• 2 weeks later...

I think the torso and psychic hood will slip perfectly onto the torso back from a regular terminator.

Basically I want one with a storm shield option, even though I think it might be wasted points, and then one with the open hand zapping something. I think I can find some walking legs with the outstretched hand which will look cool.

I still don't really know what to arm then with: axe, gallians, sword, shield. Combi weapons?

I still don't really know what to arm then with: axe, gallians, sword, shield. Combi weapons?

Magnets. Arm them with magnets.

See, I went through a heavy magnetising phase...and barring weapons on tanks, I've never swapped things out.

I like my models to keep the same weapons so they develop a history.

I dunno. The libby will be hard to magnetise without entirely replacing the right arms, I'd rather find a unique wargear set and leave it like that.

Besides, when I bought these, I forgot I already owned:

Callistarius from Space Hulk (Axe, Storm Bolter)

TDA Librarian (Staff, Storm Bolter).

I might (eventually) give Callistarius the storm shield as I cant think of a way to make it work on the new plastics, combi plasma/axe on one of the new models...Valours Edge/Fury of Baal / force staff on the other.

Further to the friendly doubles tourney in March, I'm going with what I have painted, so it will be something like this:

210 Librarian Dread, ML1, heavy flamer drop pod, deathwind,

165 10 scouts, bp and ccw, camo cloaks, power fist, veteran serge

99 3 scout bikes, combi grav, 2 grenade launchers, cluster mines

55 5 scouts, shotguns,

220 5 Terminators, assault cannon

749pts 

Termies are not the optimal choice, but I'm going with what I have painted.

Edited by Xenith

So I'm back home and got a Librarian made. I love this model, it's absolutely gorgeous.

I didn't put on the axe, replaced the left arm with a grey knight arm, and made up a combi plasma from a spare Calth combi weapon, he then got a GK sword with a pommel from a DC chainsword.

I tried really hard to attach this guys torso to a different set of legs, but it isn't going to work without a lot of cutting. I'll have to think hard about what to do with the next one.

gallery_58096_11797_108088.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_195666.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_339691.jpg

gallery_58096_11797_385735.jpg

I have to say, I'm actually ecstatic about how this guy came out, mostly down the the awesome face and zappy hand sculpt, but how well the force sword conversion came together. The torso front and legs are not glued to I can take him apart to paint him well. Librarians are my absolute favourite characters, so I'm looking forward to doing this one justice.

I also finally made up some Grav Bikers:

8th Co, 5th Squad:

gallery_58096_11796_524568.jpg

gallery_58096_11796_23680.jpg

gallery_58096_11796_445813.jpg

gallery_58096_11796_266752.jpg

MOAR MARINEZ!

Edited by Xenith

Hey all, thanks for the kind words!

Libby is a masterwork my friend. Love him! The Combi plasma is pretty much what I'm looking to do with my tactical terms at some point (even if I did hastily paint them already for a game... Oops).

Honestly, hassle people with BaC sets for their spare combi bits - you get three per combi body, leaving you with 2 melta, plasma or flamer spares, then just chopping the barrels off the storm bolter and adding the special weapon barrel. This is way easier than hacking the storm bolter in half to try and add plasma coils and the like (I've tried it, it takes ages).

Great work cousin!!!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing your take on our Chief Librarian!

The libby is awesome, great work! I especially like the completely free right arm.

Thanks, I wanted to use that opened hand for zapping things, but didn't want to sacrifice a weapon, resulting in the need to put both weapons on one arm, it worked out nicely, those GK terminator arms are amazing for conversions.

Edited by Xenith

• 3 weeks later...

So, today was the day of the doubles tournament, and my first games in over a year!

It was good fun, albeit being paired up with filthy xenos. I played 2 games, eking a win, then getting a pasting.

The 750pt list I ended up going with (which is basically all the painted models I have with me right now):

Librarian dread, ml1, heavy flamer, drop pod, deathwind

6 terminators, heavy flamers

9 scouts, bp and ccw, veteran serge, powerfist.

5 scouts, shotguns

3 scout bikers, combi grav, cluster mines, 2x grenade launchers, melta bomb

game 1 was against a tau/nid combo, and after a rocky start and the worst luck, we pulled out a win. MVP were the scout bikers and powerfist serge: 

A Mawloc deepstruck, eating two scouts. In my turn, the bikers came on, combi gravved it: 3 hits, 3 wounds, one wound from my partners broadside, and then, seeking vengeance, my scout sergeant with fist ran in and punched it to death (it was concussed!). The scout bike then went on to kill a hammerhead with longstrike - they charged, he overwatched, killing two, then the last scout assaulted, 2 hits, 2 penetrating hits, immobilised and stunned, then killed with a krak grenade in my opponents turn. This scout is getting highlighted. The scout then turboboosted to contest an objective, increasing our win.

In the second game, my MVP was the drop pod. I'll leave it at that.

Lessons Learned:

Scout bikers are awesome. Cluster mines are over priced, but 79pts gets the above unit, and it punches above it's weight. The combo of infiltrate, scout, move through cover, then up to 3 grenade launchers and a combi weapon mean it can put out decent firepower.

Terminators still suck. A 15pt grav gun can wipe 120 pts of terminator in a single round of shooting, and mounted on bikes....they pretty much make slow 2 plus saves irrelevant in this game. 

Dropping the Furioso Librarian into the enemy doesn't work. I need to stop doing this and be more cautious. He didn't really achieve much, and I relied on getting powers off, which I generally failed. A frag cannon is more reliable. 

Drop pods are awesome. The 10 man burninator squad hopping out of one is going to be a lot of fun. Also, 3 melta bombs for a S5 large blast every turn is insane.

The Swiss scene is a bit more competitive than my usual/I brought a really poor army to the table. These two things combined to make some tough matches. I really need to make my BA more all rounders. Probably more bikes and speeders are needed. And Death company. Suggestions welcome!

Edited by Xenith

Dang, scout bikers do sound useful. I'm sure once ours are WS/BS 4 they'll be even better too!

You won't always get a return, but view them like attack bikes, 50 something points for a T5 nuisance.

All they need to do is outflank with 3 grenade launchers rapid firing into the back of a tank, and they are worth it. That unit is 4 bodies, 3 GL and a combi weapon for 97pts.

I'll be buying another box of these for sure.

Dang, scout bikers do sound useful. I'm sure once ours are WS/BS 4 they'll be even better too!

You won't always get a return, but view them like attack bikes, 50 something points for a T5 nuisance.

All they need to do is outflank with 3 grenade launchers rapid firing into the back of a tank, and they are worth it. That unit is 4 bodies, 3 GL and a combi weapon for 97pts.

I'll be buying another box of these for sure.

Man, when it put it like that, they sound really points efficient.

EDC

I'd put them up there with attack bikes, a nuisance, enough firepower to do something, will die if focussed on, but an acceptable sacrifice.

I'd put them up there with attack bikes, a nuisance, enough firepower to do something, will die if focussed on, but an acceptable sacrifice.

Well I'm a huge fan of attack bikes, it's quite common for me to give them my 'man of the match' award when doing the post mortem of a game.

EDC

Likewise, they're consistent strong performers for me. The 7th ed change to jink hurt them a lot, but they're still a nuisance.

And an update!

This weekend I've been working on those Sternguard I made...months ago.

They're almost done, and just need a general tidy up and extreme edge highlight.

gallery_58096_11862_360973.jpg

gallery_58096_11862_269816.jpg

gallery_58096_11862_662797.jpg

gallery_58096_11862_445768.jpg

gallery_58096_11862_436744.jpg

As well as this guy:

gallery_58096_11862_264838.jpg

Edited by Xenith