Lorenzen's Abyss: Heresy, Necro & a load of other stuff

Lorenzen

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/284/3/f/selvayn_mors_by_typhion-d5hh7gh.jpg

almost done with mors now, i think a light highlight to the metallics and finishing of the back side of him is all thats really left now, then its back on to tacticals for a bit.

c&c as always is muchly appreciated.

glory to the reaper primarch!

That guy is beautiful although, as mentioned above the Gold does get a little lost against the armour maybe darkening the Gold and then highlighting so it is a little starker? Edited by Martok

Awesome stuff, Lorenzen! Just an FYI as well, bare ceramite is actually bone colored, so Death Guard actually didn't paint a good portion of their armor (except the green trim, obviously), so you're doing it right.

Fantastic! Couple of suggestions/thoughts - maybe add extra weathering to the green shoulder pads (so it looks chipped like the rest of the armour) and I wonder if the scythe handle leather strapping might look better the same shade of leather as the pteruges?

Can't wait to see more!

the scythe handle is imho cloth not leather.. dunno why just is! ;)

the shoulders are fw's fault, im not doing any more to them until i get some damn deathguard transfers (which i will then weather over)

Excellent. The gold really pops now, lookin' sexy. As BH, the quartered shield is a nice little touch. Can't wait for more tacticals. Also, when are you going to get on your characters/leaders for your army?! That's what I want to see.

Cheers, looking forward to seeing what you do next, and for my stupid Betrayal book to finally arrive...

the scythe handle is imho cloth not leather.. dunno why just is! ;)

the shoulders are fw's fault, im not doing any more to them until i get some damn deathguard transfers (which i will then weather over)

Cool.

Ah yes, of course.

I saw FW's reply to you on FB, so hopefully not long to wait for the transfers.

im working to the idea of 5 guys then something cool & i want to take my time to plan out my characters as i have to be subtle with them to fit the death guard aesthetic.

im interested in seeing if fw allow a moritat to wield dual plasm pistols and if they do would consider using one & a squad of destroyers.

i need to place an order for some parts, but waiting on those transfers to do so, then itll be full swing on trying to outdo all my previous sculpting attempts

Update time..

first off i have the start of my first character, he needs loads more work done to him and the miliput to dry so i can sand it into not looking all wibbly and crap.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/288/2/6/siege_breaker_by_typhion-d5hvhhl.jpg

once all thats done i can start sorting out the rest of him (working the mk7 elbow into a mk 3 one & making him a little more deathguardy.

but because i dont have any paint done since last time & forgeworld wont ship any of my goodies till november 2nd i thought id put something up with a bit of colour..

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/288/a/f/angry________by_typhion-d5hvhvx.jpg

rawr!

Wow. That is a magnificent paint job on Angron's head. I really like the red markings and the metallics look great too. The flesh looks almost life-like :huh:

Keep up the amazing work!

Ludovic

yeah what he said (im always on the look out for different bare heads, i run out too quickly trying to make my bare faced marines unique to the rest of their army.. hard when you're doing a company of silver guys!)

anyhoo more update..

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/288/0/6/contempt_by_typhion-d5hw88v.jpg

bet none of you saw that coming! :devil: im waiting on the death guard contemptor to be released, but decided i wanted two.. and that the normal one wouldnt look right next to his mate.. and thusly we have this guy so far.. most of the shapes are just blocked in.. the big circle will eventually be the death guard logo, and ill neaten up his vox grill/vent thing.

That is a great idea to change up the look of your contemptor for your Death Guard. He will fit right in when you are done. Have you tried any of the masters of the chapter bare heads for your marines yet? They look great and are slightly smaller than the plastic ones which looks a little more in scale for some marines. I don't really have any critiques of your work. Your stuff always looks really well converted, sculpted and painted as far as I'm concerned so I guess I'll just suggest that you keep posting your inspirational work for the rest of us to look at.

cheers dude, i've used one of the masters of the chapter heads on my terminator sergeant as it was a little smaller and "a bit" closer to the scale of the cataphractii bare head, i use anything i can lay my grubby hands on most of the time.

as far as a tutorial goes, are there any bits in particular you would like to know about? (cant do a step by step guide for 90% of it seeing as i dont have a spare contemptor lying about! i can explain most of it though)

DUDE. Yes. Loving that characters. He's so... stoically badass. Also, DAT ANGRON. That's freaking awesome. I like it better than the official Forgeworld one, that's so sweet. Also, that Contemptor is shaping up beautifully, I like the conversion work you're doing on him to give him a more Death Guard aesthetic. How are you going to arm him, out of curiosity?

multimelta and graviton gun *points below*

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/289/a/2/contemptor_by_typhion-d5hzeyk.jpg

still lots to do on him, need to make the bottom fit the top half more, am thinking of adding banding onto some of the armour in a similar manner to mk3 & the cataphractii termies.. other than that maybe a torn up tabbard and a whole ass load of rivets.. maybe some studs too as a nod to his brother to be.

*im going to remove the miliput from the top of his helm.. i dont think it looks right*

Edited by Lorenzen