Night Lords 18th Battle Company (Treadhead)

Howdy!

Figured since I have internet now I might as well post my C&C on here.

First off WOW! that head is Amazing! you gotta cast that! and I love the use of the old lord arm, I take it this the unit champ? all in all its the chest that makes the model for me, I dont know what it is I just think it brings the model together.

Love it cant wait to see the unit come together (and get painted)! though you are bound to receive more flak for not having claw feet, youll get none from me , I hate claw feet. :)

Yeah i'm not sure about the helmet. i sat with the past two codeci or whatever in front of me when i made it, but when stuck it on the mini it kind of looks weird. Huh

My comment wasn't meant negativly. He's intimidating as hell! I'd love a tutorial on this sculpt, actually, if you get a chance. Air Assault, bro.

May I ask where the claws from the Chaos Lord are from? I've been looking but I can't really find where they come from.

Cheers,

Ludovic

EDIT: And I hope that your hand will get better soon! :(

Edited by Battle-Brother Ludovic

gallery_31335_1757_42683.jpg

Drudge is right, they are flayed one claws carved up a bit and stuck on marine hands. the model's right had is from the vehicle accessory bolter arms, and this picture shows the left before I changed it. His new hand is from the Devastator box, a pointed finger hand with the flayed one claws coming from the back of his hand.

gallery_31335_1757_130587.jpg

I'll get the raptor from the car and get some more angles.

Oh and the hand is much better. The tip of my pinky finger has lost some feeling and won't bend properly, but it was really just there for show anyways.

Here is my Mk3 raptor head (Mk3 for third attempt). It wasn't coming out as well as i would have liked so i scrapped it and went for Mk4, the spartan.

gallery_31335_1757_9024.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_37414.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_12080.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_13145.jpg

I'm still not sure how I feel about this helmet. My first couple of tries failed because i didn't like the original raptor helmet style. these past two i finally broke down and decided to try and stick with the artwork as much as possible. I think it's pretty accurate, there is still some work to do but i'm still not sure.

Opinions?

Edited by Dan The Deamon

This thread does two things to me.

It makes me want to write (which is good) and makes me never want to touch another model (which is bad).

Flawless work, dude.

There fantastic models arn't they !!

These and your books made me have to paint some Nightlords of my own and try and do a Telos :wacko:

Wow Dan, that counts as Abbadon is impressive, but your Raptors are amazing. I love the helmets, sure a couple of them look a little odd, but I think that's cause they're different. The mini's screams of bad-assedness. The fist holding the shattered helmet is inspired and I love the ise of the possesed helmet on the third one.

James

Not check this topic out in a bit & I miss so much. Well done on the award trutly well worth it & earn through the hard work, your army really fit in with the background/theme.

It topics like these that remind me why I like going onto fourms. I do not want to see million of topic of people moan about GW be it rules or price or moan for the sake of it.

I want to see topic like these, base of brillaint painted, converted armies that will give me idea for my own stuff, like this very topic :P

Damn, now you've temp me to start a Night Lord force after seach for another Chaos force to collect ;) Ever model been cool & full of ideas :D

The Raptor look cool, I never been a fan of the current models. But your conversion look a lot better

Are you going to make any object marker for this army, if you not already done so. Be really nice to model some object marker for the Night Lords.

IP

Wow Dan... I love your work, every single piece! The new raptor head looks spot on IMO. The best part is the "arrow" on the forehead as it adds loads of flavour to the mini. Great work all the way through

I don't now what more to add but, truley inspirational to all of us and superb quality, top notch mate keep it up! :)

Man, you guys rock. I ask for some opinions and I get a ton of good stuff. I'm going to probably make a new helmet for each raptor. i thought pretty hard about casting up one or two, but i think that would be the easy way out. I guess we'll see what happens in a week or two if i'm tired of making them.

Insane Psychopath, I had some ideas for objectives but never got around to making them. I have a hard time letting something fall into enemy hands that my Night Lords are in desperate need of, So it's been a challenge to think of something to make an objective out of. Mainly because I will probably never secure them and get tabled instead.

This thread does two things to me.

It makes me want to write (which is good) and makes me never want to touch another model (which is bad).

I think we may have dug this hole a little deep then...

gallery_31335_1757_26261.jpg

gallery_31335_1757_30374.jpg

I've been dying to replicate this guy in some way. There's something about his pose which just reeks of power, speed, and superiority.

Dan

Edited by Dan The Deamon

Wickedly cool! Locks like the calm before he explodes in action and wrecking som bloody carnge! Sweet :D Hi hi.. awesome to see you back with some new and wicked models!! sorry to hear about your had gettin a bitt busted up.. but good to hear its mending fine and good for you! and by the looks of the new models here id say it heals pretty darn good too! :lol: p.s I realy liked the 1´st raptor helm you did show there with the arrow on top of the skull plate! looks a bitt sinister ;) and makin individual heads for the raptors can be raly sweet and full of caracter too and your army is full of that too.. ;)

One thought tho.. Do i see two shampions sofar or is the new one an ordinary raptor? Or did you say some where that you are using the BA-Codex for the awesome models of yours and in that case is this a Vanguard Raptors squad ? :)

Brilliant anyway!!!

Cheers and bows humbly in your honur!