[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Hi all: I doubt I will be able to update tonight and Saturday is dubious (unless the wife is asleep...) so updates will be on Sunday.

Mazer: Two thoughts - firstly, I assume Akkad's strength is without the armour? So he would actually be rolling against 70 and have a SB of 12? Secondly, it appears that after declaring the grapple you should've selected one of the options. I assume the unarmed damage one? If so, the Grox rolls a 62, passing with no degress of success. It has TB10 and 4 natural armour.

Not a Strength test GM - I have to roll against WS for the attack, not the grapple Core: p246 - this is where the book gives the damn rules backwards - which can be a standard attack or at the end of a charge, but I have to grab the bull by the horns first, the bull has a chance to dodge, then if I grab it, we're in the Grapple and next actions follow the subset on Core: p240.

I will update to choice of attack, unarmed damage, although I do have my knife out, just in case.

TB 10!?  That's a damn big Grox!  Imagine the fertiliser produced!

@ Nine, sorry brother, but I have my hands full!

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

It was more than a passing thought to me too Steel! :) I also actually had the idea of making burger meat with a purloined grenade launcher, but something about wrestling a bull and the way Mol set it up...Akkad being a 40k babylonian - how could I not re-enact the great battle of Gilgamesh and Enkidu at Uruk (and Darmok and Jila'ad at Tenehgra.. :) ) 

MR.

Going to need some assistance! *Cough* Sabaan *Cough*

No pressure there. Well, actually quite a lot of water pressure.... Let's see what we can do here.

Good thing Sabaan's response time is not that of your average tech support :p

Great stuff on Akkad vs the Bull there, Mazer!

It is indeed only the logical choice going forward on your Babylonian Badab origins :)

Let's see how this turns out for him...

Apologies for being absent for a little while there, gents. Had to get some things in life in order, but I finally managed to put up my completed dossier for Guillermo. Sorry that it's in a new post. I had that tab open for the past week sitting on my computer and didn't realize it was a new post and not just updating the one I had already made before. Hope it works for you guys. :sweat:

Mazer:

In my head the Alpha Grox is a little bit too big for you to flip it over your head - I am 100% down for you dominating the creature and even using it to assault the enemy lines - but a slight re-write would be massively appreciated. 

At the end of the day, the Broodlord is the priority.

Deathwatch Killteams are just that.  We're a fire-and-forget missile (Varvost especially) The lives of the team are balanced against the needs of mission completion.

It's go big or go home and this Grox isn't going to stop Akkad - he'll be on his way ASAP.  The Maelstrom Warders do not abandon their brothers.

My money is on Magus Inquisitor....:ph34r.: when Ryken sees her, he's gonna "pop."

MR.

The first step will be any of the players choosing (or not) to spend a Fate Point to count as having rolled a 10 for initiative. This would lead to the Kill-Team being between 13 and 16. I would like to resolve any first actions (because the Deathwatch will likely have a surprise round) Tuesday night. Of course, should the Astartes choose to attempt stealth, who knows what could happen...

Hi A.T. - as a point of order, the doors in front of you are wooden / obscuring - so are you intending to shoot through the doors, using your scope? And to clarify, you are aiming straight at the Broodlord?

Yep, unless there are other creatures between the broodlord and Atratus - better to surprise it before it starts dodging around with it's likely very high AG score.

Though the door will knock 4-8 points of damage off so this is more to throw them into a little disarray while the rest barge in than a killshot, particularly as it's a silent needle rifle.

Now that is a lot of red dots.....

Do we have any indication about other exits to the area yet ? We should figure out how to block the brood lord's escape route along the way....

Would the room be large enough for our Assault brethren to use their jump packs ?

Also... Sabaan hasn't used any grenades from the starting gear yet .... so if anyone is short..I'd distribute those. Collusion of freaks to soften the blobs left and right....

But once we charge in, I guess we will all attempt to get a few rounds of at the broodlord I guess... soften the thing up early?

Stratus snipering through the door has probably denied us any chance of sneaking up in them anyway, I figure...