[DH1e] The Damocles Contingency (OOC)

Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Marines Malevolent are pretty close to that, or Minotaurs. Both are extremely ruthless and have no problem with destroying their allies or random Imperial citizens to achieve their mission goals. Minotaurs are even supposed to be controlled by the High Lords of Terra themselves, which would follow the idea that, like the Operative, their missions are for the good of mankind regardless of the way in which they are achieved. 

Iron Hands too. 

18 minutes ago, Machine God said:

Can anybody hear the word "Diversion"? 

I'd prefer DISTRACTION CARNIFEX, but that would too loud and result in a lot of squishing.

It would also be dangerously close to an admission.

8 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

The Dispatch Box Cafe:

Seb:

Reveal hidden contents

Per: PASS 2 DoS.

Bardas: FAIL 1 DoF

Unknown Agent wins by 1 DoS.

Seb gasps, almost stands. "The box is open!"

Box door 303 is indeed, swinging on its hinges.

This Party must now pause.

Oops, 

your comrade has offended the machine spirits of the refresher with his...ablutions.

Beard hair clogging the drains or something? :facepalm: :laugh:

Edit: Also, checking and cuffing people who look similar to what?

Edited by Lysimachus

45 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Beard hair clogging the drains or something? :facepalm: :laugh:

Edit: Also, checking and cuffing people who look similar to what?

Could be all those ration bars...does Bardas have a plunger mechadendrite? Baran von  Groan  er, Graen should eat more fibre, perchance.

And...I forgot the descriptions, I'm being a lazy writer this week. :tongue: They're in there now.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Not at all, sir, it's great as always! I was just wondering if they were arresting bearded men in long coats... :sweat:

So, do we know anyone with short blond hair or shaven head, dark top and light trousers...? What was Seb's colouring and what was he wearing under his brown jacket? Can't remember if it's been described.

Or come to think of it, what does Restal look like again? Maybe they're hunting for someone that looks a bit like his blurry pic?

14 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Not at all, sir, it's great as always! I was just wondering if they were arresting bearded men in long coats... :sweat:

If anything, you've likely put yourself more on their radar by shaving, except you're far too dandy in your flash attire to be who they're after.

Seb was brown coat and pale fatigue trousers, but he's just in a loose, pale tunic now. They aren't crumping him, so he mustn't fit description. As for anything else, who knows? :whistling:

From the comment about Reynard carrying a gun that is Kathago's and Greyson's, I'm assuming he is the leader of the bad guys squad who've been chasing us?

I assume it refers to the autoguns we've both got... made by Kathago for Greyson?

Edit:

"Yesterday, Greyson came in, spoke to Klaus, then to me. He had a problem. I guess that was you. I was to send word if you turned up, send you down to the Rat Run, where they'd wait. I saw your pal, custom gun, one of mine. One of Greyson's. I don't know who's running him now, but that man is looking for a reckoning with some hive doctor called Dreyfuss. He's competent."

Edited by Lysimachus

53 minutes ago, A.T. said:

"Pale-grey eyes, dark hair. Scars on his face" match anyone Falk has seen?

That's a GM query, so: Yes. The clincher is his size as well. Since Falk is a sharp-eyed cop, it would come back to him - you saw someone matching that description get into an aircar (yesterday?) with Stitches. I apologise this was not in the post, but I've been run off my arse busy.

16 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

From the comment about Reynard carrying a gun that is Kathago's and Greyson's, I'm assuming he is the leader of the bad guys squad who've been chasing us?

I assume it refers to the autoguns we've both got... made by Kathago for Greyson?

That's a Player spitballing (not hairballing up someone's sink this time), so I'll let you all percolate that. :wink:

Ah OK... I thought it was the squad leader of the thugs due him being described as a big bloke... but it's not then? We have seen the squad leader's face haven't we, so it's not the same bloke?

Edit: actually, maybe we haven't seen his face, as it's often covered by rebreather, etc... so it could be him?

More spitballing:

Either way, I'm still assuming the connection between Greyson and the thugs because of the autoguns we took?

In which case, the thug squad is working for Fabian Canthus, who was in the aircar with Greyson?

Also in the aircar (I went back and reread! :sweat:) was Lady Emilia, who Stitches treated. She was described by Fabian as 'the last daughter of Hive Tertius'. Would she therefore be the Third Daughter who the Magisters said has the key?

Edited by Lysimachus

2 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Edit: actually, maybe we haven't seen his face, as it's often covered by rebreather, etc...

Had a brainfart there, I was certain you hadn't clocked the thug leader's mug! :tongue:

Edited by Mazer Rackham