and when my opponent popped the Rhino I then rolled four one's without the option of a re-roll :(.

Lesson learned, pop smoke :D

Nemac

Always pop smoke! :D I tend to keep my Champ and Apostle in 2 seperate squads but run them fairly close so the still benefit from each other’s buffs. It’s tricky to pull off but it saves the ‘eggs in one basket’ drama :tu:

Morning all,

Entirely off topic for this thread as I don't collect Ultramarines but I have finally finished my brother's Roboute Guilliman:

med_gallery_74887_13813_514188.jpg med_gallery_74887_13813_987415.jpg

I also managed to pick up a copy of the Conquest subscription issue five from my local shop and had a crack at the new Lieutenant Calsius model:

med_gallery_74887_13813_8399.jpg

Both RG and Calsius have magnetised heads though I forgot to include the bare head in the picture for RG. I really enjoyed painting both these models but am looking forward to getting back to some of my own stuff at some point soon.

C&C always welcome,

Nemac

Beautiful grav tank, Bob, and lieutenant, Nemac - but the prize goes to the Berzerkers! I love those and am slapping myself every time I see those guys with MkIII legs, for not having the same with mine, two years ago. Oh well! :D 

I vote for Krauty's 'Obsidian Maw'!

Excellent works. The Primarch looks surprisingly regal with silver highlights on his armor, as opposed to gold. Was that at your brother's request?

Thanks Bjorn :), the only request my brother had was to use the colours on the box art but I almost always highlight gold with silver.

Excellently done, very clean work.

Thanks Pearson :)

Beautiful grav tank, Bob, and lieutenant, Nemac - but the prize goes to the Berzerkers! I love those and am slapping myself every time I see those guys with MkIII legs, for not having the same with mine, two years ago. Oh well! :biggrin.:

I vote for Krauty's 'Obsidian Maw'!

Thanks Augustus :), aye the legs do work very well. I had tried to do this with the legs from the Raptor kit but didn't have any luck with that. the scale is quite different due to the bulk of the Bloodbound and the Raptor legs being a fair bit thinner. I liked that name too :tu:

Black 'Zerkers rule.

Ha, Thanks Heinrich, yea they do :D

Amazing Job, everything is just so outstanding! Loving the Zerkers and Guilliman looks amazing, even though it hurts to talk positvely about that babyblue bastard.

Thanks Kor Dalron :), Haha, yea he's not my favourite Primarch but am pleased with the result.

I have another five 'Zerkers all modelled and primed so I hope to have them finished soon, Still plugging away on the Kytan but not really a significant amount done to warrant a picture. I should have one next week.

Thanks for the comments folks!

Nemac

• 1 month later...

But of a bump here, but I've got to say:

I had also (a while ago now) painted some World Eaters as a test for a future project and really enjoyed it. I wen't with black armour because I want to have a lot of daemons as part of the army and wanted to add some contrast as apposed to red marines and red bloodletters etc. I have another eleven of these guys in various states of assembly, green stuffing and painting so will add more pictures of those as I get around to finishing them:

img_3822.jpg?w=1000&h=

Here are some individual shots of each marine:

med_gallery_74887_13423_163060.jpg med_gallery_74887_13423_711033.jpg

med_gallery_74887_13423_113503.jpg med_gallery_74887_13423_489414.jpg

med_gallery_74887_13423_461398.jpg

I haven't thought of a name for this World Eaters war-band yet but I'm sure something will come up. As always I am keen to hear what you all think and thanks for looking :smile.:.

Nemac

These guys are AWESOME, but I want to know: How'd you get the Marine arms onto the Blood Warriors torsos? Whenever I tried that, mine looked a bit odd. Also the posing is ace, and I notice some are Mark III at the knees down, but others are from the thigh down. Any reasons for that?

Archived