Today in Titanicus I...

TIAT I finally finished a bunch of stuff that I’ve been noodling away on in parallel. Not my usual style, I like to get one thing done at a time, but at least that means I have a bumper edition for this!

First up, I finally got round to putting some of the posh Atarus transfers on my Seniores’ Titan, with a bit of freehand to make them fill the big Warlord shoulder plate;

8fzyTTg.jpg

QD6V2Yd.jpg

I also finished a set of each of the resin carapace Weapons for him, the Gatlings are featured in the pics.

Next up, some Fureans goodness! My new Reaver, Charybdis, some more Warlord carapace Weapons, and a Titan head objective marker;

W8TfKnD.jpg

vGlQGBD.jpg

I also spent far too much time over the weekend filing down the back of command terminal markers and gluing 2x1mm magnets to them... I’ve discovered A4 sized ferrous rubber sheets which you can cut in half and lay underneath your Command terminals for the magnetised markers to stick to. I thought magnetic tape would be the way to go, but the one I found appears to have a weak magnetic charge, so repels half of my tokens, and seems to have a weaker attraction to the other half than the rubber sheet! Still, they’ll do for Knight terminals.

That is gorgeous work, I love both paint jobs. 

I spent more time stripping knights with alcohol but it’s not taking off a lot of primer, just enough that I need to respray them but not enough to worry me about clogging detail when I do. Also concerning is that when I touch them I get silver on my fingers even after washing them with water and and another toothbrush scrub. I hope getting more spray, paint and varnish on there seals them up. :ermm:

Edited by Fajita Fan

Public service announcement: Robot Jox is on (British) Netflix. I use a VPN to watch Netflix in other countries to see movies not available to stream in the US and Robot Jox is worth watching for stompy robot fans even though it’s campy as hell. Just squint (really, really hard) and it’s like a couple of Reavers punching each other. 

I’m going to watch it tomorrow when I try to make some progress painting. I have a new axe head to replace the one on my Reaver’s weapon that should look better and I’m almost done stripping my knights.  

Last night I applied a lot of metallics to my Mortis battlegroup, which currently comprises a warlord and three hounds. I’m painting the trim first for these guys so have thrown quite a bit of gold on them, including spraying some panels. Good to get some of this relatively boring base coating done. Will get to do the colouring in soon.

This picture was posted by chopstick on dakka, pay attention to the top left which shows the new cerastus box (I don't think it was posted here yet)

It seems the kit is a dual acheron - castigator one. Curious to see if this will allow for building exactly one of each or have enough options to make either 2 acherons or 2 castigators.

gallery_116407_15011_7572.jpg

Today in Adeptus Titanicus,

I downloaded the GW terminals I needed, photoshopped them to what I needed to display my own titans' names, had them printed at Staples, snagged a magnetic whiteboard and overhead transfer sheet, and magnetized everything for tomorrow's community 2020 inaugural titan walk. Lots of new faces supposed to be showing up, hope I can snap some pics (We're expecting about a dozen players, almost all of them brand new)

gallery_107230_14721_30733.jpg

I bought the starter set, and an extra box of Warhounds. That'll let me run 2 Ferrox, 2 Venator, or one of each, as I desire. Now I just have to assemble and paint them. And finally pin down a Legio.

I can tell from the assembly instructions that I will absolutely *love* putting together the Reavers.

I bought the starter set, and an extra box of Warhounds. That'll let me run 2 Ferrox, 2 Venator, or one of each, as I desire. Now I just have to assemble and paint them. And finally pin down a Legio.

I can tell from the assembly instructions that I will absolutely *love* putting together the Reavers.

You’re not wrong to be worried about the reaver’s legs. Pay really close attention to the instructions for these. The feet look identical but are not - there’s a left and right one. Same for the armour plates that go on the lower legs and the pieces that go on the upper legs too.

When posing reavers be careful with the angle of the foot relative to the leg. The foot wants to be pretty flat on the end of the leg, sort of like a drawing pin. If it’s angled too much (and a bit is ok) then you’ll have trouble when the armour plates go on.

Warhounds are really simple. Start with one of those :)

You’re not wrong to be worried about the reaver’s legs. Pay really close attention to the instructions for these. The feet look identical but are not - there’s a left and right one. Same for the armour plates that go on the lower legs and the pieces that go on the upper legs too.

When posing reavers be careful with the angle of the foot relative to the leg. The foot wants to be pretty flat on the end of the leg, sort of like a drawing pin. If it’s angled too much (and a bit is ok) then you’ll have trouble when the armour plates go on.

Warhounds are really simple. Start with one of those :smile.:

[laughs in ambition]

Oh no. I started with the Reaver legs, and even did some posing. All that remains on the first Reaver is getting the weapons done (and for that, I need to await the arrival of some magnets).

So, (so far) today in AT I've assembled a Reaver head (more cursing), the power fist (some yelling), and the gatling blaster (silence). I haven't attached the upper arms, again waiting for magnets. And I've had a go with google translate and my very limited latin vocabulary to grab some names for my little pets.