World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

14 minutes ago, Borbarad said:

The anti-FW crowd about to get their jimmies rustled in a major way :zeal:

I’m sure I’ve got a tiny bloody violin to play for them somewhere around here…

Really hope this stuff is true.

Cor, moving 16" and opponents not bring able to retreat from him? That's unbelievably strong.

He should strike fear in the hearts of opposition. 

Hey, do you think folk will have to start using more infantry like Troops to screen their better stuff so Angron can only charge certain units easily?

Of course he has wings, but he needs room to fit that big base in legally of course remember.

Could change a lot of things. Plus counter charge units - what can fight Angron and win? Interesting times.

13 hours ago, Khornestar said:

More/different leaks/rumors from someone in the World Eaters discord:

Berzerkers:

- Have an inbuilt ability where if they are shot by the opponent, if they aren't killed outright the berzerkers get to move d6" toward the closest enemy unit

- If they are performing an action and you use this ability, it auto-fails. If you have the Berzerker Icon and use this ability, it auto-completes the action.

- There is a stratagem unlocked by the Berzerker Icon that grants 3d6 discard the lowest result for charge distance.

10 man units and Icons are almost autotakes at that point, right? You either have enough firepower to kill the unit outright (not many units do) or you give the WE player free actions and/or free movement. Sounds pretty great tbh, WE are going to struggle to get across the board and score against some armies, bonuses to both is real nice!

4 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Cor, moving 16" and opponents not bring able to retreat from him? That's unbelievably strong.

He should strike fear in the hearts of opposition. 

Hey, do you think folk will have to start using more infantry like Troops to screen their better stuff so Angron can only charge certain units easily?

Of course he has wings, but he needs room to fit that big base in legally of course remember.

Could change a lot of things. Plus counter charge units - what can fight Angron and win? Interesting times.

And add to that the potential to come back after being killed, with 8 wounds remaining. Not only do they have to figure out screening during his first charge(s), but then also be ready for him to come back and do it again. If the +1” charge distance blood tithe buff is active he had a fairly decent chance of making that charge. 

Angron “only” has a 2+/4++ and no wound cap, no ignores invulns, nothing beyond brute force. Abaddon probably has a shot? I don’t know the stats of other big bads, but maybe the other daemon primarchs? Ghaz? Silent King?

3 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

10 man units and Icons are almost autotakes at that point, right? You either have enough firepower to kill the unit outright (not many units do) or you give the WE player free actions and/or free movement. Sounds pretty great tbh, WE are going to struggle to get across the board and score against some armies, bonuses to both is real nice!

This set of rumors alone has set my hype meter into the stratosphere. It feels so indicative of an understanding that an all melee army really needs creative solutions to not just close the distance, but score as well. 

Plz be true.

Edited by Khornestar

There is also allegedly a kit of “models” that was not tested and is not in the codex. Who the heck knows what to do with that one.

Juggernaut cavalry. It’s gotta be. ;)

There is no amount of times of being disappointed that is enough to kill my hope.

2 hours ago, Khornestar said:

There is also allegedly a kit of “models” that was not tested and is not in the codex. Who the heck knows what to do with that one.

Juggernaut cavalry. It’s gotta be. ;)

There is no amount of times of being disappointed that is enough to kill my hope.

Is this from the same source as these? Just to keep track of what might or might not be trustworthy based on what ends up being true.

23 hours ago, Khornestar said:

More/different leaks/rumors from someone in the World Eaters discord:

Berzerkers:

- Have an inbuilt ability where if they are shot by the opponent, if they aren't killed outright the berzerkers get to move d6" toward the closest enemy unit

- If they are performing an action and you use this ability, it auto-fails. If you have the Berzerker Icon and use this ability, it auto-completes the action.

- There is a stratagem unlocked by the Berzerker Icon that grants 3d6 discard the lowest result for charge distance.

Red Butchers:

- Is now a stratagem for 1 CP that applies to Terminators or Eightbound, grants +1 damage for the turn

Angron:

- Has an aura of totally preventing fallback within 6", no rolling, just can't do it, including friendly models

- Has an aura of re-roll hits for CORE

Eightbound:

- Do not get a pre-game move, but can arrive from strategic reserves turn 1

Exalted Eightbound:

- Can deep strike

Lord on Juggernaut:

- Can use chainsword or a chainaxe giving +1S -2 AP 2 damage

Blood Tithe:

- Reviving Angron costs 3 blood tithe points, and when Angron dies he gives up 3 blood tithe points

- The ability to grant the whole army auto-wounds on 6's to hit costs 4 blood tithe points

- Blood Tithe points are gained by units destroyed, enemy or friendly

Invocatus is totally an auto-include as the warlord in any game that doesn't use Angron. Assuming any of this is true, he is just lightyears better than any other choice.

15 minutes ago, DeadFingers said:

Is this from the same source as these? Just to keep track of what might or might not be trustworthy based on what ends up being true.

Largely, yes.

There are I think 2 people reporting mostly the same information in the discord, and the more “reliable” one mentioned the as-of-yet unseen kit.

AFAIK the points page hasn’t been disproved at all. Nor has it been verified, of course.

The discord group is called “World Eaters.”

Edited by Khornestar

1 hour ago, Khornestar said:

AFAIK the points page hasn’t been disproved at all. Nor has it been verified, of course.

The discord group is called “World Eaters.”

Earlier in the thread people were saying the points page was disproven by a WE discord, then it was Reinforced by the eightbound officially being shown.  I was referencing that and asking if it is rhe same discord.

11 minutes ago, DesuVult said:

Earlier in the thread people were saying the points page was disproven by a WE discord, then it was Reinforced by the eightbound officially being shown.  I was referencing that and asking if it is rhe same discord.

I’ve lost track of where and when things were said. I guess the tentative agreement is that the army roster is accurate based on someone claiming to have seen the playtest  rules, and that the page is real from a playtester, but the points could change between the phase of play testing the page came from and the codex release.

And ultimately, it could still be a fake, but those who are claiming to know are saying it’s legit.

Edited by Khornestar

Just now, Khornestar said:

I’ve lost track of where and when things were said. I guess the tentative agreement is that the army roster is accurate based on someone claiming to have seen the playtest  rules, and that the page is real from a playtester, but the points could change between that page and the codex release.

And ultimately, it could still be a fake, but those who are claiming to know are saying it’s legit.

If the points list is a real playtest leak, instead of a fake, then it is from playtest phase 3 of 5 at the earliest. That is if 40k playtests are the same structure as the 30k ones, where the leaks of the first and second phase libers/core books were text documents while phase 3 and beyond were pdfs. That means at least 3 opportunities to change points, abilities, roster, and layout of the codex before it heads to print.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe it doesn’t work that way. Hopefully we find out for real sooner rather than later.

Another new one (salt as always):

Khornate Eviscerator stats, for berzerkers:

S+4 AP-4 Damage 2 -1 to hit

Can have 2 per unit, and the champion can be one of those 2.

Edited by Khornestar

2 hours ago, Khornestar said:

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe it doesn’t work that way. Hopefully we find out for real sooner rather than later.

1 per 5 and champ can take it. 

2 minutes ago, Trevak Dal said:

Seems like the move for Angron isn’t throwing hands with other big units, though he can, rather he just beats and bullies troops so they can’t do what they’re supposed to do.

That seems right. No obsec, no falling back… you’re gonna die, weaklings.

15 hours ago, Khornestar said:

These are the same as the Heavy Chainaxe stats too, it makes them hit incredibly hard and even burn through AoC. In a CSM army, the MoK and Icon means that they're S9 and -5AP on the charge so I wonder if it's the same here?

Turning off Obsec on Angron is brutal, between this and the Bezerkers auto completing Actions, I don't think WE will have much of an issue scoring! :sweat: