[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

Aha! I knew the beard hair couldn't have been that bad!! :laugh:

Question: if the waiter recognises Reynard, will Reynard (if he looks back into the cafe) recognise the waiter?

Is Seb still sat with Bardas, or did he rush out to check the box too?

Edited by Lysimachus

Seb is standing up, at the front of the cafe.

Bardas is, to all intents and purposes behind and hidden from his view. Similarly, the stitch-up going off is surrounded by people trying to dodge out of the way of regulators, a madman etc. You can see the waiter, but it looks quite innocuous.

You will require an Opposed Perception Test, with a Hard (-20) Penalty due to Tracer's Traits.

9 minutes ago, Machine God said:

@Lysimachus - Kerr Restal looks like Roy Batty.

Ah, awesome! I hadn't twigged that, easily one of my top 3 fav films!

Had a go at a Blather Test to try and throw the guy off and get closer to him, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right... :laugh:

Yup, it was at the spaceport when we first arrived, so Restal or Scourge might recognise him but none of the rest of the team.

The servitors' movements make me nervous... if something just rewrote their coding, we might be in trouble.

So are we suposed to give chase or reconeect with the other party?

Edit:

The waiter keeps the smile, although this time it pinches the corner of his eyes. He regards Bardas. "What do you think my exit strategy was? Being arrested by Regulators is safer than the Arbites."

Sarcasm? If not that might be revealing as to the political climate if he would rather run the risk of being press ganged by the navy then taken by the arbiters.

Edited by Trokair

1 hour ago, Trokair said:

So are we suposed to give chase or reconeect with the other party?

Edit:

Sarcasm? If not that might be revealing as to the political climate if he would rather run the risk of being press ganged by the navy then taken by the arbiters.

You can chase him if you want, I won't stop you. Bardas knows (as he's from round these parts, even if a little distant) what a bell-pistol is. I would strongly caution you, however, that charging into a tight corridor against a weapon that hits like a double-barreled shotgun, but works like a flamethrower may be a...bold decision.

Not sarcasm :) From his humour, you can discern he's being genuine, and almost pleased with himself. Obviously you may draw what conclusions you wish from that. :cool:

1 hour ago, A.T. said:

No more questions for Falk BTW - lets un-split the party

No problem. We can assume that you've eyeballed each other across the space, and are therefore in visual and comm-bead contact and may interact freely. Be aware that you are too far away to assist should Bardas/Reynard give chase to the waiter.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Ha, what choice..?

30 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

You can chase him if you want, I won't stop you. Bardas knows (as he's from round these parts, even if a little distant) what a bell-pistol is. I would strongly caution you, however, that charging into a tight corridor against a weapon that hits like a double-barreled shotgun, but works like a flamethrower may be a...bold decision.

So what you saying is how much do I trust my dice today for making dodge rolls?

I think Reynard would advocate discretion as the better part of valour, especially with no FP remaining! :sweat:

Speaking of...

I don't suppose that might be considered a end of gaming session point? I know we probably haven't done the full 24 hours within the game, but it feels like we've packed a lot of stuff in? More than a month in RL, and I'd guess plenty for an average 4-hour session in person?

(But that's just my 2p worth, happy with whatever you say GM! :thumbsup:)

4 minutes ago, Trokair said:

So what you saying is how much do I trust my dice today for making dodge rolls?

Reading between the lines, there, but...yes.

3 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

I think Reynard would advocate discretion as the better part of valour, especially with no FP remaining! :sweat:

Speaking of...

I don't suppose that might be considered a end of gaming session point? I know we probably haven't done the full 24 hours within the game, but it feels like we've packed a lot of stuff in? More than a month in RL, and I'd guess plenty for an average 4-hour session in person?

(But that's just my 2p worth, happy with whatever you say GM! :thumbsup:)

More than a month in RL? Dude, you needed to come to one of my WEEKLY 'Ironman' (no, not Tony Stark) table sessions. We started at 1900 and didn't finish until 0100 the next morning. One time my players threatened to riot, and so we stopped at 0330 ish, and that was only because the Iron Hand Apothecary Player nearly died of exhaustion. Everyone voted he was weak.

We all were ten years younger at the time. Now I'm in bed by 2000 with socks and cocoa.

On topic - we are approaching a natural break, but that is a story break, not a 'Session' break. It will rest on what the Players want to do, I would suggest conflabs, tying off the matters in the cafe or Dispatch Box if you like and then deciding on the next course of action. Once I know how the PC's want to  attempt suicide  continue, I will judge what needs to happen.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

As a Machine Cult adept (even if dressed vaguely differently, you still look like a techdude to a casual observer), you'd likely be able to get away with the act itself. Actually doing it without alerting the others, is a bit more of an ask. (Requiring an AG Test maybe).

Being creative, say by attempting to use a comms or tech device to broadcast a recall command to one of them, and see if it heeds you, would be a better bet. I'll say that would be a Challenging (+0) Tech Use Test.

Edited by Mazer Rackham