Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Nice camouflage, though its weird not to see any screaming colours burning my eyes :tongue.:

It'll happen. Don't panic. Though nothing has been too screaming on the colour front yet :wink:

Throne, that made me shiver :mellow.:

Really clean job of the tank

It look massive

Regarding the weathering I know how tempting (héhé Slaneesh...) to over weather it, keep in mind that rest of your army is really clean to.

You have dark urban concrete base for your troops so I don't know if a too muddy effect would be coherent.

I would have love to see a Slaneesh tank officer in this beasty boy or girl or wathever since it's Slaneesh's turrel.

Maybe a cultist crew sitting, using it as a tranport? You can always remove them according to your mood or game.

I really see a huge progression in your work, Brother Forte.  I'm truly jealous.

+ + + VOW 2 PROGRESS REPORT + + +

Gave the tank a bit of weathering (ignore the tracks, they still need the raised areas picking out). Still plenty to do before going for the bright colours.

med_gallery_29004_9523_241985.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_88989.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_258821.jpg

Didn't go too heavy on the chipping.

I also made a start on Kh

I'm liking the slight metallic sheen the red has, don't see it done that subtly too often.

I know a lot of the FW HH are done in a similar way. Alpha Legion for example. May add a little purple to some shadow areas though. So much for quick and dirty eh.

Something I do need to do with his base though is paint the helmets. There are three Imperial (including one TDA) and two Chaos. Now, I know I'll do one Imp as a Black Templar but what would people like to see the other four as?

hooooo

shinnyyyyy

precioouuuussss

kharnivorrrrrrr

this tank gets better by the minute

I should go cold turkey on cod (especially since the lag in China is literally killing me) and find the way back to my hobby table

chaos helmet color? Whose Khorne bff? it starts with an ... S

@Ace. That's a good point really.

@Teetengee. Quite amusing with DA as traitors. Doubt I'll do a Divine Flayers helmet due to the helms I've used having horns. My Flayers won't be having horns.

@Darth. CoD and lag go hand in hand. Unless you live in the US or Spain from my experience. Do find I'm a lot calmer when I don't play it too often. And maybe I'll go with an EC helm.

Looking like it's:

Black Templars

Space Wolves

Ultramarines (TDA)

World Eaters

Emperor's Children (black/pink scheme)

@Darth. CoD and lag go hand in hand. Unless you live in the US or Spain from my experience. Do find I'm a lot calmer when I don't play it too often. And maybe I'll go with an EC helm. 

Well, I lived 8 years in the US and Spain before landing in China... servers opposed me to kick ass japanese ninjas who have one of the most efficient infrastructure in the world. So I mostly die without even seeing my opponent (ninjas are for real). CoD is stressing me too. I put the blame on the character of Frank in House of Cards who reinignited the flame. My neighbours definitely heard me refered loudly to a mother or two.

Anyway nothing to do with a Bolter and a Chainsaw. I should go back to minis. Should be more calming. Even login on B&C is tricky here in the Kingdom of the middle.

Seems that Khârn been busy judging by the pile of heads and skulls he'll be on. You have picked my attention now. Will it be a playable base or a display model?

I believe that head collection is intimate and personnal (well according to my personnal collection :)) you should pick helmets that are personnal to your history of painting like the chapter you collected or the one you dislike the most.

Can't wait to see some color pop on that grey tank of yours

Damn you Forte !!

I manage to find the way back to my GW table yesterday.

Tried to play a little bit with green stuff, screwed it up, threw it away and ... you ... manage to finish that mini...

I think I should official retire from the hobby and just do C&C, faster and easier...

Good call on the ES helmet.

I don't know why I like that color theme but I'm reluctant to paint it.

Let's see the tank now

@Darth Mustard. Just go with what you feel. I know you usually sell on but you need to get some enjoyment out of the process too. The only reason I went on to Khârn was because the tank weathering wasn't quite going right.

@Anaziel. Cheers. All in the washes. Resisted blooding him up too.

+ + + VOW 2 PROGRESS REPORT + + +

Did some more weathering on the Stormsword as it wasn't really showing much. Prefer it now so I started work on the guns and engine area.

med_gallery_29004_9523_63121.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_549723.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_1038390.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_727243.jpg

I took a couple more to shw how the weathering is from a little closer.

med_gallery_29004_9523_182480.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_771090.jpg

So plenty to go before the bright stuff. Doubt I'll be going for a third vow at this rate.

Cheers for checking in. Any ideas always welcome. Though I wont be using any weathering powders as I don't have any so it's all paint :thanks: :thumbsup:

Someone's got to crack the w(h)ip.

Alternatively, it looks good to me now on to the pink????

Solid work there, I would love to know how anyone paints vehicles quickly, let alone to the standard you have. (Vehicles have always been a weakness of mine, painting wise).

Edited by Teetengee

I would love to know how anyone paints vehicles quickly, let alone to the standard you have. (Vehicles have always been a weakness of mine, painting wise).

Honestly, I don't think I've ever managed to finish any tank apart from old Airfix ones when I was a kid using enamel paints. Never been happy with the finish but I'm enjoying this one.