Arbites look cool, they really strike me ( always did ) as a link between various imperial agencies, a Custodes, sororitas and assassins are brought together ( aesthically) if you put arbites between them.

Drukhari seem a bit light on the upgrade bits though.

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised by the Arbites. Perhaps it was just pessimism on my part that I had low expectations when I heard the rumours of another Imperium team while there's still several others out there still stuck with the Compendium (and poor Votann have nothing at all). The style of the armour reminds me in particular of Sisters of Silence, especially that big shoulder pad.

I hope they play as nicely as they look.

Im not too sure, some of the aspects of the Arbites are good, some not so.  I get there is a homage to the old designs going on....but 40K was getting more grimdark than the olden days.  The sgt/leader with the massive helm and the floating loudhailer is a big pass.   Perhaps the set needs a different colour....Im not a great lover of black armour personally.  I like the rest apart from the scooby doo posed dog.

Finally, Misters of Battle. Now to greenstuff some Fleur de Lis on those codpieces.

On a more serious note they are basically perfect, especially since they allegedly come in 3 distinct flavours, one of which is Oops all riot shields.

Edited by Nephaston
caps

I really hope they have made more units of this box than they did Shadowvaults but I fear that the production run would have been fixed months ago.

Whilst the consoles look quite cool, it will be interesting to see if they offer any mechanics other than on / off switches.

Keen to know more about eh breachable walls too.

As for Arbites...I think they will grow on me. I like that their aesthetic is substantially different to previous human factions (other than Sisters as noted above). They feel pretty Dredd to me, looking forward to the YouTube battle reports with poor Stallone voiceovers :biggrin:

Arbites are awesome, I was hoping for something new for Dark Eldar … but in reality was expecting only a smattering of an upgrade sprue… and GW has unfortunately not let me down… :dry:.

at least I’ll get the terrain I need ! I wasn’t going to just buy a double sized box of boarding terrain… I’d rather get this ! 

I didn't expect to say this, but it's a no for me. I really like the extra terrain pieces - I hope GW sells them as a pack once all four KT boxes are out to add to the boarding terrain set and I do need a second pack of the base walls (as I missed out on the second box due to stock) but the actual models aren't inspiring. I wasn't expecting to like the dark Eldar to be honest, nothing in that range has ever done it for me, but I was expecting to like the Arbites and I just don't. I can't put my finger on exactly why, it might e the strong edge rims down the front of the chest and legs and it may be it goes away with a less obnoxious edge highlight job, but I can't see myself fighting to pick up the KT box before it sells out and then I'm not going to buy them full price as a stand alone team.

Edited by Cleon
oh yeah, spacebar...

Arbites are amazing, and aside from the daft names, I love them. The leader with his retro helm is spot on

My only slight issue is the paint job - maybe the undersuit and armour need to contrast more?

I like the idea of breachable terrain.

The Arbites are excellent sculpts, love the Proud Doggo. Drukharii are indistinguishable from basic Kabalites to me, shame.

Just now, jimbo1701 said:

I after a headcount of the whole set pic there are 11 arbites and the doggy in the set. Nice to have a bonus model in there

For a moment I dreaded that GW found another place to cut costs...