2 minutes ago, Legionary Pallas said:

Article on WarCom states: "You can also arm them all as shotgun-toting Vigilants or riot-shielded Subductor squads for use in games of Warhammer 40,000."

Now how easily can they be integrated, is my question. A unit that just slots into an existing loyalist detachment? Agents of the Imperium or whatever the loyalist keyword is? One that requires a patrol? Very curious.

Edited by Khornestar

These will put a magnificent finishing touch on my Planetary Defense Force. Guard squads are already a riotous mix of Necromunda, Catachans, Cadians, Schaffer's Last Chancers, old I-Kore VOID and Blackstone weirdos.

Here's hoping Arbites aren't excluded from riding in any transports, as I'd just wanna jam a maul squad in a chimera to combine / compete with the Kasrkin.

Also be wicked to see them give some kind of LD bonus to nearby Imperium, up to and including just having Field Execution on any Platoon units nearby (?). Might tempt me to run them as infantry lynchpins behind 2-3 basic squads for lulz.

Looking forward to calling my enemies Perps whenever I play with them.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

If stuff like the star striders can get 40k rules, for sure these guys will. There's just no way they wont. Even if this one set would end being extent of it, theres no way at least that wont happen.

What we got works, would work if it just had more body poses..  for the love of everything, just make a primaris scout kill team, GW

How about Primaries Scouts vs. Kids for the Gallowfall box? A nod to Advanced Space Crusade?

I'm not familiar enough with Tyranids to know whether there is an existing box that could take an upgrade sprue (to follow the KT pattern of one new team, one upgraded).

Back on topic, there does seems to be a lot of love on here for the Arbites, which is cool. They are growing on me. I'm not struck on having two black-clad teams, will have to look at the schemes for the Drukhari (I have zero knowledge - to me they are Dark Eldar!).

Having read about the prison ship crashing into the Gallowfall, I'm keen to know more about the 'special prisoner' (did I hear that correctly in the preview?) and whether this ties into a wider AoO arc or purely stands alone. 

Also, the stairs on the board - could there be rules to link to boards together for multi -level play like in Deathwing / Genestealer?

These are really nice models. I like the visual overlap between the arbitrator helmets and the ones worn by crusaders, as well as the similarities with the power armour used by battle sisters and the old metal inquisitor models. A very good modernization of the judges that integrates them with the rest of the Imperium without losing their identity. I like that stubber, too.

The new scenery looks great, breachable walls are a good idea.  Finally that one Kommando has something to do.

18 minutes ago, Urauloth said:

I like the visual overlap between the arbitrator helmets and the ones worn by crusaders

Yep - the design lends a bit more definitively 'roundhead' late medieval vibe that is very appealing. Both are happily consistent with some of the latter Dark Heresy art, which had thus far felt a bit less than completely attached to the mainstream GW art/models.

Definitely bonus points on the updated / fancy metal stubber.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

4 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Based on the puns for these boxset names, could Gallowfall include the Fallen? Upgrades for the Horus Heresy MK3, or even a new kit? 

I was wondering if they might tie in the AoO with the last kill team box, the timing makes sense and it is a space hulk, which the Arks also happen to be. Would be a neat connection!

Love everything they have done with kill team this edition. Excited to see what comes for the final set this season - should follow the pattern of a new kit and an upgrade set. 

next season I really hope they focus on some new Xenos type terrain. 

Palanites don't have access to heavy weapons but generally they would work ok.

I'm more bothered about their armour than their guns. They appear to be wearing carapace armour to me so they don't really fit. I suppose you could say it's Hardened Flak Armour at a push.

I'm hoping that one of the Cinderak books introduces them and the setting certainly warrants (pun intended) them being introduced what with Helmwyr at death's door and a succession war happening..

10 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Based on the puns for these boxset names, could Gallowfall include the Fallen? Upgrades for the Horus Heresy MK3, or even a new kit? 

I was operating under the assumption that it would simply be the "fall of gallowdark", but a chaos-adjacent firstborn team could work quite well, and would be a better scale for their actions then full blown 40k. Add in the ark of omen [Lion] crossover, and it does seem to fit quite nicely.

What would you have across from them? Gravis or bladewatch deathwing perhaps? Weren't we expecting lictors at one stage?

3 hours ago, jimbo1701 said:

Love everything they have done with kill team this edition. Excited to see what comes for the final set this season - should follow the pattern of a new kit and an upgrade set. 

next season I really hope they focus on some new Xenos type terrain. 

Yeah I was really excited they'd do some extra xenos or Chaos terrain when they did the ork stuff, but they've already done a lot of aeldari and chaos stuff without it happening so I probably wouldn't jump for anything they did now.

hmm. Naming wise:

into the dark - more related to the scene shifting to the cramped confines of a space hulk and a word play on the name of said hulk: gallow dark. 

Shadowvaults - loose associations with darkness theme continuing - one could relate vaults to necrons. 

soulshackle - very much linked to the contents of the set - soul (drukhari snacks) and shackle (arbites)

gallowfall - related to the name of the space hulk and the season coming to an end and little else I suspect. Good shout as to whether the new kit could be a fallen one linking into the wider AoO narrative though. 

We are due more of the same scenery, hopefully more unique accessories as per the rest of the season, one new kit and one upgraded kit. Looking at what has come so far this edition:

(Where u is upgrade and n is new kit)

space marines - 1u

astra militarum - 2n 

custodes - 0

sisters - 1n

admech - 0 

other imperium - 2n

knights - n/a

genecults - 0

tyranids - 0

orks - 1n

tau - 1u, 1n 

Aeldari - 1n (as in their codex)

drukhari - 1u

Necrons - 1u

votann - 0 

chaos marines - 1u, 1n (counting traitor guard)

thousand sons - 0

death guard - 0

chaos daemons - 0

chaos knights - n/a

whether or not this helps to identify what kits might be next I don’t know. I’m very much hoping the next season brings more new terrain as season 1 had 2 new ranges of scenery (orks / imperial) and this season has been full of new scenery. Also, 2 of the 4 boxes from season 1 were names to correspond with the warzones / gt occurring in the 40k narrative so perhaps they will tie in once 10th gets going? (Although hopefully the first year won’t need gt packs)

Edited by jimbo1701

A Fallen kill team in Gallowfall would be awesome, that's something I'm hoping happens and I'd be looking forward to.

There hasn't been any Chaos this year/season, so I think there's a pretty good chance they'll be in the next box in some fashion.

3 hours ago, Pert said:

When are we thinking this will drop? Prob in the next few weeks right

World Eaters next week, but I bet it's the week after. GMG said it's next Boarding Actions batrep would feature 'Space Cops' so if influencers have received their copies it can't be far away.

Edited by Lord Marshal

The classic unit to find in a space hull would be genestealers, and they’d be up against terminators. Maybe instead now they’d face heavy intercessors - or I suppose that would be the coolest way of introducing the new terminator kit - if there was one. Actually though, terminators in KT would be a bit strange. 

it’s cool the arbitrators can all be given shields. Somehow though these guys just aren’t my favourite models. They seem a little robotic somehow, though that might be due to how they’ve been built and painted. The shields should really be about 50% bigger too, though I suppose that’s an issue with sprue space. 

Arbites are pretty good - a nod to Judge Dredd/200AD without being a blatent rip off/
I dont care at all for the dark eldar though - never been a huge fan of them so this box is probably not one for me.

I'd love to see them do a mission dreadnaught box or option

Been looking at these images for a few days now.....still not 100% convineced.  Though i have sussed what the look of them reminds me of....the helms in particular make them look like male versions of the sisters of battle.

Edited by beefeb

On 1/27/2023 at 6:09 PM, Shinespider said:

I actually do think that it would be very healthy for the game if GW carved out a space for factions that aren't really meant to be played on scales larger than combat patrol.

This could be coupled with enhanced allies rules, giving these factions a space on 2,000 point boards by pairing them with another, larger faction. 

And there is precedent. All the way back in 3rd Edition Warhammer Fantasy Battle there were a few factions that only existed as Ally Contingents.

I can’t remember if Arbites got a stat-line in the Rogue Trader rulebook, but they were a unit entry in the Inquisition/Grey Knight army list which appeared in Slaves to Darkness. The drawing does not show the Judge Dredd-style helmet though.

Edited by LameBeard