Just now, WARMASTER_ said:

Don’t forget Inceptors, Warsuits and ATV’s 

But yeh I mostly agree, Heavy intercessors hit that “we’re doing something new but still within a framework” sweet spot and they look great 

What’s wrong with inceptors? Aside from the helmet with the vision slit option? 
I’ve never heard or seen anyone complain about their aesthetics before.

Just now, WARMASTER_ said:

Don’t forget Inceptors, Warsuits and ATV’s 

But yeh I mostly agree, Heavy intercessors hit that “we’re doing something new but still within a framework” sweet spot and they look great 

I kinda like inceptors, they make sense as orbital drop troops, so I can get behind them. The war suit is something I kinda like too, it sort of makes sense that you’d use a dreadnaught chassis with a living pilot where possible. ATVs aren’t infantry, but yes, I agree! 

to me, heavy intercessors/eradicators/the updated gravis captain was them finally perfecting gravis

3 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

I've been perusing the Internet and I must say the community has drained much of the joy I had at this reveal.

I'd suggest to stop reading threads about them. Not being snarky, but if it is ruining the enjoyment you're getting from the reveals, best thing to do is just to ignore it for a while until it dies down, which it eventually will. Calling people out for being salty won't change anything, it might make more likely to make certain people continue posting when they may have moved on. And given the extreme reaction to these models, even if they do stop posting, new people will be expressing their dislike for a while yet.

On the bright side, there's been similar reactions to other parts of the Primaris range and people eventually got bored and moved on. It sucks if you're excited and don't have many people to share that excitement with, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. Easiest thing to do is just let it pass you by rather than trying to swim upstream.

I think this is the first time I genuinely dislike a primaries release. Those desolator just look uninspired and their guns look straight up stupid. :(

The dread is also a little uninspired. I just figured they’d do something like the Ironclad. The iron hail stubbers look out of place as well.

On the plus side, the lieutenant looks nice, even if that kit is about 5 years late 

I think I'll like them a lot better with the little doors closed and the ammo belt removed. If it was a power cable like what's going to the moritat with the volkite weapons, I think it'd be fine, but the ammo belt just doesn't do it for me. I don't think that works visually for this kind of weapon, regardless of 'technically's and all with bolter rounds being propelled.

The Dreadnought is fine, but I can't help but wish it was more uparmored, evoking the Leviathan a bit more.

Edit: To give it the benefit of the doubt though, I want to see what they look like in person and then make any judgment of what I think of them.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

34 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I think I'll like them a lot better with the little doors closed and the ammo belt removed. If it was a power cable like what's going to the moritat with the volkite weapons, I think it'd be fine, but the ammo belt just doesn't do it for me. I don't think that works visually for this kind of weapon, regardless of 'technically's and all with bolter rounds being propelled.

The Dreadnought is fine, but I can't help but wish it was more uparmored, evoking the Leviathan a bit more.

Edit: To give it the benefit of the doubt though, I want to see what they look like in person and then make any judgment of what I think of them.

The dread is clearly intended to be a redemptor furioso which I’m kinda shocked is a vanilla unit

giving me a throwback back to the suppressor days
I quite liked this conversion someone edited from then, sometimes there really isn't a whole lot wrong just a relatively small thing that just sours the entire thing

szJEFHp.jpeg

4 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

I've been perusing the Internet and I must say the community has drained much of the joy I had at this reveal.

people were rather fond of the aos and killteam stuff, think it's just comes down to the primaris box not hitting the right notes for a bunch of people

1 hour ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

I actually like the belt feed and it looks like it’s easy to attach as well. It really adds some serious oooompfh to the model.

Yeah I don't actually mind the belt feed parts. That sort of thing doesn't bother me at all. Same as Land Raiders with side sponsons when in reality it would probably be a death sentence - it looks cool.

1 hour ago, Urauloth said:

I didn't know you could do this. Looks phenomenal.

I'm actually going to copy that idea. That's beautiful! 

Taking the idea further why not build these but with Gravis bodies? Might be an illegal conversion, but it's sure as hell going to look cool!

Edited by Skywrath

3 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Yeah I don't actually mind the belt feed parts. That sort of thing doesn't bother me at all. Same as Land Raiders with side sponsons when in reality it would probably be a death sentence - it looks cool.

I can see where you're coming from, even if I don't agree right now, which I want to see them. I will pick up the box, so maybe I'll change what I do/don't like about them once I see what they look like in person.

I know I'm a bit late, but I just saw those models. What were they thinking with those Desolators? All they had to do was make a marine sized M-202A FLASH and put a few larger side mounted rocket tubes on it for the larger rockets. Matter of fact, that actually sounds like it could be a solid conversion...

5 minutes ago, Fylo Drakken said:

I know I'm a bit late, but I just saw those models. What were they thinking with those Desolators? All they had to do was make a marine sized M-202A FLASH and put a few larger side mounted rocket tubes on it for the larger rockets. Matter of fact, that actually sounds like it could be a solid conversion...

Thank you for proving a point lol

I think it also didn't help that we had rumours for these for ages so by the time of the release people fully fleshed out their expectations and hopes.

Take the Brutalis for example, general reception seems to be "I expected a bit more" when it is perfectly along the line of the initial description of "melee redemptor with a bit more armour" and not "Leviathan Redemptor in layers of ceramite". It basically has the same amount of more armour that the invictor has less.

2 hours ago, Skywrath said:

No description available.

I take no credit for this, but this was too funny to pass up ahahahah

Hnnngh, longer! Thicker! Moar!

3 hours ago, Skywrath said:

No description available.

I take no credit for this, but this was too funny to pass up ahahahah

Actually now that I've thought about it, one could absolutely build them like this since Agastus comes with 10 of them. So if you build one squad each you're left with 5 of the other bits to graft to the other squad

8 hours ago, Lord Nord said:

I've just been assuming the smaller tubes were the Superfrag and the larger were the Superkrak. So there should be enough bits in the box for a full squad's worth of either. The leaked stats had them working just like most Primaris weapons - the whole squad has to take the same variation.

I really hope that is not the case. I had assumed that they would be able to choose their firing profile each turn, like regular missile launchers. If you have to pick one profile before the start of the battle, that will probably be a hard pass from me.

Thinking about it, I don't think that would work since the squad shown has both types of missile. This implies the squad does not have to take the same variation.