Let The Galaxy Burn! Balefire Legion: 40k again!

thamier

what im wondering is if during the battle of terra if the green sons of horus have all chaosy looking armour, horns spikes? chaos trim?

noting found from googleing, and its long before they merged into black legion

I don't know anything specific but the III and XVII legion were already totally corrupted by that point (granted, at least the XVII had a head start) and Horus is described as being infused with the power of chaos, so I think the Sons of Horus would also have some corruption/gifts.

what im wondering is if during the battle of terra if the green sons of horus have all chaosy looking armour, horns spikes? chaos trim?

noting found from googleing, and its long before they merged into black legion

I don't know anything specific but the III and XVII legion were already totally corrupted by that point (granted, at least the XVII had a head start) and Horus is described as being infused with the power of chaos, so I think the Sons of Horus would also have some corruption/gifts.

im having a hard time finding any pictures or info about them, only that people say that they think they might be all chaos corrupted in looks, would be nice to have it confirmed somewhere tough 

Nah. Just paint them green and black and do some mutation/corruption/chaos gifts. The SoH already have Possessed marines.

Maybe just give some models lots of stuff and others none. While there are already some that embraced the powers of chaos, the slow incidental corruption of staying in the Eye for millennia is not there yet.

ill paint them black and green, and thought ill add a few pictures of my vow here too

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/FD33CAF3-AD9F-442A-ADD2-F8DE4430329A.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/141DACFB-4B11-4020-A81B-4AD83E2B2F39.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/754E5B29-5482-46D1-B99E-8884801BBBE2.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/4968CA47-5E6D-4161-8605-DEB8C6BEDD09.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/7F70043D-FC81-4427-8D54-331E65BE5345.jpg

Am I seeing Luperci there, or are those Possessed for the Balefire Legion?

yup it is, as soon as i have time ill paint them up to best in show standard too.

and i thought it should be luperci, cause they arnt just gal vorbak ;)

I've been waiting to see your Abaddon painted for long and you have not disappointed! That is the best take on him I have seen yet :D

Nemac

thanks alot Nemac, glad you like him, he even won me two best painted so im all happy

Your bloodhounds remind me of the hounds from Ghostbusters :D

Your Abaddon looks awesome and can't wait to see how the Luperci turn out.

thanks alot, gonna see if i have time, when i come back home after cristmas

In regards to SoH towards the end (i.e. Siege of Terra), there's a lot of older artwork in Visions of Heresy which shows a lot of them in black armor, a decent amount of spikes, and some physical mutations (for ex there's a pic of a group of Sons, in black armor, no helmets, faces are red with chin and forehead horns) at around the time of the Siege.

The Warmaster is a Master Piece. :tu: :tu:

thanks!

Your Warmaster is an awesome beast!

thanks! that means he gets move through cover!

In regards to SoH towards the end (i.e. Siege of Terra), there's a lot of older artwork in Visions of Heresy which shows a lot of them in black armor, a decent amount of spikes, and some physical mutations (for ex there's a pic of a group of Sons, in black armor, no helmets, faces are red with chin and forehead horns) at around the time of the Siege.

thanks, not sure if i can find those pictures, but ill be sure to have a look, thank you so much for the help

fantasic work man! do you have any tips or tricks on how you got such a smoth finsh on the ropes?

thin paints, wipe off exess on paper, then lots of layers letting it dry then another layer , had taken alot of videos until my camera died on me, gonna make a project log videos series , but havent had time to edit it yet.

but as soon as i have time ill upload those, and do more

That Abaddon of yours is freaking amazing and also serves as proof that you need to include more bareheaded models in your army, since you are obviously excellent at painting faces!

Brilliant work! :)

thanks KS maybe i should include more helmetless characters, but we will have to wait and see, as i mentioned my time is very limited now.

Great work man, really love how this is all coming together. Really spurns me on to try make my own Abbandon.

thanks mate, im sure you can make an awsome abaddon, let me know how it turns out 

I do have the original Abaddon, but updating it to a better pose might. Wish I had his weapons spare for a new one.

Great work man, really love how this is all coming together. Really spurns me on to try make my own Abbandon.

thanks mate, im sure you can make an awsome abaddon, let me know how it turns out

I do have the original Abaddon, but updating it to a better pose might. Wish I had his weapons spare for a new one.

a shame you arnt close by, i have a spare resin abaddon almost complete, might have cut a bit from one leg, but think im gonna sell him to fund my future projects