Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

Wow, that guy's gonna be huge!

well i wanted him to be able to look a centurion in the eye, before he beats him up and drop kicks the centurion

Did you make that foot from scratch? If so, fine work indeed

yes aculpted that in greystuff, most of it is gonna be made frim scratch with a bit here and there and some wire, planning on making it a multi part "kit"

Wow, that guy's gonna be huge!

well i wanted him to be able to look a centurion in the eye, before he beats him up and drop kicks the centurion

Yuo should give him a pose like that! Or maybe not:)

well i be doing it in parts feet then shoms and thighs and pelvis, then making a mould so i can make more, the idea as you can see on the round indent in the foot is to make it moveble, so i can glue them in a diffrent pose every time if i want, already have a few ideas.

What's this grey stuff anyways? I'm assuming it's like green stuff, is it easier to work with or just a different version?

yes just like green stuff, but instead of blue and yellow its black and white you mix and you get greystuff. i find its less sticky and less rubbery when cured, so when i sculp big bits i prefer greystuff, the bit will stoll be bendy and softer than plastic, but its more stoff than the green.

atleast thats my expirence with it.

What's this grey stuff anyways? I'm assuming it's like green stuff, is it easier to work with or just a different version?

yes just like green stuff, but instead of blue and yellow its black and white you mix and you get greystuff. i find its less sticky and less rubbery when cured, so when i sculp big bits i prefer greystuff, the bit will stoll be bendy and softer than plastic, but its more stoff than the green.

For the cloak I did on my biker lord and any piece you want to be more sturdy, I used Lorenzen's recipe of mixing Green Stuff with Milliput, hardens really well and you can sand it down to make really nice flowing capes that are as sturdy as plastic.

For the cloak I did on my biker lord and any piece you want to be more sturdy, I used Lorenzen's recipe of mixing Green Stuff with Milliput, hardens really well and you can sand it down to make really nice flowing capes that are as sturdy as plastic.

thanks, good advice, but havent been able to locate any milliput

sorry for the long wait, have had alot obdo, did squize in a little time to do some sculpting, and paining, the painting is just more plague marines, and im sure you all had enough of those, also did some bikes but not the iders yet.

a a few hurryed pictures of the first obliterrator shin, its about 40% done jst working on the front atm, and that still needs a bit of work, and barely done anything on the back yet, and after that ill make a mould so ill have more than one i cand make difrent trim patterns on.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/F88A2C8B-19FD-47F9-B8B7-E019AC45E23B.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/E9741C7A-AE73-4879-8ED5-58452D69378A_3.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/E9741C7A-AE73-4879-8ED5-58452D69378A_3.jpg

also tryed updating the first post in this tread to ajust the title and add some tags..... but when i tryed it woldent let me, said it had more pictures than was allowed or something

The back of the leg looks interesting, are those gonna be pistons?

thanks, well not sure yet, considered it, but dont want them to seem too centurion like, think they be more terminator leg like, only on demonic steroids.

one thing i dont like with sculpting is the lobg curing time where ill have to wait before i can add the next layer.

this is taking ages, but i want it to be good, i been working mostly on legs, but went ahead and tryed to sculpt a spine on the back, not sure if im happy with it pr not, wouls like to hear what you guys thibk, sorry for the poor pictures.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/9C6681FD-CFFD-4FB7-A6F4-205F84243455.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/6DBA6E11-C805-4352-A5B7-29288C730B98.jpg

considering if i should remove it and try again.

Edited by thamier

hehe i know, and cause of the shape of the back some of the areas arenhare to reach. my plan was to make it look a bit like the DV hellbrute, the spine stcking out and the skn around it, but need t have the spine done first, then ill fix the area around it afterwards.

ill try taking another picture, thats a bit more detailed.

might have to try making another spine then choose the best one.

thanks for all the comments.

Good work on the spine Thamier, it always sucks to fully customize a unit but the end product is completely worth it. I second what jimmy101 said, work on multiple pieces at once to keep from having to watch putty cure. Also start on some other projects if you've got other ideas or stuff to paint, that always helps satisfy the hobby urge when you've completed a piece that you don't want to touch for fear of messing it up before it dries.

To me it looks pretty good, maybe when it cures with knife you should sharpen edges a bit.

thanks, think ill try filing a bit on it if neded.

ahh looking good so far

I know how you feel about greenstuff, maybe work on a couple at a time?

Looks awesome I think.

i have a hard time judging when its cured enough to be safe to handle, to be safe i usely wait 24 hours.

but i am, working on foot, shin, back, thigh and pelvis.

Making spines sucks, I discovered that with my dreadknight, however yours have turned out better than mine and I thought mine were good enough haha so perfect In my eyes, keep up the good work

i know, much harder than one would think, and thanks, but yours looked great too.

Good work on the spine Thamier, it always sucks to fully customize a unit but the end product is completely worth it. I second what jimmy101 said, work on multiple pieces at once to keep from having to watch putty cure. Also start on some other projects if you've got other ideas or stuff to paint, that always helps satisfy the hobby urge when you've completed a piece that you don't want to touch for fear of messing it up before it dries.

I do have several projects, there is the current one that i need to do, then the side one thats second prio, then thete is always a few to fill time gaps, and then the few things that just sneaks in that i just cant help doing cause its cool.

been making more and more plague marines and building/ painting bikes.

back again, thought ill update here before bed, gotten a little bit more work in on it, and sor far its mostly made from greystuff sculpt, just the torso was made from terminator bits, please bear in mind this is a work in progress and it s faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar fom being anywere near done.

i took some postertag and tred a test fit, to compare size on my oblit with a centurion, looks promecing.

still going in snail paze layer by layer a few steps forward and a few steps back.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/12B9E863-B420-46FF-B788-0B2A9C52554B.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/208F8847-0A29-4C09-AF4B-68A343FC0F6B.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/43AAE0AE-597F-4298-83FF-4E6A578F4109.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/54BD03A4-B82E-44AC-BC35-D9D11399068D.jpg

its a multi part kit, so when i get each part done iml make a mould for it so i can make more, the foot is almost done, the shin is getting close to a base, ill copy that and make some with diffrent style trims like on my doodles above.

the pelvis and thigh s just base atm will look alot diffrent when its complte, hip plating and more.

Love it so far, can't wait to see them done.

thanks, too bad there is only a like button, and no button for when you love sometjing.

i myself am really looking forward to getting it finished, but reLly want it to be high standard.