As a break from a bit of Xenos dalliance I've been working on this, which is now done bar the basing.

med_gallery_39897_5762_868338.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_519045.jpg

Was in pretty bad shape when I started as it was originally painted in 1998 :lol:

I swapped it a few years ago and recently purchased it back along with some Ravenwing Bikes as the person I swapped with decided to focus on a Deathwing army and therefore didn't need them.

More to come soon :)

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48UXBPXfKcE

Well soon was a long time in coming, but I've had some health issues which gave me a really bad case of the shakes and made painting near impossible.

The worst of it seems to be over and I've been able to get some stuff done, so here it is :smile.:

Vanguard Squad - With a little bit of dodgy fluff to accompany each member, see if you can spot yourself :wink:

med_gallery_39897_5762_1699246.jpg

Sergeant

med_gallery_39897_5762_81167.jpg

Sergeant Aquilanus

Nicknamed "The Templar" due to his habit of holding vigil with his armaments for at least 48 hours before battle, he has embraced this by embellishing his armour with templar crosses.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1390535.jpg

G'riz "The Bare"

Known for eschewing his helmet as it "gets in the way", a marksman who would be in the Sternguard if not for his penchant for all out assault.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1792901.jpg

Tellos "The Malevolent"

Earned his nickname due to an encounter with the Marines Malevolent Chapter whilst he was in the Scout Company, after which he seemed to take on some of their less desirable idiosyncracies including looting. This is where he acquired the Officers braid he always wears into battle.

med_gallery_39897_5762_1597587.jpg

Stev "The Ancient"

One of the oldest in the Chapter, bar some dreadnoughts, Stev does not like changes in routine and doesn't see the point in using anything but a bolt pistol and chainsword to smite the Emperor's foes, everything else is just frippery.

med_gallery_39897_5762_842443.jpg

"Deathspectre"

During implantation his betchers gland implant failed and destroyed his vocal chords, since no one in the squad, bar the Sgt knows his name he has been called "Deathspectre" As his silent attack brings that old superstition of the reaper to mind.

med_gallery_39897_5762_88122.jpg

Semp'r "The Cannon"

Formerly a member of the 3rd Companies 2nd Devastator squad he was promoted to the Vanguard after engaging a demi squad of renegades and beating them to death with his weapon, he is nicknamed "The Cannon" after the beloved plasma cannon which helped earn him his position in the squad.

Space Wolf

med_gallery_39897_5762_989527.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1155960.jpg

Was given this by a friend visiting from Canada, to my great surprise. Love this model :laugh.:

Was started before the shakes got really bad, but finished when they were pretty bad, took a lot of concentration and I'm still not happy with it so I may repaint in the future.

Anyway thats it for now, except for my last 4 Cultists which have been boxed up.

At some point I will start doing army shots as, barring my DIY I now have 3 Complete armies of at least 2000 points, though I think the new BA Dex may make my Tearers illegal :furious:

Catch you later guys :thumbsup:

Edited by Razblood

I'm currently working on a christmas present for a friend to accompany his fantasy ogres which are all modelled on Marvel Comics characters.

It is the Ogryn I showed a while ago with some subtle modification. I'll post some pics when it's done.

Catch you later ;)

Heres my Techmarine!

Wanted him to look oily and grubby so I made up some black magic wash, which worked a treat.

med_gallery_39897_5762_866009.jpg#

Currently got 2 Tactical Squads for my White Stars on the go as well as some other bits & bobs, I'll have some more pics soon :tu:

• 2 months later...

It's been a while as I just wasn't interested in painting due to how much pain I was in.

Health problems are now being taken in hand so therefore I've found my mojo again.

Here's a little something I finished last week.

med_gallery_39897_5762_343554.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_828270.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_1170321.jpg

Used oils for the weathering but went a bit overboard, though I do like the result :)

I have a White Stars Tactical squad near completion and will have them up before the end of this week, then another squad will be in progress straight after.

I also will be posting my thoughts on Vallejo Game Color in General PCA as I've just had the opportunity to use them in concert with the inks.

See yuo on the flip side guys/gals/humanoids :tu:

White Stars squad is 90% complete but will have to wait, as I found some bits I completely forgot I had and just had to build and paint a squad out of them.

Also just got 4 Assault Marines and a metal Veteran with Lightning Claws for a really good price on ebay so I will be doing some work on them as time permits, my manager is on his second 2 week holiday in 3 weeks :furious: so work is a bit time consuming.

I will have pics of the new squad up tomorrow (well today really :laugh.: ) and may just finish the White Star squad to the usual point and get some pics of them up too.

Also got some nice resin bike bases off ebay for Edited by Razblood

Ever since the new BA Dex arrived I have been considering ways of making my Flesh Tearers legal under the new regime.

I had resigned myself to weapon swaps on my Assault Squad on foot when I happened to find the solution to my problem in a bits box I had stashed away a while ago.

And here is that solution...

med_gallery_39897_5762_1046845.jpg

Sarge - need a new pic here.

med_gallery_39897_5762_285050.jpg

Nowhere - is usually nowhere to be found

med_gallery_39897_5762_712363.jpg

med_gallery_39897_5762_471948.jpg

Dev - Always have extra ammo

med_gallery_39897_5762_758978.jpg

Rin - Caution means survival

med_gallery_39897_5762_661429.jpg

Murphy - Forget caution, aggression means victory

med_gallery_39897_5762_160388.jpg

Silva - Walk softly and yadda yadda

med_gallery_39897_5762_1336299.jpg

Glad I found these as it's a nice little expansion for the army and I'm happy with how they look (the pictures don't do them justice)

Also....

New bike

med_gallery_39897_5762_1765450.jpg

This will be going on one of the new bases along with the next and the Ravenwing too.

Comments and Crits welcome :)

Cheers, the LSS parts have so much more personality, heads are still crap though :laugh.:

Gonna finish the bike squad up to 3-man then the Tearers are pretty much done until I get a DC Dread, I was only ever going for 2000pts worth and think I've gone past that now. So DC Dread will be the last addition.

DA are much the same, not much to add to them as I'm not much of a fan of their newer stuff.

White Stars are 3 Tactical Squads and a few vehicles away from completion.

Chaos won't get much else added bar Abby & Bodyguard & Ahriman and some Rubrics.

I'm running out of stuff to do!?!

Either be Wolves, Templars or Heresy Salamanders next....although I could do a small Guard army.....or maybe Brazen Claws.....

Edited by Razblood

Well here's the start of my new project.

med_gallery_39897_5762_958978.jpg

Heres a closer look

med_gallery_39897_5762_1174027.jpg

Lots more to do here as I've only got the Red & Blue done, now it's detailing time.

Though I'm a bit stuck as to where to put his company colour as it's supposed to be the chest eagle.

There are another 4 marines to go after this and that will be my first squad.

Anyway, comments & Criticism always welcome ;)

Ok, question time.....

Should I paint the helmet entirely red (bar the white stripe) as this guy is a Vet. Sgt in a codex adherent Chapter?

Also I'm planning to add a stage to the highlights as he's looking a bit flat.

3rd stage of highlights are done and the red & blue are ready for their glazes also lightning claws have been wet blended from orange to near white.

I have decided that this will be a 4th Company force under Captain Firius Ghad (who has a very small amount of existing fluff) and they have a bit of an issue with bionics, they don't like them and will only have them out of necessity, which puts them at odds with pretty much all the other sons of Manus.

I figured out that I can use the Sarge's loincloth/half tabard to denote the company colour so that will be applied once the glazes are done.

I also already have the model for Captain Ghad as well as a Librarian so progress abounds :D

I'll post an update pic on the Sarge soon, but I'm taking my time with this army and am planning on doing no more than 2 models at once for it at a time so it's gonna take a while.