Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Just a commentary, since it's better to catch things at this stage than later anyway...shouldn't the legs down by the feet be a little tiny bit more apart? I don't know why, maybe it's the angle or something. It just looks a bit...too casual?

Other than that though, it looks really cool! Can't wait to see it completed! :)

What's more casual than a Night Lord about to tear someone apart ;)

I thought it would make him look a bit more 'cold hearted murder who's a bit cock sure of himself' than 'ultimate soldier of the galaxy'. If you look at some of the killers in action films, they often just stroll up to an already weakened target before putting a last bullet into them.

It is something I considered but the though..."sod it, he'll stand out more".

I hope you don't mind some honest input. I feel like I would be lying to you if I said I liked the pose. I was hoping for something that screamed arrogance and I don't see it. His foot placement really bothers me as well. It looks uncomfortable. I also think the right lightning claw looks off when paired with the left's "come get some" pose.

Don't kill the messenger. Just my two bits.

Don't worry, I won't kill the messager...at least, not in daylight ;)

It's all been experimenting for me and the most extensively I've ever converted anything. Problem now is there's other things trying to take my interest so I need to start getting paint on him.

The right claw was admittedly, one of those "I just need to get it done" parts but should have been turned downwards and closer to the body.

Overall, I'm happy with him (and his right angled feet). I've learnt a lot and am now in love with using magnets and can see why so many people do.

As for being brutally honest...thank you. It's nice to hear real views rather than the far too often used 'tell them what they want to hear' approach. Honesty encourages improvement so never stop :tu:

I think he looks kinda good. I still think the legs are a bit too straight. He would be more of an arrogant killer walking, I think. Also, I think the sword needs to be angled out instead of in. :P

Other then that he looks great. It's always fun converting because you live and learn all the time. I also need to get to working with magnets. I have a bunch just sitting in a box at home, but I never bother with using them. I rather build more minis =)

Cheers Natanael. Always learning that's for sure.

I'll be adding a Kill Team to this guy. Only going to kit bash those though. Magnatize the special weapons though. That'll be more for 40k use though. Once I can decide between normal Chaos Marines or Chosen that is.

Next pic I'll put a mormal marine next to him. Bit of a height difference to them which I'm pleased with.

Yeah, when it comes to new conversions, it's often learn as you go. As long as your happy, that's what matters. A lot of people hated my Chaos Lord model in the height of the 3.5 codex, but he was my first heavily converted model and I was thrilled with him.

Cheers Nephlim. It's a fair few years since getting to grips with Green Stuff so I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Hopefully I can pull of the paint scheme I have in my head. Little nervous about the way I'm thinking of letting the lightning be the cause of the highlights.

And thank you to you too Chickenleg. Not got a personal favorite yet.

Flamer-claw so far is my fav as well. I am in love with his helmet. I have a few of those "templar-esque" kinds of helms but I have zero clue where they came from. 

If I had to toss a bit of criticism in there, and only cause I'm picky with them, is his chain-glaive is a bit short for my taste. Seems more like a chain-yari than a chain-naginata ^_^

Flamer-claw so far is my fav as well. I am in love with his helmet. I have a few of those "templar-esque" kinds of helms but I have zero clue where they came from. 

If I had to toss a bit of criticism in there, and only cause I'm picky with them, is his chain-glaive is a bit short for my taste. Seems more like a chain-yari than a chain-naginata :happy.:

Rough guess, the head (goin by the studs) is the Templar Mk7 helm with green stuff snout, could poss be from the new tact box, I have two boxes of them but never really looked at the helms much.

New box head with the face plate trimmed down and the pipes removed. Built up to the shape. Left to cure fully. Then filed to a hard edge. Couple of plasticard bits to finish. Job done ;)

Didn't try to do the vents as I quite like it without (and I didn't want to mess it up).

As for the length of the glave. I was tempted to go longer but glaves vary in length greatly so it'll do.

I have repositioned the sword and it does look better twisted out...and I removed the feather wings on the blade.

Would have primed everything but...well...it's been tipping it down (raining) all day with quite a bit of wind too and I'm not spraying in that :(

Edited by forte

New box head with the face plate trimmed down and the pipes removed. Built up to the shape. Left to cure fully. Then filed to a hard edge. Couple of plasticard bits to finish. Job done :wink:

I was TECHNICALLY right

How could I have missed this blog !!!!!! Amazing stuff brother. You have won a new fan !

Many thanks brother. And if the weather in the UK calms down, more will follow.

How could I have missed this blog !!!!!! Amazing stuff brother. You have won a new fan !

Many thanks brother. And if the weather in the UK calms down, more will follow.

Doesn't show any signs of it where I am, makes me thankful I got all the priming I needed to do done back in November, when it was just cold as opposed to incredibly wet.

I think the lightning claw/combi-flamer is my favourite pose.

Dragonlover

I'm impressed, very crisp looking. You have grown wolf brother... errr traitorous scum. Keep up the good work forte!

I take that compliment with the highest regard brother. Good to see you active again and hope all's well with you and yours. Now...about that traitorous thing...discuss it over some ale and see where it goes shall we ;)