+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

Incubi darkness, nightshade wash, and i forget the blue. I want to say teclis. Ill double check at home

Hmm, I hadn't thought to try Incubi darkness as a base since it seems to have green in it. Thanks for the info. I'll put it into my testing palettes.

I used the shade as more of a glaze and covered everything

I have almost finished my initial Vow, and, stupidly, forgot to take "Before" pictures of my Primaris testers that I started knocking up earlier in the week, I was going to vow them too...  D'oh...

Anyways, I'm hoping to have "finished" the Raven Guard aspect by the end of the week end.  Just going to TT quality currently, as there are some aspects I am unsure as to how I want to get them to look.  Pics will be up when they are ready.

I, Race Bannon, for the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete one Dreadnought by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_88274.jpg

Not all the parts are showing because ... I can't find them right now and have limited time to get these posts done.

Also, the grey arm is going to be stripped. It is metal and used to be on my first dreadnought I ever owned. The chainfist, back then, did not exist for Dreadnoughts. The bit came from an old Adeptus Titanicus kit. Due to the extreme rarity of those parts, I'm *going* to use the bit as a CCW.

I'm doing another Elite choice because knocking out the Assassin previously, as an ally, was VERY fast for me. Too fast, frankly. So, here we go with a true Raven Guard addition to my list :thumbsup:

Edited by Race Bannon
Words, I know words.

Hey all! Checking in with a progress update. This is going to be a much less elaborate paint job than I originally planned. I'm only getting a couple hours a week to focus on painting. I can always improve the highlighting when I get home in the fall.

IMG 4619

IMG 4620

IMG 4626

IMG 4628

IMG 4629

IMG 4648

IMG 4649

IMG 4650

My painting setup for the time being.

Vow Completed!
Hellhammer LOW done! :biggrin.:
Now to re-assess my hobby status and see whats next!

gallery_87434_11578_1000216.jpg
More:

gallery_87434_11578_1201630.jpg
gallery_87434_11578_1019269.jpg

Original Post:

I, Duz_, for the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete one Hellhamer by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

gallery_87434_11578_433818.jpg
gallery_87434_11578_458225.jpg

(PS. This is an old photo, but its been sitting in the storeroom in this state for this very event!) :biggrin.:

Oh I also have an Interceptor laying around that needs to be painted too...

Edited by duz_

Vow Completed!

Hellhammer LOW done! :biggrin.:

Now to re-assess my hobby status and see whats next!

gallery_87434_11578_1000216.jpg

More:

gallery_87434_11578_1201630.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_1019269.jpg

Original Post:

I, Duz_, for the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete one Hellhamer by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

gallery_87434_11578_433818.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_458225.jpg

(PS. This is an old photo, but its been sitting in the storeroom in this state for this very event!) :biggrin.:

Oh I also have an Interceptor laying around that needs to be painted too...

awesome

Vow Completed!

1500390904900_880732247.jpg
1500390832622_1377140734.jpg

I, Damo1701, of the Fists of Corax Chapter, vow to complete a five-man Intercessor Squad by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017 (From last week)

1500390969112_1119576505.jpg

2nd Vow Completed...

I, Damo1701, of the Fists of Corax Chapter, vow to complete a three-man Inceptor Squad by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017
I, Damo1701, of the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete a Land Raider Armoured Proteus by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017

1500391074186_393749860.jpg

I only vowed these differently because they are for different chapters.  Between taking the photo about 20 minutes ago, and posting now, I airbrushed the Inceptors with their base-coat, and am thinking heavily about what to do for the Land Raider.  If they count as a single vow, I understand and hope it doesn't cause issues.

So, I ran out of black :teehee:

Dread got the love from other colors though.  Today is the day to go shopping.  If I can I *might* have him done by end of next week.

:thumbsup:

Magnetizing Dreadnought arms is not fun.

I'm almost replacing my 2nd black pot of paint in a year... same with Grey.

magnetising a Dread arm? Which one? The standard plastic kits are almost designed to be "snap fit" without magnets!

Glad you asked!

This is for the standard Dreadnought body.  Yet I have plastic, resin and metal arms.  For this vow it was a metal CCW arm and a resin Plasma Cannon.  Yet I also tinkered with other arms on both sides.  For me, I not only have to place magnets, but a pin in the arm/hole in body in order to keep it elevated.  Lining up the pin for each arm is a lot of work.  At least for me.

The goal is to hve one body with every combination available.  My Venerable Dread is also magnetized .. but that's another discussion :P

Seeing all the progress people are making is making me feel bad for neglecting my hobby table for the past few weeks.... but they put you through the ringer these days to get a new job. But yesterday it has all paid off for I got the position I've been working for. How I celebrated... bought a few new brushes, gave the old ones a good clean (they desperately needed it) and started to prioritize what I needed (other than wanted) from Forgeworld so I can finally make a good purchase with them... Out in the distance I can dust trails coming from some armour... is it a Sicaran battle tank or a Land Raider Prometheus... hmmmm  :huh.: