Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

Sweet as hell mate! :P

Cant wait to se more of them lovely hydras either :D hehe.. Btw thous wraits look awesome withe your army allot of spookyness about them and the deamon turned out fantastic!

and your sneekpeak got me curious as i saw the bolter there.. though id guess its a forge word one for some reason and the other part of the picture i cant gusess sadly as i know most parts there is but migt be awesome non the less as it is you behind the seens after all :( wickedly awesome and nice work you have done with all of your fantastic and beautiful army and theme in it all!

Humbly bows in your pressens and honur!

Cheers and salute mate!

I'm not too concerned with keeping this much of a secret so here he is...

I see bolters on the back of a lightning claw... Do my little Nostramon eyes spy a Count's as Abaddon in the making?

Point for Noctus Cornix

gallery_31335_1757_28841.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_46011.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_9235.jpg

He started off as a Night Lord stand in for Logan but Nephren-Ka talked me into trying an Abaddon out. I switched the original model's fist for the claw and did some work on the axe to make it fitting for a Drach'nyen stand in. His personal Icon is on the top of his armor and he is using the Lotd sergeant helmet. He is the new 18th Co. chaplain.

I stink at writing my fluff so i'm trying to do it all at once. Everything was modeled with ideas in mind but i haven't been putting them into the posts that much. Fluff to follow.

Wicked Fetus

The autocannons were made using Terminator reaper autocannon arms and shortening the barrels. I added some bolter grips to the front so they could be held with two hands and used the IG autocannon drum to top it off.

Dan

wow it really looks nice all together like that.

Zhufor/abaddon/Nightlord chap is coiming along nicely. I like how you have incorparated the world eater teeth then put the legion number there.

Ace.

EDIT: The DP base matches the board now too.

Edited by Yogi

Zhufor/abaddon/Nightlord chap is coming along nicely. I like how you have incorporated the world eater teeth then put the legion number there.

You know I knew I was screwing something up when I did that. I figured the numerals were looking funny because of the teeth, or maybe there were off alignment. Then I remembered that V is 5 and X is 10, and I had screwed the numbers up after posting the pictures.

The problem has since been fixed, however I leave humbling proof here that I did screw it up.

Thanks Firestorm40K. Taurus marines are still in the works!

Dan

this is awsome it makes me sad cause im stuck in a rut and cant seem to get in the mood to paint my bikes or model my termies :blink:

Looking forwardto see your abbaddon painted have u got a name for him yet?

Hey there Brother Dan,

Great work here. Very inspiring. As a staunch loyalist, I can say that you are tempting me to dark side of chaos. I love the conversions, and how every model has character. Good job on the paint job to, love all the work.

Now I must purge my soul of the taint of chaos.

Paladin asked me a little bit ago how I did some of the Saw bolters. I regret to say that i wasn't able to make a wonderful tutorial with labeled steps and directions, I was able to make this though.

gallery_31335_1757_26129.jpg

You need some pretty serious bits in order to do this.

2 x bolters

1 x bolter drum (terminator, heavy bolter, etc)

1 x plasmagun stock

...scopes, bi pods, flash suppressors.

my hand got caught in a dogfight and looks like chewed up gum. can't do too much carving right now.

gallery_31335_1757_764.jpg

Oh....

gallery_31335_3800_1572.jpg

Edited by Dan The Deamon

I spent the better part of 2 days reading the six hundred and sixty odd responses in your thread.

Breathtaking.

Thank you for sharing your models, tips, experiences and passion.

Been there, Done that. Good thing it never gets old. :woot:

What,

No one has remarked on the Raptor helmet sculpt?

Then I will!

It looks like you used your experience with sculpting the lord's helmet and took it one step further.

Now this one I like, compared Lord's which I found a bit goofy to me. I cannot wait to see more of the new one(s).

Good luck with your hand Dan.

Edited by Brother Nihm

my hand got caught in a dogfight and looks like chewed up gum. can't do too much carving right now.

Ummm, damn. :o

I am very sorry to hear that indeed - especially after the tutorial pic you just made for us. Which is excellent.

Sternguard bolters ahoy!

This is great work Dan, and I know you don't need me to tell you that. If I may offer constructive criticism, I think Abbadon's wing axe is a bit too small for a terminator weapon. A larger blade (but not much larger) would go a long way to completing that amazing conversion.

This is great work Dan, and I know you don't need me to tell you that. If I may offer constructive criticism, I think Abbadon's wing axe is a bit too small for a terminator weapon. A larger blade (but not much larger) would go a long way to completing that amazing conversion.

Drudge thanks for the constructive feedback and the kind words. I'm glad you mentioned the axe head being on the small side as I begun to think the same thing when working on it. I decided to keep carving to define the shape, and reduce it's size, in order to present the theme I was going for in the finished piece. The fluff behind this guy would be really good right about now, but i can't seem to get it done.

After the 18th Co gained the War-master's approval in the post Bhaltemoor genocide he gifted the ancient suit of terminator armor to the company. The suit was then filled by the most devout brother of the Immortal Terrors, one who had lost 95% of his squad to conflict and re-assignment. He is to be the new acting Chaplain for the 18th.

(this A-hole, 1st Squad SGT)

gallery_31335_1757_22485.jpg

He swapped his armor out and fashioned his Crozius out of his old glave, which while big and cool was, too big and not very cool.

(lame poorly written fluff over)

I went for a more delicate feel to this mini for a number of reasons. First it is a forgeworld suit and is incredibly detailed and sharp, I used Zhufor's neutral stance (which i was too afraid to carve up) to keep his weapons and pose somewhat gentle. I didn't want his axe to be so much a weapon, as much as his badge and wanted the attention on his claw/talon. Twofold, to ensure his acceptance as a Abby 'counts-as' and to differenciate him from that other War-leaders(terminators).

So on that note drudge I value your advice and i'm glad you saw the potential daintiness of the weapon. I'm hoping when he is painted black and bone with a crozius the theme will be there.

Edited by Dan The Deamon