Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Ok... score is even :tongue.:  That is some pretty impressive Nightlordin' and maybe the best lightning I've seen. I've found the more lightning you go with on a model, the more difficult it is to make it branch out believably and naturally. I also really like the little, chubby flamer, I think it's my favorite of all his armory. 

The one tiny tiny criticism... maybe just a matter of personal taste. The casing on the bolter being the same shade as his armor throws me a bit. I'm used to seeing Nightlords with black or red weapon casings.

Amazing work buddy!

Edited by Flint13

I'll start with the lightning. I actually wish I did more in the darker colours and had more overlapping but too late now. Know for next time though.

I accept 0 credit for the bullpup flamer. Credit goes to Mr disease and this beauty

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/Madoktopus/W40k/IMG_2807_zpsbcb9b282.jpg

Lastly, the weapon casings. I got the idea from the FW Horus Heresy book. And it's not like I've ever gone against the norm before ;)

But thank you. I will do a kill team I reckon. Already have one in my head using the Devastator kneeling legs. But I am feeling the Dark Prince calling me once again. For 40k this time. Uptate a bit later.

Wow, forte! This is some awesome work there!

The job on the NL Lord is excellent and frankly you nailed the lightning effect. That is in my view the single most important element about NLs... Even on the combi melta and the Nostraman glaive :woot: a lot of skill there, a lot of skill... Not to mention the interchangeable parts!

So back to ECs then? You out-of-the-closet heretic you! :P

For some reason I am not a fan of modular models, but goshdarnit, that is one fantastic Night Lord! Amazing job, forte!

It's my first and I doubt I'll do another with so many options.

Time for a full update now (seen as I'm on the laptop and not my mobile for a change).

The magnet laden Night Lords Praetor/ Chaos Lord is now complete. After a bit of a headache with a couple of the magnets coming off blah, blah. I happy with him though do wish I did some more lightning bolts crossing over each other to build the lightning areas up that little bit more. I've learned a lot on this one too. First time reposing Marine legs, using magnets, and making a Mk.4 helmet face plate. So here's the full photos and thank you for your patients.

med_gallery_29004_9016_192978.jpg

Everything in one place. Can't believe I went that far (and can't remember who's smart idea it was...).

med_gallery_29004_9016_227985.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9016_20423.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9016_153067.jpg

Combi-melta and Paragon Blade.

med_gallery_29004_9016_107142.jpg

Nostroman Chainglave.

med_gallery_29004_9016_213941.jpg

Lightning Claws

med_gallery_29004_9016_159030.jpg

Counts as Burning Brand.

And as anyone who builds and paints...up next...

The Divine Flayers of Slaanesh

I'm aiming this to be my 40k Emperors Children warband which I have planned to 1000 points so far but as always my head is running fasted than I can build and paint so hopefully this will be finished one day and not just abandoned like so many in the past.

This part will be led by Nemitus Luura, a winged Chaos lord with a Lightning Claw & Power Fist combo.

Nemitus was there when Terra was besieged by Horus and his followers. What a bore that was. Why throw yourself at the Imperial Palace when so much more could be done to the populace. He and the squads of Emperors Children under his leadership didn't bother with the tiresome Warlords plans and took to the cities instead. Maiming, murdering, flaying, toying and more importantly...enjoying the battle. Many slaves were taken as they fled the planet. Not all in the best condition. Some already broken in ways that should have killed them, yet they still screamed. Music to the ears.

The thrill of being chased from World to World by the corpse worshippers was almost exciting as the new experiences being had with every planet they passed on the way to the Eye of Terror. The interior of the ship took on new form as slaves were flayed to near death and stitched to the walls. Void shapes caressing them as they screamed or sobbed. They seemed to enjoy it and I think it was them keeping the mortals alive longer than has ever been known possible.

Century's or maybe even millennia passed with raiding of Imperial and other Legions Planets taking place where possible. The Legion changed quickly. Evolved if you will. Stopped holding back. Legionaries often turned on one another for reasons so varied that it wasn't even worth asking. Loyalty was a fickle thing with everyone wanting what should rightfully be theirs. Nemitus had to dispatch more Emperors Children than he could even be bothered to keep count of. The fleshmakers always making sure the implants were harvested. Sometimes from the dead. Then improved and made ready for a new host.

He and his, if you can call them loyal, squads took a ship and went into the warp to find their own path.

The thinking behind it is having a more generic scheme being used on non-cult marines with gold, silver or white being used on champion helmets or shoulder pads, and those more inclined to excess having more individual paint jobs within the usual Slaanesh style of pastels or more electric and vivid colours for Noise Marines. HQ's and characters will have free rein on how they look too. Daemons will have to play a part and I think for flavour, spawn and possessed too.

First up...

med_gallery_29004_9016_40846.jpg

6 (obviously) Chaos Raptors to go with the Lord. I'll magnetize the special weapons for a bit of flexibility.

Last will be to chose the core colour and I swaying towards turquoise with pink, purple, blue, orange, black and white being accent colours.

Thought, ideas (and I have a few for the spawn already. Thank you Mr Clive Barker for your twisted images), C&C and as always a nice bit of Green & Blacks chocolate is more than welcome.

Thanks for getting this far and good luck with your own projects. Any questions, feel free to ask :thanks: :thumbsup:

Edited by forte

Yeah forte!! Get it!! I love the NL and all his options and glory!! But I have to say my favorite part of the model is the decapitated human head on his belt. It looks great!!

I think a little more pastel on the 'green' and go as baby bottom pink as you can on the shoulder pads. If you contrast that with dirty greaves it could look sublime!!

End of Line

I prefer the second one.

But that nightlord... Damn it you make me want to add them to my collection too now. Awesome work!

That's the affect a lot of the other threads on here had on me too.

Hah, notice how the general consensus is "don't know about those teal guys... but the Nightlord is aces!" ^_^

For actual on-topicness though, I like the first a bit better. I think more "hot" colors than pastel colors when I think Slaanesh. I feel like the more neon colors scream depravity. I mean, just look at most club goers and ravers. Less M&M easter colors, more day-glostick hilarity.

Club goers and ravers eh...that's me since '91 then. I'm guessing you're more on about the old 'Acid House' scene with glow sticks and neons than the 'Drum and Bass' scene.

Here's a quote from Realm of Chaos 'Slaves to Darkness':

A few original Traitor Marines have retained their original Chapter colours, although the Imperial badge has been replaced by Slaanesh's male-female rune. For the most part the Emperor's Children use Slaanesh's pastel shades on their armour, reserving particular colours for different companies withing the Legion. Officers and sergeants are, however, still marked out by gold or silver helmets and rank badges.

Bright neons are more from when the Noise Marines were added to the game and fluff years later.