the BIG 9th edition room

Oddly enough the Judicar has grown on me. I might replace his head with the hooded Primaris Chaplain head. I love the Indomitus Chaplain. I'll be giving him either a Reiver helmet or the helmet from the plastic clampack Chaplain from a few years back.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

The one who's now in the space marine heroes set i believe (no not the random buy ones, but this: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Space-Marines-Heroes). I actually have that head spare, but may use it either here or somewhere else.

Chaplains do sometimes have bare heads, so this one doesn't bother me much. I've been upping my face painting game, so I might go either way depending on how well I feel I paint it

Edited by Reinhard

I'm very excited about everything (yes, even the turret) shown except the ATV.

I can see myself doing a few headswaps, like putting a hood on the Judiciar, and giving the Chaplain a skull helm (and then probably moving his head over to the Assault Intercessors, because it's far too awesome to not use at all.

That said, I'm not two bothered about bear heads on Chaplains - it's just I've already got one without his helmet on.

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

The one who's now in the space marine heroes set i believe (no not the random buy ones, but this: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Space-Marines-Heroes). I actually have that head spare, but may use it either here or somewhere else.

Chaplains do sometimes have bare heads, so this one doesn't bother me much. I've been upping my face painting game, so I might go either way depending on how well I feel I paint it

Cassius is a rather prominent example of a bareheaded Chaplain, and Grimaldus doesn't even wear a skull helm, so going less conventional works for me. Barehead, maybe a Crusader helmet, either works.

The one who's now in the space marine heroes set i believe (no not the random buy ones, but this: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Space-Marines-Heroes). I actually have that head spare, but may use it either here or somewhere else.

It might do. I wish I could see it better. Annoyingly, the pics on the GW website are missing the sprue pic for just that model!

What about Seraphicus? He's what the Grimaldus in the film is based on.

The Grimaldus film uses 3d models from space marine the videogame. Some have been modified, Grimmy's helm from there is most likely based on the legion of the damned dlc skin.

That aside, Seraphicus' helm works pretty much anywhere after you remove the DA symbol. Used it on a kitbash with the primaris librarian myself

I think the Judiciar just needs aome different color choices. Give the leather cloth more of a leather texture and the helmet in a more classic bone while making the eye lenses brighter and we should have something that works.

I was thinking, maybe greenstuff over the top of half of the torso on the vets may convert it to full tabard?

For the BT look I may have to give them a cape too since they are sword brethren equivalents.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Last Light Creative suggests. He's the current master of the Green Stuff Tabard. (Proper Tabards too, he don't mess around with no Aprons!)

Oddly enough the Judicar has grown on me. I might replace his head with the hooded Primaris Chaplain head. I love the Indomitus Chaplain. I'll be giving him either a Reiver helmet or the helmet from the plastic clampack Chaplain from a few years back.

Which one please?

The one who's now in the space marine heroes set i believe (no not the random buy ones, but this: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE/Space-Marines-Heroes). I actually have that head spare, but may use it either here or somewhere else.

That's the one!

Good question before, what color should be used for the Judicar? Again black? Leather brown? Maybe red? Or just a lot of red like the sword brothers use?

Worn leather seems like a good fit. Go for that old cowboy duster sort of feel if that makes any sense.

Terrain rules like heavy cover will benefit charging armies. Devot push is not a charge ( a small debuff I thought but we will have 2+ cover too) but with Assault Intercessors we will have an advantage.

I think the new rules for terrain will benefit Aggressor squads too, especially because in 8th edition aurelian shroud was just used in first turn every time. It could be very good in future.

Edited by Medjugorje

I think the Judicar is probably the only mini in the box that I'm not excited about. Everything else is fantastic. The Bladegaurd guys seem like they were made for us, hopefully we can take them in units larger than 3, because that would be disappointing. 

I think the Judicar is probably the only mini in the box that I'm not excited about. Everything else is fantastic. The Bladegaurd guys seem like they were made for us, hopefully we can take them in units larger than 3, because that would be disappointing. 

at least up to 5 or taken as Sword Brethren (what I would not expect).

Honestly I think it's all color choice that brings the Judiciar down. The helmet is so desaturated people have confused it for skin, and the face cloth could have had a different color to either match the coat, or go in a different direction. The eye lenses are so dark they feel amost as if the helmet is "off" instead of the usual power glow we see too.

But that's my quibble I suppose.

Honestly I think it's all color choice that brings the Judiciar down. The helmet is so desaturated people have confused it for skin, and the face cloth could have had a different color to either match the coat, or go in a different direction. The eye lenses are so dark they feel amost as if the helmet is "off" instead of the usual power glow we see too.

But that's my quibble I suppose.

I think one of the problems with the helmet, is that the image we have of it is so square on, that you can't see where it changes from a skull facemask to a helmet, meaning it just looks like an undead space marine wearing a surgical mask. I'm hoping it may look a little better in reality?