World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

2 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

These are the same as the Heavy Chainaxe stats too, it makes them hit incredibly hard and even burn through AoC. In a CSM army, the MoK and Icon means that they're S9 and -5AP on the charge so I wonder if it's the same here?

Turning off Obsec on Angron is brutal, between this and the Bezerkers auto completing Actions, I don't think WE will have much of an issue scoring! :sweat:

Should be s10, assuming 5 base and +1 for charge like it is now.

I'm really hoping the "get shot, can move" rule for the Bezerkers is an option you may make, not the old "must move". If it's the later, I don't like it as it lets your opponent decide where your unit is. If it's a "may move if shot at", I like it better.

52 minutes ago, MadEdric said:

I'm really hoping the "get shot, can move" rule for the Bezerkers is an option you may make, not the old "must move". If it's the later, I don't like it as it lets your opponent decide where your unit is. If it's a "may move if shot at", I like it better.

If that’s the case, it could also depend on saying up to d6” or just d6”. Could always nudge a model half a mm if it’s up to.

*edit*

Discord chatter is suggesting it’s “up to” and is once per turn for the unit in the opponent’s shooting phase.

Edited by Khornestar

11 hours ago, Borbarad said:

Is that move optional or mandatory? It if is mandatory, I can see it being a liability for holding objectives. 

Seems like people are saying “may” move and “up to” but we’ll see, I guess.

Really strong if it's optional. Debilitating if it's compulsory.

I'd like to see some element of uncontrollable behaviour in the army, to represent how the Nails can be a curse as well.

I know there are folk who hate random elements, or uncontrolled model behaviour, but that's because GW just didn't balance things brilliantly!

Make it leadership tests like the old days, give the benefits to the Nails as really high and you have some reaonsed rules potentially.

Just my opinion. 

I’m one of those that would vehemently disagree but different strokes; and we get what we get. There will hopefully be something flavorful and well-designed at the core, whatever that ends up being.

46 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

No that's fair. Definitely my opinion. 

It's just the World Eaters ARE supposed to be uncontrollable at times. I like the fluff.

100%, but for me I’d rather play that out on the table in my own way and not have control of my army taken away from me in a way that can easily be exploited by the opponent.

Edited by Khornestar

Update on the boxed set situation: apparently there isn’t going to be an army box with a limited edition codex; there will just be a combat patrol. No word as to the contents. As always, salty mcsaltface.

12 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Update on the boxed set situation: apparently there isn’t going to be an army box with a limited edition codex; there will just be a combat patrol. No word as to the contents. As always, salty mcsaltface.

:(

Not sure, seems like speculation of juggerlord, berzerkers, and jakhals.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a rhino, maulerfiend, Khârn, or some other older kit in the mix.

Edited by Khornestar

The third aura can be good too, but complete denial of retreat has the potential to be really great.

Not sure a reroll of 1 aura feels quite in the same league as shutting down falling back though, unless there's no other sources of bonuses to hit/rerolls. Even then, if I wasn't taking that one, I'd probably just always take the extra attack because it's way more fun.

I guess it could be fine because it's not scoped to core (if wording is accurate), but I like the others better.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion