+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

Shadow Captain Aremis Koryn finished. Attempted to use a 005 marker pen to write down names all over his armour like it's described in the Sons of Corax book. I think he turned out pretty decent. The Corvia turned out a little bigger than I wanted it, but just decided to agree that it's the skull of a baby Roc :thumbsup:

Hidden Content
35716402321_d970f0b94f_c.jpg

Hidden Content
35038563493_bbf6526e20_c.jpg

Hidden Content
35038563633_5a294843ea_c.jpg
Edited by Bedouin2

Woops...

med_gallery_45765_13452_8331.png

Gratz! I have ordered the Transfer Sheet myself last week, hehe. But I always wondered what to do with this etched brass thingies …

With the brass etch you can do a variety of things with them....they are very malleable and wont go back into their originally form once you try to bend them

*snip*

Ouh, ahh … very intersting! I always thought it would be something like that, but now that I see it … that opens a whooole lot of opportunities! Thanks for the very enlightening Insight!

I need that model so I can shamelessly cannibalize it for Shrike parts. Claws and jump pack are perfect.

I got three of them on Ebay for less than 10 € each. Edryc Setorax is his Name. Good Hunt! :happy.:

Nice Bedouin! How did you smooth out his left tilt plate?

I got one for $5 at a swap meet the other day ^_^ and I'm wondering how to de-Edryc him. The feathers off his waist are very fragile and will need some attention ...

Grate to Nusquam!

@Race... I used an electric dog nail file :biggrin.: Most of my dogs nails are black so I can't see how far I can trim them with regular clippers, so I got that file to help, and I just sorta got the idea to use it to file down models lol. It gets most of the work done, but I had to go in with a regular file to make it pretty. The feathers broke off on me somehow, that's why I replaced it with a Corvia.

Gravis captain is done. Now just 5 bolter primaris to go for the current vow...

*snip*

People have said it again and again, but I just can't help myself to say it again, too: Man, your colour blending is breathtaking!

Nese, have you described the technique you use for this blending effect somewhere in your thread?

(I’d rather not have to read it all, even if the pics look good.)

Finally, finally I'm in a position to actually make a vow...

I, NiceGuyAdi, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete 5 Sniper Scouts by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

62Sqd_4_assembled.jpg?raw=1

It's only taken me a month to get this far.
Edited by NiceGuyAdi

Finally, finally I'm in a position to actually make a vow...

I, NiceGuyAdi, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete 5 Sniper Scouts by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

62Sqd_4_assembled.jpg?raw=1

It's only taken me a month to get this far.

A month well spent.

How did you make the cloaks?

What about the rifles?

As for my part, I had a productive day at the cost of paint and glue on my fingers, yet the result is turning out to be a mixed bag.  On the one hand I need more Tactical Marines and have a decent build/paint plan to et them done efficiently.  On the other, I'm less settled on the actual weapons I am committing models to AND some of the bits are not responding well.  Pics will reveal what I mean, but I'll put words down now.  Excuse me as I get my whine on ...

I bought a set of Tigurus and Phobos pattern bolters from FW before they added the right hand, so this would be before the current iteration of Tactical Marines.  I want to use the supply I have which required the older style arms and these bits not only look small but are not fitting as well as either the older style bolters for the arms or the current style.  Interestingly, the "too small" discussion was also my experience with the MkII Land Raider conversion parts.

I mean, the models are not bad, per se ... but as I'm putting on decals today I just  .... I dunno ...

@ Shrieker: I followed Brother Chaplain Kage's excellent write-up for the cloaks. The whole thread's good info, but make sure you read this post as well, when he tweaked the method a bit. There's also a back view of them in the spoilers of this post in my blog.

@Race: the sniper rifles are modified Lasguns, in the spoilers in this post on my blog. The main delay on getting them done was due to my failed experiments in casting with Blue Stuff/Green Stuff and subsequently having to learn to cast with rubber/resin.

Incubi darkness, nightshade wash, and i forget the blue. I want to say teclis. Ill double check at home

Hmm, I hadn't thought to try Incubi darkness as a base since it seems to have green in it. Thanks for the info. I'll put it into my testing palettes.