World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

4 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hmm will he have multiple warlord traits? Mortarion gets 3 AND chooses a 4th from the plague companies.

Apparently he does not, at least in these playtest rules.

4 hours ago, Xenith said:

I'm hearing a rumour that if Angron dies he goes back into reserves on a 4+ - anyone heard similar?

And 36 attacks at AP-3 is silly. This is too far. 

There is a allegedly a blood tithe ability that resurrects him with 8 wounds remaining. For 3 points, which is the same amount you get for having him die. Nothing about a 4+, that I’ve heard. Supposedly just happens.

Salt, of course, but the 3 separate folks in the discord who claim to have the rules all say the same thing.

6 Blood Points is that then? He dies and costs 3, then is resurrected and costs another 3?

Brutal on your points but fair.

(Maybe Guilliman and the Ultramarines can have "Codex points" in the next Supplement? :laugh:)

Edited by Captain Idaho

1 hour ago, Captain Idaho said:

6 Blood Points is that then? He dies and costs 3, then is resurrected and costs another 3?

Brutal on your points but fair.

(Maybe Guilliman and the Ultramarines can have "Codex points" in the next Supplement? :laugh:)

Not sure if I’m understanding, but Angron’s death gives the player 3 blood tithe points to spend, and the resurrection ability costs 3 blood tithe points. If he dies again, he again gives the player 3 blood tithe points. But the resurrection ability is once per game.

Allegedly.

Edited by Khornestar

7 hours ago, Xenith said:

I'm hearing a rumour that if Angron dies he goes back into reserves on a 4+ - anyone heard similar?

And 36 attacks at AP-3 is silly. This is too far. 

Depending on his points cost, that may actually be on par with an equivalent cost melee unit.

12 hours ago, StraightSilver said:

I'm genuinely surprised he's only T7, but he will be an absolute beast when in combat - which of course makes perfect sense.

I was thinking along the same lines. The demon form of a psychotic former gladiator should be T8!

15 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Do I have Angron kill a lot of things or kill less a lot of things a lot more?

Choices...

Both types of attack kill about 9.7 Primaris with Armour of Contempt.

One simply does it with more dice and less wasted damage.

28 minutes ago, DesuVult said:

40 attacks is unreasonable to me in the sense that my chessex bricks are 36 dice.  I am out here playing other games where rolling 12 at a time is considered a lot.

I would see that less as 40 attacks and more like a really clumsy abstraction of doing cleaving attacks. Angry ron is not pounding out 40 chops in whatever the amount of time a fight phase seems to equal, but swiping with both his weapons six to seven times, (or grinding with his chainaxe like Lt. Titus and the Rejects).

That said, having strong attacks not discard their damage after a model is killed like the flail DG have might have made more sense. Or it would be even stronger, i don't know.

I mean, a squad of 7 SG puts out 35 attacks. Angron costing more and putting out about the same seems fine? Though I feel like a slightly more compact way of getting similar damage out would've been preferred. Having a wound spillover mechanic or something, rather than actually having to roll 40 dice. Funny though.

He isn't actually that tough if he doesn't have any durability buffs we haven't seen. T7 with a 2+ save with AoC is... pretty underwhelming even if he (probably) does have a 4++. So he probably is going to get into combat only *after* he gets rezzed, since he can't hide. Belakor I'm pretty sure just kills him if he gets to swing first, and might not even die to Angron, because Belakor is absurd. Abaddon hilariously absolutely mulches him if he doesn't have a wound cap or mortal wound defense that hasn't been revealed. Like, Abaddon loses his 3 wounds of course, then does an average of 10 damage back on raw profile, assuming no exploding 6s to hit and no 6s to wound doing mortals.... It's super swingy, but Abbadon could pretty easily pop Angron in 1 round of combat, and 2 its almost certain. (I did assume that Angron would have a 4++)

It seems crazier because it is coming from a single model. Looking at equivalent points from other pure melee units, he is almost restrained.

That is from a 9th Edition Mega Power Creep perspective, of course, but dropping buckets of dice on the table is the norm right now.

At least he is not pumping out d6 Mortal Wounds per hit, that spill over to nearby units, and any unit destroyed must be crushed underfoot IRL.

He'll be decently costed at 360pts. He's got 1 better armor save, a little movement and 5 more attacks than Mortarion and the rez. His hard swing hits for less strength than mortys with the same ap and damage, but his swipe has 1 more ap. But morty gets more buffs like arch contaminator, a pistol/grenade, 2 casts and 3 denies, 1 more toughness, 5+++ and -1D for 90 points more. All of those things are hard to quantify in a point cost but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem too bad. Just going to have to try and shoot him off the table or wait till he clears a unit out then blast him. Plus he can't ignore damage limits or ignore invulns thankfully.

New claim from the person who claims to be in the know that he was told a single model unit is coming in 10th as part of a second wave, unknown if it’s HQ or elites. Doesn’t know if it’s the only new model coming in 10th. Sawlt.