World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

Either way you slice it, the WE release is very similar to the TS. Both are valid in giving the the stink eye to the death guard release and ponder where the rest is at. Hopefully both get a second wave at some point. Currently sons are about 6 years in since initial release. 

3 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Well then you need to add Terminators and Master of Executions on the World Eaters side too and it all starts to get a bit silly.

The post I was responding to talked about UNITS rather than kits, which is why Invocatus/Juggerlord and Eightbound/Exalted are listed separately. If you want to talk specifically about new legion-unique KITS released at launch, then its WE 5 vs TS 6, and the only reason that difference is there is because Khârn has already been done, whereas Ahriman had not.

I was only using them as an example because the Lord of skulls is a generic unit, not a WE one. Can't count it as a WE only kit like you can Khârn, new or not. I guess I didn't read the person's post you were responding to thoroughly, I took his statement more as TS got more "support", not necessarily more units. In either case it's about the same I think.

If you minus the 8th edition AoS ports and the 9th edition guy, the codexes have the same access at release just about. TS could take sorc, terminator sorc, cultist and vindicator while WE got terminators, master of Executions and lord of skulls. Add in the two extra "units" that WE get from release over TS (I'm doing quotations because again, same kits, 90% same bits and will have almost the same rules) WE will have I think 1 more unit total than TS had at release.

I just hope WE get a couple fun Daemon Engine like units in a second release instead of AoS ports. Most TS guys I know don't care for the ports, at all. Also wouldn't hurt for some new kits for stuff like rhino's and helbrutes, but that's a gripe for a different thread haha.

DG got spoiled probably because it was an edition launch faction instead of an end of edition faction, maybe based on that alone GW was banking on more interest? It worked on me, I quit before 7th and came back at 8th with the new DG.

Regarding the range, I'd love to see a plastic Blood Slaughterer or Brass Scorpion.

Assuming the leaks are accurate, feels like the opportunity to port models like these was missed. They were featured in the most memorable WE armies I've seen.

Introducing Angron + Possessed is interesting, but I'm not sure they're giant mechanical spider with chainsaws levels of interesting. Looking forward to learning about the rules interactions with these models.

1 hour ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

I’m super stoked about Angron.

Same. I think he’s getting glossed over a little because he was revealed a while ago, but it’s pretty nuts to finally get a model and rules for him.

49 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Same. I think he’s getting glossed over a little because he was revealed a while ago, but it’s pretty nuts to finally get a model and rules for him.

Agreed. I’m so so excited but so

nevrous to paint him lol

6 hours ago, Ahzek451 said:

Either way you slice it, the WE release is very similar to the TS. Both are valid in giving the the stink eye to the death guard release and ponder where the rest is at. Hopefully both get a second wave at some point. Currently sons are about 6 years in since initial release. 

I think the big difference is the thousand son range should be a bit smaller. The emphasis has been on the rubrics the entire time I've played, since the start of third. For them a small unit list makes sense, the focus should be on the spells. For WE it just feels a bit wrong, because you'd think a berserker would want a quicker way to get into combat. Hopefully they get a second wave that adds some more options.   

30 minutes ago, Jorin Helm-splitter said:

I think the big difference is the thousand son range should be a bit smaller. The emphasis has been on the rubrics the entire time I've played, since the start of third. For them a small unit list makes sense, the focus should be on the spells. For WE it just feels a bit wrong, because you'd think a berserker would want a quicker way to get into combat. Hopefully they get a second wave that adds some more options.   

Rhinos and Berzerkers have been about all there is to WE as well. TS have sorcerers to lead them and therefore there's plenty of options for weird magic constructs and mutants while WE and EC were supposed to be completely degraded shattered legions not really capable of acting as proper military forces. WE were always either single units in other warbands or needed to be in an alliance of multiple warbands to be a proper force. Even at Armageddon that was described as a Daemonic invasion not a traitor marine one, though a berzerker horde was present.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

GW kinda lored themselves into a corner a bit when it came to Thousand Sons. The Rubric of Ahriman turning all non-Psyker Astartes to dust really limited what could be done. The Cults could help a bit but last I saw, GW didn't really use them to their full potential (or attempt to expand upon them). 

World Eaters never really faced those problems as much as 1K Sons. They never HAD to be completely melee oriented and at a time (and depending on the writer) they weren't. Remember as well, the Sons were the first Cult Legion to receive their own Codex and as such, they were limited with releases as I feel GW was testing the waters. 

I'm genuinely shocked that WE didn't get a release and selection at least close to Death Guard. 

In many ways I felt Angron should have been the first Daemon Primarch to return, but I suppose GW has moved away from the Red period from my youth!

But he's the most model to carry me into World Eaters right now. He's awesome.

I also feel he's super cheap for his likely killing potential. From this leaked points cost anyway.

9 hours ago, Closet Skeleton said:

Rhinos and Berzerkers have been about all there is to WE as well. TS have sorcerers to lead them and therefore there's plenty of options for weird magic constructs and mutants while WE and EC were supposed to be completely degraded shattered legions not really capable of acting as proper military forces. WE were always either single units in other warbands or needed to be in an alliance of multiple warbands to be a proper force. Even at Armageddon that was described as a Daemonic invasion not a traitor marine one, though a berzerker horde was present.

plastic the Osiron you cowards

13 hours ago, techsoldaten said:

Regarding the range, I'd love to see a plastic Blood Slaughterer or Brass Scorpion.

Assuming the leaks are accurate, feels like the opportunity to port models like these was missed. They were featured in the most memorable WE armies I've seen.

Introducing Angron + Possessed is interesting, but I'm not sure they're giant mechanical spider with chainsaws levels of interesting. Looking forward to learning about the rules interactions with these models.

I guess they don' want to put out too many centrepieces at the same time

I’m going to throw it out there that this release will likely be a starter army boxed set like we’ve seen with chaos knights, votann, Templars and cadians. The closest comparator could be the Templars box, which was 2 characters, dreadnought and 10 man squad.

Whether it follows the trend of the majority of releases done this way and just contains new units (possible given the small amount of models that are new) or is more like the Templars release, containing say the Juggerlord, 10 berserkers, a helbrute and lord executioner who knows. Given the likely price point of the 4 new khorne kits would be around the 140-140 mark (similar to new cadians) it’s not impossible. 

In the World Eaters discord, there are claims someone with a buddy in the WHC team claimed there will be no launch army box with a codex, only an eventual combat patrol. Shake it like a salt shaker.

Who can say, true or false? Seems less likely given every new army has received an army box (unless I’m mistaken) so it would at least be super lame for WE to not get one.

Edited by Khornestar

14 hours ago, Khornestar said:

In the World Eaters discord, there are claims someone with a buddy in the WHC team claimed there will be no launch army box with a codex, only an eventual combat patrol. Shake it like a salt shaker.

Who can say, true or false? Seems less likely given every new army has received an army box (unless I’m mistaken) so it would at least be super lame for WE to not get one.

Yeesh that would kick them while they're down. I suppose the issue is the army launch boxes typically only include new minis, which is bit hard in this case given that they have a whopping 5 new kits including Angron. Leave him out and it's every new unit in 1 box for people to spam buy and ruin the faction sales.

Edited by Mogger351

On 11/22/2022 at 11:38 PM, Captain Idaho said:

I'm convinced that GW will panic revise this Ark of Omens stuff when it doesn't sell because people really want new rules and won't pay for the background material or a game mode most people won't touch, so once the first couple books flop the 3rd will have new rules for Matched Play.

On that basis I fully expect new World Eaters stuff to be rushed/prioritised into like the 3rd Ark of Omen book to boost sales.

I’d bet the books are fully written and “tested”. 

suspect new units will come but be handled via downloads tbh

More/different leaks/rumors from someone in the World Eaters discord:

Berzerkers:

- Have an inbuilt ability where if they are shot by the opponent, if they aren't killed outright the berzerkers get to move d6" toward the closest enemy unit

- If they are performing an action and you use this ability, it auto-fails. If you have the Berzerker Icon and use this ability, it auto-completes the action.

- There is a stratagem unlocked by the Berzerker Icon that grants 3d6 discard the lowest result for charge distance.

Red Butchers:

- Is now a stratagem for 1 CP that applies to Terminators or Eightbound, grants +1 damage for the turn

Angron:

- Has an aura of totally preventing fallback within 6", no rolling, just can't do it, including friendly models

- Has an aura of re-roll hits for CORE

Eightbound:

- Do not get a pre-game move, but can arrive from strategic reserves turn 1

Exalted Eightbound:

- Can deep strike

Lord on Juggernaut:

- Can use chainsword or a chainaxe giving +1S -2 AP 2 damage

Blood Tithe:

- Reviving Angron costs 3 blood tithe points, and when Angron dies he gives up 3 blood tithe points

- The ability to grant the whole army auto-wounds on 6's to hit costs 4 blood tithe points

- Blood Tithe points are gained by units destroyed, enemy or friendly

Invocatus is totally an auto-include as the warlord in any game that doesn't use Angron. Assuming any of this is true, he is just lightyears better than any other choice.

Edited by Khornestar

30 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Red Butchers:

- Is now a stratagem for 1 CP that applies to Terminators or Eightbound, grants +1 damage for the turn

Exalted Eightbound:

- Can deep strike

If these are accurate I can see myself kitbashing a squad of Terminator 8bound. It would also add to the feeling that they should have been a terminator unit in the first place.

I'm thinking I'll make one squad of them out of normal possessed, which should make it look a bit more varied. If you build an exalted eightbound squad, should have some extra khorne shoulderpads to try to get on the possessed.

4 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

I’d bet the books are fully written and “tested”. 

suspect new units will come but be handled via downloads tbh

The Kratos downloads supports your thoughts on it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if things aren't going well we might see a revision.

2 hours ago, Khornestar said:

More/different leaks/rumors from someone in the World Eaters discord:

Berzerkers:

- Have an inbuilt ability where if they are shot by the opponent, if they aren't killed outright the berzerkers get to move d6" toward the closest enemy unit

- If they are performing an action and you use this ability, it auto-fails. If you have the Berzerker Icon and use this ability, it auto-completes the action.

- There is a stratagem unlocked by the Berzerker Icon that grants 3d6 discard the lowest result for charge distance.

Red Butchers:

Angron:

- Has an aura of totally preventing fallback within 6", no rolling, just can't do it, including friendly models

- Has an aura of re-roll hits for CORE

Eightbound:

- Do not get a pre-game move, but can arrive from strategic reserves turn 1

Exalted Eightbound:

- Can deep strike

Lord on Juggernaut:

- Can use chainsword or a chainaxe giving +1S -2 AP 2 damage

Blood Tithe:

- Reviving Angron costs 3 blood tithe points, and when Angron dies he gives up 3 blood tithe points

- The ability to grant the whole army auto-wounds on 6's to hit costs 4 blood tithe points

- Blood Tithe points are gained by units destroyed, enemy or friendly

Invocatus is totally an auto-include as the warlord in any game that doesn't use Angron. Assuming any of this is true, he is just lightyears better than any other choice.

Sounds like a whole load of gimmicks to make up for the limited amount of choices in the army. I don’t doubt it will be competitive but I’d rather have had a more diverese roster than few units with tons of gimmicky rules.