6 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Nice work. It's details like that which really make a model :smile: 

Thanks so much! This project has been a dream of mine since i first saw the old ammobunker forum. I want each miniature to tell a little story, and like you said, these details are what does that (at least in my mind). One of the things I have loved about 40k since basically my introduction to the hobby in 1996, is that everything is a relic. It's been fun working our how to show that on each suit of armour, and each vehicle (more so, considering that I absolutely hate painting tanks)

17 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

keep up the great work! I really like the grim and grimy look of the models and all the individualism you got into them

Thanks! It’s taking a long time but it’s very rewarding creating all of these mythical warriors 

ive decided to add some gloss varnish to the armour in tribute to retro John Blanche work. It will be toned down with oils and weathering in the future 

8AD45914-9C16-431A-A972-423888C48FB8.jpeg

38 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Glorious! Where did you get the helmet holding arm? Guessing the helmet is just a spare head you had lying around. I think I recognise the Stormcast body you've used, an Lord exorcist?

The helmet and a power fist is actually a piece from the masters  of the chapter minis from 4th ed( I think). It’s a really cool set

if you’ve never seen them check ‘‘em out 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Terminatorinhell said:

I like these, are they loyalist BA? What's the story of the nurgly guy

Yeah, they’re loyalist. I’ve used quite a lot of nurgle stuff, as well as stormcast and other bits to try to represent other armour marks. The plague marines are a pretty good size next to primaris for embiggened mk3 

10 hours ago, Terminatorinhell said:

I mean I get it but the guy still looks really nurgly / dark souls like lol

To be fair, this army really blurs the lines between traditional space marine aesthetics and a more evil vibe. I posted an old John Blanche illustration a few pages ago where the death company look almost chaotic