Nice. How did you remove the collar on DefinitelyNotCorbulo?

Looks like he's only using the arms and backpack of the new Sanguinary Priest kit, and is using a set of legs from the tactical kit and the chest from the BA upgrade sprue.

Having said that, you can simply cut the spikey bits off the collar on the new Snaguinary Priest kit and that will allow you to fit a standard Jump pack to him.

Nice. How did you remove the collar on DefinitelyNotCorbulo?

Looks like he's only using the arms and backpack of the new Sanguinary Priest kit, and is using a set of legs from the tactical kit and the chest from the BA upgrade sprue.

Having said that, you can simply cut the spikey bits off the collar on the new Snaguinary Priest kit and that will allow you to fit a standard Jump pack to him.

Yup, Brother Definitelynotcorbulo (Brother Olubroc) is the Blood Angel upgrade sprue torso and head, priest arms and backpack, and tactical squad legs.

I have, however actually removed the collar from the priest models torso, and I did it with a hobby saw, cutting it down to normal collar height.

• 1 month later...

And I'm back on the ETL wagon with some points-heavy characters:

VOW 2

I, Xenith, accept the challenge of E Tenebrae Lux and hereby vow to complete the below models for the Blood Angels Sub Forum, on or before the 15th August. Successful completion of my vow shall see me reap great reward and renown, however failure will see me consumed by the rage, and consigned to the ranks of the death company until my vow is avenged.

Castigon, Blood Angels Captain: Relic Blade, grav pistol, jump pack, veritas vitae, artificer armour, digi weapons, auspex; 195pts

9th Company Captain: Combi grav, power fist (advanced bionic arm), artificer armour, auspex, veritas vitae; 165pts

Company Captain: relic blade, bolt pistol, storm shield, artificer armour, jump pack; 165

Chaplain: TDA, Veritas Vitae; 135

Librarian: Force Sword, Hand Flamer, Level 2 (Epistolary insignia on tabard); 115

Total:

775 pts

gallery_58096_11797_300089.jpg

Looking forward to seeing castigon! I was disappointed with his portrayal in the Lemartes short story, but have always seen his name in the codex and thought he was a bad*** with the nickname "lord adjudicator" which may just be generic name for the cpt of every 5th? Or 4th company have...

Either way I'm sure you'll do him justice!

Thanks man! I haven't read the Lemartes story, but I think it can be downloaded as an ebook now? I might have to give it a go - how was he portrayed?

Yes, someone has a quote from Tycho on Castigon also, he seems to maybe have a stick up his ass, but I'm sure he smites all in the name of the Emperor - He'll prove his worth in the arena and on the gaming table.

I think the Lord Adjudicator is the name/symbolic role for the captain of the 4th, or it could be a flexible thing, with senior members of the chapter having different roles, like how the master of the fleet probably is captain rank, but doesnt have a company, etc.

Edited by Xenith

I think it's called "Lemartes: Gurdian of the lost" and I got it for like $15 a few months back on iBooks on my iPhone.

It's not the best depiction of BA in general, but really cool to see how Lemartes thinks and feels. I've seen that Tycho quote and Castigon is depicted in that same way I think. Plus he only uses a chainsword! Lol I'm sure he has other weapons, but just a little weird to me, though it was probably the best weapon based on what they were fighting.

Ok definitely picking that up!

My latest dilemma is whether to go red or gold with Castigon...

Karlaen is red,

Aphael is too,

But gold looks quite good,

What should i do!

Edited by Xenith

i would go gold with red shoulders/helm if he has one, but i am going white with my SG so gold on my HQs will stand out still. I don't know if you use SG, but i wanted to avoid having my HQs as the same color because i'd be using SG bits to make the HQs, so if they were the same color they may look nearly identical... You may not have this problem, but the only reason i wouldn't use gold would be to keep him different from any SG you might have. 

"Lord Adjudicator" screams golden armored bad*** to me

Good question - this was a refurbishment, so I don't know where they are, or why the original owner removed them!

I also forgot to attach a new one in my rush to get things ETL ready, D'oh!

EDIT:

'Captain' 1 done

gallery_58096_12254_58102.jpg

Heraldry

gallery_58096_12254_51845.jpg

Devastator captain

gallery_58096_11927_102533.jpg

It's hard to see due to camera glare, but I had a go at outlining chest armour onto the Mk3, shamelessly stolen from somewhere on here.

gallery_58096_11927_77657.jpg

Chaplain Progress

gallery_58096_11797_35457.jpg

Castigon Progress

gallery_58096_11797_8124.jpg

Edited by Xenith