Oh man I had just missed this yesterday. Fantastic job on those custodes, really rich colors! Tyberos is looking good too, the shoulder pads are working well! I think he might look nice with a skin cape. Can't wait to see what you do with the leviathan!

I’m looking forward to seeing more progress on the champ. I also just saw that he is actually ascending stairs! That’s an awesome base.

What will you be arming the leviathan with?

Thanks hushrong :), the base was an accident. I had made it to face the other way for a different model but tried him on it and it worked out better then expected :D. The Leviathan will be armed with a siege drill and a siege claw for now because that is what it came with but I will probably magnetise the arms so I can switch to a ranged load out at times.

Oh man I had just missed this yesterday. Fantastic job on those custodes, really rich colors! Tyberos is looking good too, the shoulder pads are working well! I think he might look nice with a skin cape. Can't wait to see what you do with the leviathan!

Thanks Vairo :). I will look at adding a skin cape to him because that is a great idea. I have a fair bit more clean up to do on the leviathan and I am moving onto painting nine of the Vertus Praetors and a few Forge World Custodes so unfortunately he may take longer then I had hoped. I have today to work on my own stuff so I may see how far I can get :tu:

Nemac

In my hobby store, we have a saying. If the weapon firing will guaranteed leave the victim completely atomized, pulverized, then we say "That guardsman is nothing but smoking boots after that lascannon shot". 

That leviathan you've got there is nothing but smoking boots, Nemac. Wonder what hit him so hard, a Warlord Titan? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all,

Updates on this thread seem to be becoming few and far between but I have vowed a Daemon Prince for this years ETL so that may help with that. Here he is at the moment before any painting has started:

gallery_74887_13568_102641.png

He is armed with two sets of Malefic Talons and Wings and is a Khorne Daemon Prince (because red fits in nicely against my Night Lords. I will likely paint all his armour to match my Night Lords too and I have a game coming up so I would like to have him finished for that so I can try him out.

As always C&C is very much welcome.

Nemac

Nice looking Daemon Prince. Where's that right hand come from? It looks near identical to the left one.

Thanks Gederas :). The hand is from the old fantasy chaos mutations sprue I believe but not sure if they still sell it.

Looks great so far. Can I get a close up of the head and/or information where it is from?

Thanks Quixus :). The head is from the Herald of Khorne on the Blood Throne.

Nemac

The Daemon Prince is looking fierce, the head switch gives it a unqiue and fresh look and it looks like you've put some decent work into the base. Will you do the skin in classical Khorne red still to go with the Night Lords armour scheme or going for something else?

That looks mighty! I have to agree that the head swap just makes the plastic daemon prince better by leaps and bounds.

What bit did you use or how did you model the right hand?

The head is from the Herald of Khorne on the Blood Throne.

:eek: Is this head much bigger than the regular bloodletter heads? I would have thought they would be much too small.

Thanks for the comments folks :). I have had a fairly productive day so far and this is how far I have come with the Daemon Prince:

gallery_74887_13568_315969.png

Still a fair way to go and I haven't even touched the wings yet.

Any chance of a close up of the base?

As requested :)

gallery_74887_13568_707234.png

The Daemon Prince is looking fierce, the head switch gives it a unqiue and fresh look and it looks like you've put some decent work into the base. Will you do the skin in classical Khorne red still to go with the Night Lords armour scheme or going for something else?

Thanks Torbenos :), I have left the skin red because I will use Khorne Daemons with Daemonic Ritual and this guy will be the stepping stone between the two very different elements of my army.

I have never liked the Daemon Prince model but that head swap makes an enormous difference. Great stuff!

Thanks Corswain :), The standard heads are all a bit naff I agree.

That looks mighty! I have to agree that the head swap just makes the plastic daemon prince better by leaps and bounds.

What bit did you use or how did you model the right hand?

Thanks hushrong :), the right hand is from the old chaos mutations sprue though I do not know if it's still available.

The head is from the Herald of Khorne on the Blood Throne.

:eek: Is this head much bigger than the regular bloodletter heads? I would have thought they would be much too small.

It is quite a bit bigger or at least big enough not to look odd on the DP's body :).

Nemac

Good to see an update here again, mate! I knew we were in for a treat when I saw that DP conversion -- he's coming along really well so far! Excellent work on the base, too! :smile.:

Thanks KS :), I think I may be able to get him finished this weekend provided all goes to plan. 

That picture of the Custodes is pretty pretty, mate.

Good work  on the DP too - is he going to get wings or no?

Thanks Augustus :), he will be having wings, partly because they look cool but also because they are worth an extra 20+ points for ETL :tu:

Great to see some new updates! The Daemon prince is looking amazing so far, love the armor. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks Vairo :), It shouldn't be long now until I have him done.

The Daemon Prince looks absolutely cracking, the headswap has done a lot of work for the model and the glowing runes are coming on well.

Thanks Pearson :), The head is to keep everything tied in, same as with the armour matching my Night Lords. He should work to keep the army looking consistent.

In other news I have two arms to finish and I should also have a Leviathan Dreadnought ready to show. Unfortunately I started this before ETL was announced so no points there.

More to come soon.

Nemac

Afternoon all,

I have finished the Daemon Prince and with it my first vow for ETL :D

gallery_74887_13568_230869.png

gallery_74887_13568_119318.png

gallery_74887_13568_163327.png

gallery_74887_13568_404397.png

I am not overly happy with the glowing orange runes on his shoulders and vambraces but I may go back and sort those out later. As for now he is fully painted and so complete for the purposes of the ETL :tu:. C&C is always welcome and thanks for looking.

Nemac

Archived