Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Nice work on the fiend, it is really coming along now dude, big time. And the tank, I am interested in what colour you are going to go with for it as it is so big. One thing is for sure it is looking a beast (I wouldn't want to vow such a big kit!)

well, its a slaanesh tank, and thats a biiiig (shaven) gun... ill just leave that thought there

Cheers for that image...well...the one you mention too often on FB that is grrrrr.

The turquoise/ light blue looks really nice on the large areas of the Fiend. :)

:thanks: was thinking of breaking up the biggest two plates on the back with a marble pattern maybe.

Nice work on the fiend, it is really coming along now dude, big time. And the tank, I am interested in what colour you are going to go with for it as it is so big. One thing is for sure it is looking a beast (I wouldn't want to vow such a big kit!)

I've been donated an old airbrush so fingers crossed I can use it for the most of it. And it's not going to be bright overall as I'm thinking an ash type camo for the most part with coloured additional details.

well, its a slaanesh tank, and thats a biiiig (shaven) gun... ill just leave that thought there

That's what she said....

Anyway great stuff the fiend looks rather dapper with a bright colour on and the marble would only add to the bespoke look lol

Looks good bro. It really adds a level of professionalism to the image :)

If I had to make one critical remark it would be that the lettering is difficult to read when its in the smaller format. Maybe a different font, background or colouring for the letters would help add some definition. Then again, people will come to recognise the watermark regardless, and therefore it will have fulfilled it's intended purpose.

Being honest, that was one of the things I wasn't too sure of. Now that I've seen how it looks I know that is one thing that needs tweaking. The background too I think.

Maybe simplify it a bit too.

Comments : It´s good. For a logo on the main page of a website. 

Critics : It´s a little too busy for a tiny logo to be inserted on photos. I can´t really read your name in the logo and I already know it´s yours. The busy dark electrical sky background takes is the first thing one notice and note your name. The 2 circles with the shading lost me. They kind of make me associate it immediately the Ford logo.... Sorry. I don´t mean to snipe your work.

I would drastically simplify it. Your models are very colorful so I would do a silver, black and white or only black logo. The font is original. I would keep a big ass F and smaller "orte" letters. After all it means strong. It is a statement.

I would thicken the font. Turn your F into the S of the superman logo. Everybody knows who is wearing it and what it stands for. Your F is versatile. You can turn it into chaos, Slaneesh or whatever you feel like to. 

Sorry a lot of critics to take in but it is my humble opinion. 

Cheers, F-man :)

@Darth Mustard. I asked didn't I and everything you say does make sense.

The main thing that really makes sense is the comment about the size. Large, it works (with a bit more fading in places) but small it is too complex. I'll play around with size and shades. Reduce the colours involved in a smaller version.

Better, but I would go a bit smaller. With the black in it it has a lot more visual "weight" and draws the eye away from the actual subject of the picture, which is the minis themselves. Less is always more in cases like these. Personally I would just go for the stylized "F" as suggested above, maybe a simple drop shadow to help it stand off the background. You don't need more than that. :)

I think the second is heading in the right direction maybe lessen the shadow on the rim so it isnt silver and black once its down to size the edges should soften anyway :) Cool idea did you do the F yourself?

Squeaky, I had to read your post twice just to be sure you weren't being rude... :laugh.:

lol... me rude never crossed my mind :whistling: not like im jealous of forte's skills :P 

Edited by Squeaky

The F is how an uppercase F comes out in one of my fonts on CS6. When I'm on the pc next I'll see which it is.

Going to get on with painting now but may have another go at the logo tomorrow.

The F is how an uppercase F comes out in one of my fonts on CS6. When I'm on the pc next I'll see which it is.

Going to get on with painting now but may have another go at the logo tomorrow.

Cool cheers Forte though i dont have CS6 :P