Yup, it's one of the old dark elf plastics - the last version of the warriors. If you make crossbow-elves, you end up with loads of these spare...This is just one of 5-6 awesome designs.

There's an image here - the spear blades make really, really cool swords.

http://miniset.net/files/set/gw-99120212001_4.jpg

Edited by Xenith

So, after showing Sir Obv some squad markings I did a while ago, I got looking back through my army, and am pleased with the (slow) progress I've made over the years.

The models I was most proud of in 2008-2009, when I had first started dabbling with freehand and reclaiming my first tactical marines from the 3rd ed boxed set from their initial paint job, hence the thickness. Little highlighting on anything but characters, I was still obsessed with the GW red ink, and I was unsure of what I wanted to do with the chest eagle, just that I didn't want them to be black. These guys were the foundation of my renewed BA army after playing Chaos then Eldar for almost a decade.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/4th%20Co%203rd%20Sq/PC220397.jpghttp://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Mechxen/Blood%20Angels/4th%20Co%204th%20Squad/DSCF0821_zps390c3c99.jpg

And in 2016, 8 years later...these are the ones I am most proud of, despite not being quite finished.

gallery_58096_11862_497091.jpg

Still working on the freehand, but everyone gets highlights. It's not all me, though: the GW base coat paints and layers are amazing, making good results easy to achieve, and the kits are gorgeous.

Anyway, that's enough nostalgia for one day...

ETL Vow

I, Xenith, accept the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and hereby vow to complete the below models for the Blood Angels Sub Forum, on or before the 15th August. Successful completion of my vow shall see me reap great reward and renown, however failure will see me consumed by the rage, and consigned to the ranks of the death company until my vow is avenged.

1100pts total.

HQ

120 Brother Corbulo

125 Librarian, ML2 (Sculpted Epistolary heraldry) TDA, combi plasma

Troops

195 pts 10 tactical marines, heavy flamer, flamer, veteran serge with hand flamer, power weapon, melta bomb

Elites

285pts 6x Vanguard, serge with power fist, relic blade, grav pistol, 2x storm shields, 2x power fists, 2x lightning claw, jump packs

Fast Attack

90 Razorback, TL plasma gun, lascannon, storm bolter (the rest of the models in the image are for other vows)

75 Land Speeder, typhoon

Heavy Support

145 Baal Predator Heavy Bolters, dozer blade, storm bolter.

65 Whirlwind

I'll be keeping a record of my progress here, then adding completion photos to the main page.

I'd say you made the CORRECT choice:

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Blood_Angel_Land_Speeder_(Classic).gif

1) Sweet.

2) I need that model.

Looking good Xenith. Impressed with the smooth execution of the hazard stripes.

Haha, thanks, I have an Iron Warriors army, so got my practice there!

I'd say you made the CORRECT choice:

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Blood_Angel_Land_Speeder_(Classic).gif

1) Sweet.

2) I need that model. 

Keep an eye on my WIP thread :wink:

Edited by Charlo

Aha! He has a tiny bit of paint on him now! Too much to vow though I think :'(

Might take a leaf out of your book and just do a big dump vow!

...Then cry LAMENT when Its July and I've not yet picked up a brush.

Edited by Charlo

Aha! He has a tiny bit of paint on him now! Too much to vow though I think :'(

Might take a leaf out of your book and just do a big dump vow!

...Then cry LAMENT when Its July and I've not yet picked up a brush.

Yes, I have a postgraduate degree in procrastination - If I didn't put everything in, then I wouldn't feel the pressure and wouldn't get it done!

Tanks are super easy with Army painter dragon red - It goes on slightly too thick for me to use it on infantry, though, so I do them by hand. It still means a tank can be done in a day.

It is that reason I am glad I chose Black as my Primary colour. Edge highlighting gets a little old but otherwise so easy.

Speeder looks dope!

Like the little Drop Pod(?) symbols on the sides, will have to steal that!

Hey, thanks!

This was an ebay salvage, it previously had ultramarine icons, but they got knifed off - the BA ones nicely cover the damage. They're also really good to just add to models - I press moulded a load of them from the drop pod kit!

Looking at the photos of my speeder, I forgot to paint the sensors on the rear...rudder sensor spine thing. I this taken care of now :D

Edited by Xenith

^^ Yes, and no - It was an ebay lot that I salvaged. I thought about taking the typhoons off, but it would have been a headache, and I might have ended up trashing it.

I have another speeder on sprues that I will be magnetising, and my friend Skink on the DA forum has magnetised all of his (including the typhoon), it's an easy one to do :)