yes, definitely your best work yet!

You seem to work very quickly-- if you could make the choice to slow down and do 2 thin coats for every 1 you do now, your painting would jump another couple of notches. You have natural color and composition sense. Keep it up, man!

yes, definitely your best work yet!

You seem to work very quickly-- if you could make the choice to slow down and do 2 thin coats for every 1 you do now, your painting would jump another couple of notches. You have natural color and composition sense. Keep it up, man!

If I did 2 coats for every 1 I do now then the dreads bone armour would have had 12 coats :lol:

A lot of the surface irregularities on it are less to do with the thickness of the paint and more to do with slight damage to the model caused by the previous owner, which I didn't notice until I was 3 coats in, so I was loath to start again.

Cheers for the props though :)

@ deathspectersgt7 - I am in complete agreement with you, just never get around to getting a micron pen :lol:

• 3 months later...

Hello all long time no work :lol:

Been stupidly busy these past few months with matters various, but I am currently in the middle of a brief quietish period and thought I'd make myself known again.

So here are a couple of pics.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1454670.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1474102.jpg

First half of a 10 man Assault Squad done bar Iconography.

Trying to ease myself back into hobby stuff after not doing any for a while :)

Cheers mate :)

Just gonna finish this squad, then I've got a Dread to rebuild and some characters to build and paint finally followed by a Landspeeder (that I will pick up at some point) which will finish out the assault element.

After that I've got a lot of iconography to sort out, followed by army shots at which time I'll consider these guys done and dusted :)

Thinking maybe a bit of 30K afterwards, of the burninating variety :devil: And maybe my Chaos army can be dusted off.

I'm looking at the long view :lol:

Yep, though they were almost abandoned in favour of something a little more firey & logical ;) this has however changed.

Anywho, I just thought I'd show this off for all my fellow old school types to get misty eyed over.

med_gallery_39897_5762_18368.jpg

Oh it gets better.....

med_gallery_39897_5762_300085.jpg

Only the Goblin Green & Snakebite Leather had been used and then only once each!

I was lucky enough to be given this free of charge by a family friend who had it in his loft for the past 15 years. You can't beat this old stuff, which is still in pristine workable condition :D

Finding it a struggle getting the next 5 Assault Marines done, finding that my brush control has gone to the dogs and that my patience for White is still very short :lol:

But I'm about halfway there, heres a pic of the current mess.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1499325.jpg

More soon ;)

That photo of the paints is bringing back some very fond memories of my second edition Tyranid army. I'll never forget my family trip to Vancouver, and our stop at the GW store -- the only one in Western Canada at the time I believe. I remember flipping through the Space Wolves Codex and wishing my family could just have left me there all day. OH THE DAYS! Thanks for posting that :)

Yep, though they were almost abandoned in favour of something a little more firey & logical ;) this has however changed.

Anywho, I just thought I'd show this off for all my fellow old school types to get misty eyed over.

med_gallery_39897_5762_18368.jpg

Oh it gets better.....

med_gallery_39897_5762_300085.jpg

Only the Goblin Green & Snakebite Leather had been used and then only once each!

I was lucky enough to be given this free of charge by a family friend who had it in his loft for the past 15 years. You can't beat this old stuff, which is still in pristine workable condition :D

hehe nice, i have one just like it, use it to transport my current paints, its not nearly as nice and new looking as yous, but i think its hideing in the background of some of my pictures i posted, still use the old paints too, and some of them have tthese specific smells that triggers memorys of sitting with a friend of mine painting gretchins and orks for he first time

Sat down tonight to do some more work on these, first chance I've had since uploading that last pic, and this is where they stand

med_gallery_39897_5762_330818.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1126493.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_140518.jpg

Bit rough around the edges, but they'll do :)

Going to actually do some iconography tomorrow as well as finish the jump packs so I can stick them on.

Nice work brother, good to see these bad boys getting some love again!

I love those old paint sets, had one of the originals will the round tall pots with a great guide to painting space marines, all RTB01's, back when blood angels were still orange!

Oh where have the years gone!

I still have a few White Dwarfs from the BA Orange days, never got hold of any of the paints from then though and keep getting sniped on ebay whenever a set comes up :lol:

Got several of the ones from the McVey days though as well as the set.

Anywho, progress has been made again, which is good as my interest has been swerved toward a large metal model which I won't be able to show here, so I needed to get the guys done.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1855272.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1359493.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_490562.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1801614.jpg

So there you go, one full Assault Squad :D

Not sure what I'm gonna do next, probably some work on a tall fiery xenos :P but that will be an inbetween project and I will have some B&C relevant stuff up soon :)

C&C as usual.

Well I still hate painting White :lol:

Bought some oil paints today as I want to start experimenting with oil washes, couldn't get any mineral/white spirits though so opted for what was available which was "eco spirit" which is apparently a more environmentally friendly version. Suffice it to say that it didn't work with the oils at all :(

So the current project is on hold till I can get some of the toxic stuff, would also be good if I could find Pledge Multi-surface Wax anywhere but apparently it is made of dreams and fairydust :lol:

Anyway, I will return soon with some details and pics of my current labour of hate ;)

Remember this guy?

med_gallery_39897_5762_1678250.jpg

Well he's had some work done.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1734096.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_13666.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_373564.jpg

Plenty more to do, but I'm really pleased with how well it's going so far.

Shame that the previous primer has pretty much bonded to the plastic, but I'm gonna try and get the repaint as smooth as possible.