Today in Titanicus I...

I stripped all my House Terryn Knights... I was never happy with the gold (Libby+Reikland) I knew I was not happy when I did the first 3, so I am in the process of redoing them all.

Sadly I may be joining you as I'm not happy with my dark blue/yellow/red contrast scheme at all.

67F495B7 D461 4C13 9279 3176352A6FBD

Edit: old pic, there's actually three more Questoris for the banner in the back right and the Acastus.
Edited by Fajita Fan

I stripped all my House Terryn Knights... I was never happy with the gold (Libby+Reikland) I knew I was not happy when I did the first 3, so I am in the process of redoing them all.

Sadly I may be joining you as I'm not happy with my dark blue/yellow/red contrast scheme at all.

Edit: old pic, there's actually three more Questoris for the banner in the back right and the Acastus.

I feel that pain..

@Fajita Fan the worse thing was I knew after the first 3 knights... I knew and still continued...

Well my first three were done in House Mortan and I didn't care for them, I still need to strip them anyway.  

E20C2246 AFE5 4B93 B825 C270D336DBBE

I'm giving thought to a couple of ideas if I repaint them:

House Templaris - Meant to look like the Knights Templar just sprayed silver, maybe the contrast white in the panels, red crosses, white ribbons. They'd be worshiping a forgotten god in secret while searching the stars for records of him.

1288761 knightfall 273801

House Cyberblade (or something) - Remember the 80s neon style that's made a comeback?  Mostly black or dark blue with very bright multicolored line highlights, this would take some skill.  

18355fdd96cf7fa6a36efacc4f93d8f9

House Voltron - When I first bought AT I had totally given thought to doing a whole legio like this but chickened out.  I'm not sure knights have big enough armor panels on the arms to make this theme worth it and the carapace is the largest part.  Dunno.

voltron

House Ronin - Why pick one scheme when I can just do a ton of different ones?  It'd be interesting to use the household rules to represent a loose confederation of freeblades from ancient houses banded together, this would mean every model would be a different scheme and probably fit the use of contrasts pretty well.  It's essentially what I'm doing with my Battletech minis since I don't know the fluff in that universe.

imgrc0073685594

I have no idea what to do with them, I'd rather not waste time finishing a scheme I don't like but you never know how stripping will go.  

Guys, you are crazy :biggrin.:

Now, stripping reminds me of something … I have some BFG models in a jar of dettol … must now be over 6 months … almost forgot about them

House Templaris sounds good, I also like the idea of ronins, just don't forget to add sashimonos and if possible helmets if you go for that one (or be even crazier and go for two households)

Hit a few knights with alcohol, I'll need some more tomorrow.  If I'm lucky I might be able to take all of my contrast paint off with just diluted alcohol on a q-tip without stripping too much of the primer layer under it.  Now this is an opportunity to go back and magnetize everything if I do strip them all.  

I'll be replacing the stormtrooper powerfists I converted...crap that was over a year ago...with the actual powerfists and probably setting up some missile pods I don't seem to have points for.  Has anyone found stormspears worth it?  At 15 points I think they're about 10 points too many.  

Edited by Fajita Fan

Got another Reaver as assembled as I'm going to before I paint them.  Well, sans magnetizing too, but that's a bit easier a project a bit at a time too.  Also got Limbo titan fixed up too.  Lucked out and its leg didn't glue on well so it snapped off!  Reglued forward more, and some cork board under the other one, and looks great now!

TIAT me and my wife played a hard fought draw that basically had a chain of explosions in the centre of the board wipe out most things and left two untouched Warlords having a long ranged slapfight on the final turn in an attempt to get the other one to Structurally Compromised.

Dragonlover

Yesterday i built my Warbringer. Still have to magnetize it.

And today i build the Manufactorum Imperialis set. It´s awesome. It adds so much flair to the gaming table and the cranes are large enought to hide a Reaver. I´ll definitely a second set. 5 thumbs up.

Edited by Dark Bjoern

Well that’s four volcano Warlords with no plasmas and two more (free) rulebooks. Not good for any of us at this point.

Last night I started my psycannon so I get to see if the claws cured in the right spot tonight since I forgot to look before leaving for work.

On a pure price comparison basis, £145 is a nice deal. The volcano warlord is now GW direct only so typically not discounted by third parties, or at a maximum 10% discount. Without discount it goes for £65. There are 2 of them in the GM. And don't forget there is also the equivalent of 2 boxes of the civitas imperialis terrain and dices, tokens and other accessories. Also, the rulebook in the GM is the first version, the one in the new starter box includes the first round of errata if not mistaken.

If you go for the GM, I think it is best to add the price of one sprue of plasma annihilators + arioch claw (£26) and also one sprue of knights weapons upgrades (£10). That increases the cost but allows for more versatility. If the GM had one of each weapon sprues for the warlord, I would say that at £145 it is close to a no brainer. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

If you go for the GM, I think it is best to add the price of one sprue of plasma annihilators + arioch claw (£26) and also one sprue of knights weapons upgrades (£10). That increases the cost but allows for more versatility. If the GM had one of each weapon sprues for the warlord, I would say that at £145 it is close to a no brainer. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Yep, although if the GME had plasmas instead of volcanoes I'd actually be torn as Apoc missile launchers are easy to scratchbuild.  

The good thing about the GME sprues is that you get two sets of missile launchers for the roof. These are generally the best roof guns and can’t be got elsewhere. And the bellicosa warlord is now direct only, so resellers can’t give you much of a discount.

Best way to get warlords nowadays is probably the GME, plus a plasma warlord, plus something like a macro Gatling, quake cannon and a set of carapace Gatling blasters. You’ll then have three warlords and a great selection of guns for them.

Another good option is to get the psi-Titan. That comes with the plasma sprue, though you’ll probably want to save one of the sunfurys for the psi-Titan itself, and maybe the fist as well. Either way, sunfuries aren’t that hard to get hold of.

I laugh when I see stuff on IG then realize it’s one of you guys afterwards. Some of you have different handles so I don’t know who’s who.

I started mocking up my ciricrux anima on the psi-titan but got home from work too late to make any real progress. Only real progress today is dunking more knights in alcohol to start over...

Today in AT I realized I'd accidentally put the power cable relays onto my Warbringer backwards (and glued them quite solidly)!

Time to modify them so the cables are retracted... >_>