[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

Oh, as a heads-up to both @Mazer Rackham and @Trokair, I'll be most likely incommunicado this weekend as I'm attending a local GT. I'll check in on the threads inbetween rounds, but probably won't be posting much as I need to reserve as much of my limited neural bandwidth for losing 40k games...

Imperial Knights, a variation on a House Taranis list. Crusader, Errant, 5 Warglaive, 2 Helverins. Not the super meta "Calculated Targeting" Taranis list, but something that I like and should have fun with. Its a pretty competitive scene though, so the competition will be tough (we've got top-100 ITC ranked guys around here). 

Standing order 836752, no member of the Arbites shalt comment upon the fashion sense or lack thereof of any Imperial Citizen. Bringing the Adeptus into disrepute with such statements is punishable by discommendation, summary execution by a superior, and forfeiture of pension.

(Falk quickly runs back and organises the rest of the fake Arbites into a firing squad for their comrade :p)

If you want @A.T., you can always dress the guy down, there's not much he can do at the moment, and it might even cement the decision to get rid of you faster (in a non-gun to the back of the head way).

25 minutes ago, Trokair said:

lol at the last few posts, and in danger of rofl.

Ah, go on, treat yourself ;)

Edited by Mazer Rackham

21 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

LeX:

Remembering Reynard's threats of the Mechanicum penalty for whatever crimes have been committed, the father openly bursts into tears.

I expected  Seb to explain to his father that Bardas's words had not been the threat they apeared to be.

Edited by Trokair

58 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

If you want @A.T., you can always dress the guy down, there's not much he can do at the moment, and it might even cement the decision to get rid of you faster (in a non-gun to the back of the head way).

A few parting words for the guards then, enough for the commander to step in and usher us along before we draw too much of a crowd. Don't want to full Eric Cartman on them until Falk has a chance to run back to his locker and grab his carapace armour and vox-legi combat shotgun...

"Nice Boots, Chief"

[Brought to by the powers of wondervision!]

The second Time that Kerr Restal had heard that phrase this mission, although this time something happened...

The legs of his bodyglove morph from black into an urban camouflage, his spiked white hair turned into a brown mullet and his combat shotgun changed into MAC-10 

All the best Ikka! You carry the (dubious) honour of the RPG Nook into battle... try not to die too quickly! :tongue:

It may just be my complete lack of computer savvy, but I'm not quite clear on the purpose of the slivers? Do they convert physical copies of plans/whatever into digital format that can be shown on dataslates, etc?

30 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

All the best Ikka! You carry the (dubious) honour of the RPG Nook into battle... try not to die too quickly! :tongue:

"But when you die, and die you shall...it shall be to the sound of..." Wait, that's a plot reveal. Ignore me.

37 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

It may just be my complete lack of computer savvy, but I'm not quite clear on the purpose of the slivers? Do they convert physical copies of plans/whatever into digital format that can be shown on dataslates, etc?

I can't recall if you saw what Falk pulled from the safe? I've slept since then. :tongue:

On 9/13/2022 at 7:09 PM, Mazer Rackham said:

Sanctum Interior:

Falk:

Your precautions are wise, but not needed, the door of the safe, heavy as it is swings open. Within can be seen:

• 1 small palm sized cylindrical, armoured glass vial marked with biohazard warnings (sealed thrice over).
  • 3 very large shells for a substantial firearm (not a bolter)
  • 1 holoSLICE,

You know what this last item is by reputation, but not by experience. This pale blue, flat square of crystal is an encoded device equipped with rare and powerful machine spirits. Not quite scrapcode, the engrammics function as an electoo/multikey, which is designed to fit a specific digital lock, and overwhelm it in an instant.

It is an exceptionally difficult item to acquire, never mind craft, and is illegal for even for a Proctor-level Judge to possess, under penalty of a regiment of indictments.

direct link to help us refresh our memories and work out what our characters know.

https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/375260-dh1e-the-damocles-contingency-rpg-ic/?do=findComment&comment=5866203

Edited by Trokair

If the periscope reflects light down and is showing us the bad guy in charge, can't I just use my laspistol and shoot the git in the head? :tongue:

Edit: How thick is the floor? Grating or solid? I could put a FAB through it? Carapace armour is good and all, but tends not to be as thick on the soles of your feet!  :fakenopic:

Edited by Lysimachus

3 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Ah ok, I had forgotten the holoslice.

So Lecroix used the schematics to create a key into somewhere? But someone else (this Tracer person?) was the one who actually stole the schematics in the first place?

Yes.

26 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

If the periscope reflects light down and is showing us the bad guy in charge, can't I just use my laspistol and shoot the git in head? :tongue:

Edit: How thick is the floor? Grating or solid? I could put a FAB through it? Carapace armour is good and all, but tends not to be as thick on the soles of your feet!  :fakenopic:

:biggrin:

Laspistol idea, possible. EDIT: We would be talking small target -30 BS Test.

I'll disappoint you gently, the roof is armaplas, but I like your thinking.

I think you should talk to a professional about these outburst of violence, I mean these men are just trying to make a living....

Edited by Mazer Rackham

28 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Laspistol idea, possible. EDIT: We would be talking small target -30 BS Test.

See what happens. Will hold it as a last resort.

Maybe it's even worth just going with them... Convince them to take me back to their boss, straight to the source?