Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

So, are you going to paint Khârn in the divine flayers colors, just to anger the blood god?

Nope. He'll be red, black, and brass. Mainly as a break from the colours I've been using. That and I want to see how quickly I can paint with a limited pallet of colours.

Congrats on the vow completion! :biggrin.:

It's been a pleasure to watch these two come together, even if they are dirty rotten heretics. :tongue.:

Best of luck with round 2 - I'd suggest turquoise and hot pink digital camo for the tank, but then again there's a time limit and that might be a bit tricky!:laugh.:

Congrats on the vow completion! :biggrin.:

It's been a pleasure to watch these two come together, even if they are dirty rotten heretics. :tongue.:

Best of luck with round 2 - I'd suggest turquoise and hot pink digital camo for the tank, but then again there's a time limit and that might be a bit tricky!:laugh.:

Cheers Ace. Been just as good watching you improve.

Going to be standard ash camouflage as it's a new acquisition. There's a few added details which is where the colour will start to come in.

Wow Forte, that hell thingy is just awesome. A perfect combination of brutal engineering and you spicotic colour patterns :P Will you be doing Khârn in his original colours or will you surprise us?

Khârn will be in the colours of Khorne. Just as he should be ;)

That forgefiend is freaking awesome!

Funny how many great fiend conversions there are considering how ugly the models is if built according to the instructions.

It's the same with most of the daemon engines.

Well the plan of airbrushing the Stormsword is well out the window. Had to get a starting point though so out with the large drybrush and the old wall tile.

VMC black grey/dark blue grey mix with a bit of glaze medium.

med_gallery_29004_9523_331000.jpg

Unsure whether to add some camo marks by mixing olive green into a grey. Trying for ash camo after all.

Edited by forte

Frank looks good,just one small detail you missed........Its not destroyed by loyalists :P :D

Are you going to have some IG hanging from the side being tortured and flayed? If not I think you should  

Frank looks good,just one small detail you missed........Its not destroyed by loyalists :P :D

Are you going to have some IG hanging from the side being tortured and flayed? If not I think you should

Nope but the 6 crew faces are all in place ;)

Frank looks good,just one small detail you missed........Its not destroyed by loyalists :tongue.::biggrin.:

Nope but the 6 crew faces are all in place :wink:

Ohhh you missed a perfect opportunity to show the glory of Sleenesh.Bad forte go skin your self till the next crusade :P :D

(is that chaosy?)

hurry and paint

Good luck with the new vow, Forte. ^_^

Hopefully the time limit doesn't interfere too much with getting these guys done!:unsure:

Already got started on the Stormsword so as long as I can keep at it I should be ok.

The fiend came out so well! Oh man I'm in love with it.

Cheers. Pretty pleased myself too.

+ + + VOW 2 PROGRESS REPORT + + +

After a little recon into the Astra area, it was very much hinted that I should add some kind of camouflage pattern, and after looking over many images on Google I decided to keep it simple and opt for a two colour affair. Vallejo Model Colour Dark Blue Grey and Black Grey. Both dry brushed slightly lighter then with khaki added to the lower areas.

I've added a few decals too (with Vallejo Decal Medium. Don't have Decal Fix yet) which I'll chip a little with the colour beneath.

med_gallery_29004_9523_64262.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_44145.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_118746.jpg

Now to decide on a chipping colour really. Thinking Charadon Granite for most of it then Terracotta for areas which have heavier chipping. Maybe bare metal after that too. Any thoughts?

After will be weapons and normal tank details. Then onto the faces, cloth, and other Chaos extras which will be in newer, brighter, cleaner colours.

Cheers for the support through all my painting too. Many times I would have gone onto other things and added more to the 'incomplete' stuff :thanks: :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, that really helps. The gray almost looked like bare plastic. The dry brush and camo make it look pretty nice. Now we can see all that detail starting to pop. Should be fun to watch this come to life with all the details and icons. 

Still nothing compared to the details on Queen Bee ;)

Oh yeah, that really helps. The gray almost looked like bare plastic. The dry brush and camo make it look pretty nice. Now we can see all that detail starting to pop. Should be fun to watch this come to life with all the details and icons. 

Still nothing compared to the details on Queen Bee :wink:

She is admittedly over the top. I don't do that with any of my other stuff, so It's just pent-up. :D Thanks, though. You should go look at my coloring/weathering test I posted and give me suggestions. I've got to get the armor plates figured out in the next year or so. 

Still nothing compared to the details on Queen Bee :wink:

She is admittedly over the top. I don't do that with any of my other stuff, so It's just pent-up. :biggrin.: Thanks, though. You should go look at my coloring/weathering test I posted and give me suggestions. I've got to get the armor plates figured out in the next year or so. 

Already done. Though I doubt my comment was much actual use.