Today in Titanicus I...

Cool find, this is new info to me.

So this very likely means 2 sprues per box, each sprue enabling building one of each type of knights. I then expect a maximum price of £40 for the box. Would love to see the actual sprue, hopefully they will feature in one of the previews scheduled on March 28 or April 4 https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/16/warhammer-events-cancelledfw-homepage-post-1gw-homepage-post-1/

I wonder if the sprue has one of each knight on it. That would explain how they’d get all the bits on there and could be why they need to sell them as a box of four. A box of two different knights couldn’t form a banner in a lance, but this box is two of them.

I wanted two of each so that’s ok. Glad I don’t want three!

That's weird, I'd rather have 4 lancers at a time than 4 Archerons or Castigators.  :huh.:  I buy all of this stuff eventually so I might eventually get them but given their points I can't see using that many, makes me wonder if this will be a better value than buying two boxes of two.

Hmmm im more worried ill get lumbered with useless Castigators...

Castigators have a use. They're for leading lances of wardens and helping the unit go on coordinated strike orders. They make for good shield-strippers to open up targets for Acastus to shoot, and are still a major threat in melee. Losing a point of strength hurts but it's not a total deal-breaker.

I don't know if this will actually be a viable strategy. But I think I can see more of a case for this than for Acherons. I plan to try both out.

Speaking of Fureans, I have finally settled on a Legio. In part because Fureans look cool, they seem like they'd run well with the sort of aggressive play I want, and their naming conventions borrowing from (among others) Hindu myth, opens up some interesting ideas.

Say it with me now.

KALI MA SHAKTI DE

Hey, I wasn’t aware that was where the names for Fureans came from! Any idea where I can find an online resource that I could plunder for similar names? I’m really struggling to come up with names that fit with Iben Faruk!

I'm very taken with the Arvus Lighter that's coming in resin for AI. I've got one in 40k scale and for some reason it's one of my favourite models. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/17/flight-plan-imperial-transports-air-caste-bombers-and-moregw-homepage-post-2fw-homepage-post-4/

Agreed! It could make great basing, or be a distinctive objective marker.

I don´t know if this is a new info to you but the new Knight box for the Archeron/Castigator contains 4! Knights

[snip]

I think we can be reasonably sure that it'll be 1 Acheron and 1 Castigator a frame, but I'll be kind of annoyed if it's a full Acheron frame and a full Castigator frame. That's a knee-jerk fear there, folks; not entirely reasonable.

Castigators have a use. They're for leading lances of wardens and helping the unit go on coordinated strike orders. They make for good shield-strippers to open up targets for Acastus to shoot, and are still a major threat in melee. Losing a point of strength hurts but it's not a total deal-breaker.

I don't know if this will actually be a viable strategy. But I think I can see more of a case for this than for Acherons. I plan to try both out.

Yeah, but that's all House list stuff, to be fair. Most players are running Titans and will want to try 2-3 Acherons with their maniple(s). Then they'll go back to Lancers :tongue.: The Castigators have no appeal for Titan reinforcement, though. I expect we'll see a reasonable amount of Castigators as basing material.

Speaking of Fureans, I have finally settled on a Legio. In part because Fureans look cool, they seem like they'd run well with the sort of aggressive play I want, and their naming conventions borrowing from (among others) Hindu myth, opens up some interesting ideas.

Say it with me now.

KALI MA SHAKTI DE

Hey, I wasn’t aware that was where the names for Fureans came from! Any idea where I can find an online resource that I could plunder for similar names? I’m really struggling to come up with names that fit with Iben Faruk!

You're probably safe raiding online sanskrit/hindu translators and dictionaries for whatever translates awkwardly but sounds cool. Relevant mythology is a great source to start with, even if it's just a wiki page!

Edited by LetsYouDown

My problem with that is always Order reliance, without Coordinated strike the unit is nigh on useless or at least down an arm, and i could be coordinated striking battlecannons anyway :D Tbh with the Acastus nerfed through the floor i think pure knights are best served just ignoring shields and going for melee kills/cripplings most of the time but i havent put that to the test yet, sometime soon if we dont all die of plague tho :D 

KALI MA SHAKTI DE

Best Legio :) They were originally all Hindi names but Titandeath added some Arabic influences too for some reason. tbh what i do is use a Hindi baby girls name list and combine names together to make "titles" for the Titan, which get bigger for the more important Titans :)  So Gunjana (Buzzing Bee) is a Waround whilst Yuvarani Agnikaa  (Young Queen born of Fire) is my Warlord. Hope that helps!

It might be true that knights should just charge now, I agree. If so, they should just field lancers basically. Doesn’t sound like a lot of fun though.

I’ll maintain that Gatling guns on knights are an ok choice. I’ve often seen titans killed by them after a banner charges. The combination of a huge number of shots with very high accuracy for targeting can often be lethal, especially if a location is already damaged.

Two issues though for the castigator. First, i think three wardens would usually be better, and they cost less. And secondly, battlecannons are pretty decent.

Overall I tend to agree that Castigators don’t make much sense for a titan army. And it’s not that obvious that they’re better than wardens in a household list either. They’re also totally useless against other knights, which is where Acherons potentially do work.

Say it with me now.

KALI MA SHAKTI DE

I'm planning on nicking names from rakshasas and devas/divs.

It might be true that knights should just charge now, I agree. If so, they should just field lancers basically. Doesn’t sound like a lot of fun though.

I made a 2k list and it feels like you issue charge orders...and hope the enemy clumps up for you...and doesn't bring pie plates that can whack small banners of two...and hope the dice go your way...